Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

OT - Death of Jo Cox MP

A tragedy that just makes you wonder about the society we live in when lunatics are free to roam the streets and carry out acts like this .We are so critical of what goes on in other countries and then this happens in our own backyard.

Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends- especially to her husband and children.

God bless

[quote user="TIL 1010"]A tragedy that just makes you wonder about the society we live in when lunatics are free to roam the streets and carry out acts like this .We are so critical of what goes on in other countries and then this happens in our own backyard.[/quote]

What do you suggest the TIL. Unfortunately a free country comes with a few outlying problem cases like the guy that shot this poor woman.

We question America about their gun laws but it just shows nothing can be completely controlled. Utter disbelief this happened in our country

Just 5 miles away from where I live. Absolutely shocking situation. I have lots of friends who are in her constituency and personally knew her. Terrible

Absolutely shocking and horrible events. How can this happen to somebody just going about her daily business. Feel so sorry for her husband and children.

Absolutely shocking when a life means so little that someone can take it away in an instant, and no thought for the family left with a huge void that will never be filled. Needs to be an eye for an eye ?

Utterly heartbreaking. What a world we live in.

It is an abomination, to put it incredibly mildy, that the EU & the establishment has seen fit to politicise this dear womans death [:@]

It is more of an abomination that someone would kill an MP in the street while shouting "put Britain first", but if you can find a way to score points out of this tragedy then good for you.

Fundraising page in her memory here:

https://www.gofundme.com/jocox

Can''t do clicky links as I use a modern browser.

[quote user="Jools"]It is an abomination, to put it incredibly mildy, that the EU & the establishment has seen fit to politicise this dear womans death [:@][/quote]I have no idea who "the establsihment " are, but while it is not certainly not yet clear that this murder was specifically linked to the Brexit debate it is seems highly likely, from all the evidence so far, that it was a political murder of a left-wing politician, probably motivated by far-right, white supremacist views. Whatever is being now said is hardly politicising the murder, since the act itself was almost certainly entirely political. As such it is quite fair to view it in political terms, just as, for example, political capital was made of the murders by the IRA of Tory politicians. Or the murder of Martin Luther King, or any number of other such crimes.

Mind you, if you look at the Daily Mail today the killer was merely mentally ill.

First law of British media:

Muslim kills someone = muslim extremist

White person kills someone = lone wolf with mental issues

Unfortunately Purple is right, it was a senseless murder by a disturbed individual who has far right beliefs. It will be politicised, perhaps not by the Remain campaign leaders but certainly a number of their supporters and social media commentators. Had someone from the Leave camp been killed I guarantee the Leave campaign would do the same and probably more vociferously.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Unfortunately Purple is right, it was a senseless murder by a disturbed individual who has far right beliefs. It will be politicised, perhaps not by the Remain campaign leaders but certainly a number of their supporters and social media commentators. Had someone from the Leave camp been killed I guarantee the Leave campaign would do the same and probably more vociferously.[/quote]Ron, this may seem like semantics, but it isn''t. I see the word "senseless" is being used by the Daily Mail and perhaps others to explain away this crime, with "senseless" implying "motiveless", and by doing so trying to take politics out of it. Without being sure (I stress that) it seems probable this crime was far from motiveless. There was a motive behind it, and so a sense to in the (presumed) killer''s head. That the presumed killer may have been mentally unbalanced doesn''t make the crime any less political. A political motive is still a political motive even if it is created by madness.

Purple, agreed, poor choice of words perhaps. Politics unfortunately was the main reason for his actions, obviously. I certainly wouldn''t align my thoughts with those of that paper, I had read their report earlier and noticed the reluctance of their journalist to bring up the political aspect. How anybody reads that paper is beyond me.

The app is free Ron and they stalk fit celebs and z listers on holiday and post 53 intrusive bikini shots to back up the story! that''s my reason for reading it,

And I read it every day, funny how all these holier than thou people never read the disgusting rag but seem to know pretty much what''s in it every day 😊

My dad buys it so I give it a quick scan. The vast majority of it boils my blood. It sort of explains your stupid comments on Croatia though if you are a regular reader.Let''s be honest it''s a rag that highlights all of the worst aspects of the country. It stokes up anger and hate and then wonders why people do hateful and angry things. It plays the self righteous, moralistic guardian of British values and on the next page will post pervy images of 16 year old girls with the headline ''all grown up''.Read the following Twitter accounts. Funny, scary and depressing.https://twitter.com/DMReporterhttps://twitter.com/BestoftheMailhttps://twitter.com/pointlesslettrs

Sparticus, every morning I scan the newspaper front pages on Sky or BBC online, so I certainly know what''s on their front page most days. As to being holier than thou, not me, just find of all the tabloids the Mail is the worst.

[quote user="im spartacus"]If it makes your blood boil so much Herman why even give it a quick scan?

Or do you get off on being offended on other peoples behalf like a lot of people nowadays ?[/quote]To see what people like you are thinking. Nothing much offends me Spartacus. Although the level of hatred, anger and stupidity does worry me.