Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

You're going nowhere - Neil tells Tettey

It seems that Alex Neil has a pretty clear of idea of what he wants for the new season and has made his expectations clear.I''m sure that we will lose people but only those for whom we will get a very good fee that can be reinvested.

Let''s hope that the same resolve is applied to Olsson should the need rise.

With Ruddy, Pinto, Klose, A.N. Other and Olsson, backed up by Martin, Whittaker and Toffolo and protected by Tettey and Mulumbu (?) we would seem to have a potentially very strong defensive line-up ready for next season.

Let''s hope this remains intact in the coming weeks.

So if he''s done this with Tettey why not the likes of Klose and Brady ? Seems to me anybody with a value is free to go anybody not worth much your staying put .

What''s to say he hasn''t CanaryOne? However this is a different situation.

The main difference was that Tettey was out of contract this summer but the club have activated a clause in his contract to extend it by a year. I''d imagine if we don''t get promoted next summer Alex Tettey could well leave us.

Re the likes of Redmond and Brady, he may fee l, particularly with the former (contractual reasons) that accepting an offer may be worth it. They would both command big fees and he may feel that this could be recycled to address the areas for concern - another striker (or two?) most obviously.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]So if he''s done this with Tettey why not the likes of Klose and Brady ? Seems to me anybody with a value is free to go anybody not worth much your staying put .[/quote]

We don''t know about Klose, there has been comments that he''s going to stay. As for Brady and Redmond I think they are probably slightly easier to replace than Tettey. Now I''m not suggesting Tettey is a better player but I do think players in his position are harder to find.

AN had meetings with players and staff the thursday after we knew we were going down

to discuss players who wanted to go / who he wanted to move on

klose said he wanted to stay !

now things can change very quickly in football but he is happy to stay so unless we want to sell him he will be here next season

can not rule out say a 15 million bid etc of course the club would look at that but otherwise he will be here

This is great and hopefully Tettey will buy into this season, been a solid player for us.

As for Redders and Brady maybe Olsson or Klose these are players who will bring in a lot of money so can see at least three of them go if not all four, that should generate over 30 million in transfers.

Hopefully AN will get 5-10 million to build on in the summer.

If we did then it would be very short-sighted considering the extent to which our chances of success next season would be reduced considerably and the riches that would follow such success.

Redmond, it would seem, is destined to leave. The one year that we still have him under contract gives us some bargaining strength.

Brady, for some reason, seems likely, although not certain. He has a longish contract.

Klose, it is said, wants to stay and there has been nothing reported with regards to Olsson''s fate, although I seem to remember that there was speculation surrounding him two years ago, and he is still with us.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Indy, are you suggesting that if we sell arguably our 4 best players for a return of 20-30mil and then reinvest a half/third of that money into our starting 11 you would be satisfied?[/quote]

Not at all, just being realistic, our finances are such that we won''t spend all that comes in from player sales.

My gut feeling I''d that there is already budgets set and players already earmarked to be sold, Whitts being offered a new contract just confirms to me that the core of the side is here and there may be three or four new signings.

Not saying I''m happy but realistic, just can''t see the club spending too much and risking anything.

Hope that you are wrong Indy.

Failing definite information to the contrary I am slightly reluctant to decry our finances at this moment in time. Perhaps I would be if we do not succeed this season and gradually become a Championship outfit.

We have previously been told that there is ''some'' money in the bank and Alex Neil has said that he does not ''have'' to sell any player.

We get £36m in parachutes this season.

Season ticket sales will again be high.

Carrow Road will likely be near to full for most of next season, with other sales high as usual.

We are acquiring new (and improved?) sponsor ships.

Against that we will likely have one of the highest wages bills in the Championship next season.

The probably sale of Redmond should (IMO) net us more than £10m.

There seems no real need for the ''fire sale'' scenario you suggest, and we should be in a position to make one or even two sizeable splashes into the transfer market to improve the attack and strengthen the defence.

Half full my friend, half full.

AN ( who i do not rate ) would really prove his worth and his progress of being a manager that everyone hopes he will become

IF he sold or released the deadwood and replaced them with upcoming progressive players and built a team

selling redmond for 10 million and bring in some real gems from foreign teams worldwide after all our head of recruitment has been mainly scouting foreign overseas players for the last five years !

[quote user=" Badger"]It seems that Alex Neil has a pretty clear of idea of what he wants for the new season and has made his expectations clear.I''m sure that we will lose people but only those for whom we will get a very good fee that can be reinvested.[/quote]

The theory is fine, but fans are going to be disappointed as very little is going to be reinvested. It''s going to be a case of Neill making the best of what he''s got. Forget about ''big'' signings - there won''t be any.

All the money from player sales should go back into the squad, we do presumably want to build a squad this season that can gain promotion and continue to develop and improve in the PL....surely?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What will happen to the money if its not re-invested in the squad?[/quote]It will end up in someone''s wallet or maybe the dolls house needs a refurb ? [:D]

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 19/06/2016 6:50 PM:

What will happen to the money if its not re-invested in the squad?

Good question, I like the cut of your jib Nigel.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Hope that you are wrong Indy.

Failing definite information to the contrary I am slightly reluctant to decry our finances at this moment in time. Perhaps I would be if we do not succeed this season and gradually become a Championship outfit.

We have previously been told that there is ''some'' money in the bank and Alex Neil has said that he does not ''have'' to sell any player.

We get £36m in parachutes this season.

Season ticket sales will again be high.

Carrow Road will likely be near to full for most of next season, with other sales high as usual.

We are acquiring new (and improved?) sponsor ships.

Against that we will likely have one of the highest wages bills in the Championship next season.

The probably sale of Redmond should (IMO) net us more than £10m.

There seems no real need for the ''fire sale'' scenario you suggest, and we should be in a position to make one or even two sizeable splashes into the transfer market to improve the attack and strengthen the defence.

Half full my friend, half full.[/quote]

A logical conclusion, but I really don''t think this will be the case.

Norwich overspent last year and more than many thought. The main reason why McNally isn''t here because by not staying up, the gamble - which needn''t have been - has failed.

Therefore there won''t be the money to spend, so money in and very little out. That is the reality from my sources and as Charlie Wyatt said, wages and bonuses were very high.

A previous poster stated what will happen if the club doesn''t reinvest? That is a very interesting question. I wouldn''t be surprised if AN will walk if the budget is satisfactory to get promotion, because even though he is unlikely to get a better position, I do not believe that he will stay with a ''make do and mend stance'' from the board. That may surprise some, but I believe he is a man with integrity whatever else.

I cannot see promotion happening under any circumstances this season, bar some substantial cash injection which is highly unlikely to happen.

We''re doomed, it''s all gone wrong again and we may be skint. What a waste😄 But nobody is to blame, always remember that. 😉

Let''s accept that Redmond and Brady both leave which should bring in around £25 million so unless the well documented club mantra of '' every penny generated will go to the player budget '' i am struggling to think why promotion will not be happening under any circumstances Komakino. Spent wisely by Neil on 4or5 players and surely any holes in our finances which you are suggesting we have will be covered by the parachute payments?

That''s more like it Tilly, what comes in from player sales must surely be invested in the squad.