Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Van Wolfswinkel

He''d go there and actually score goals though. Dirk Kuyt went back to the Eredivisie last season and was one of the top scorers.

Sounds promising - presumably he''s on divisional pay so is maybe now at the sort of level they can afford? We can get the millstone off our necks and maybe even a fee - job''s a good ''un.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]NOT![/quote]The 90''s called, they want their joke back....*Phone rings*What''s that? This joke is also out of date?Oh, ok then....

[A]

He will probably go down in history as the worst buy this club ever made in the context of the fee we paid and the consequences of his lack of success. he probably only has a year left on his contract so will go for a tiny fraction of what we paid. Since his wages will have been halved due to our relegation it may make him keener to go to a club of his choice rather than run his contract down and go on a free. To have any fee coming back to the club and freeing up his wages is a big plus particularly now that we are a championship club

i think he is broken now

and finished at club

BUT i think it may of been different for him when he first left Portugal with a mid table team or higher i think he would of done well in england

Currently Naismith has done no betted than RVW and it looks like he''ll be getting the luxury of a champs season to earn some credit, which RVW has never had.

He has been disappointing in a Norwich shirt but you can still see he''s got more about him than RVW.

And he is more proven.

I''m looking forward to seeing him score 9 goals in an absolutely shocking league (for defensive organization and working off the ball) in one of the best teams and some of our fans saying we should''ve kept him.

He''s an awful player. Please try to remember what happened every time he got the ball to his feet, he got a chance or his complete anonymity in games where we were being dominated. I''d start Jerome, Grabban or even Hooper ahead of him at PL and Championship level every time. What good is a poacher who snatches at shots and generally places his shots straight into the goalies arms?

All I''m trying to say is that Naismith isn''t much better.  Don''t hit on RVW when Naismith is no better - in a Norwich shirt at least.

[quote user="woostercanary"]All I''m trying to say is that Naismith isn''t much better.  Don''t hit on RVW when Naismith is no better - in a Norwich shirt at least.[/quote]

But he is though.

Naismith proved he could score in the Premier League over a number of seasons, van wolf didn''t.

Also, whilst Naismith has been poor for us he''s still looked better and influenced games more than RvW ever did.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Naismith proved he could score in the Premier League over a number of seasons, van wolf didn''t.[/quote]

No, he did it in his first game

[quote user="Clint"]Currently Naismith has done no betted than RVW and it looks like he''ll be getting the luxury of a champs season to earn some credit, which RVW has never had.[/quote]
Well when we first came down with RvW he made it quite clear he didn''t want to play in the Championship, as did his agent.
I concur, I don''t think he''s Championship quality either. League One maybe.

Indeed and whilst we''re giving RVW yet another chance (he has failed to set the World on fire whilst on loan) we deny the possibility of either a youngster getting a sniff of the first team squad or of us signing a lower league ''gem'' that might make a scoring impact next season.

It is a place in the squad after all and I would prefer others to be in the reckoning, whoever they might be.

Our marquee signing this Summer needs to be a striker, with a.n. other from somewhere or other as well. The thought of Ricki lining up for the yellows next season fills me with the kind of despondency that thoughts of Championship mediocrity do.