Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Archant - please fix the qoute problem

Threads are becoming increasingly difficult to follow as too many posters are not able to properly quote fellow posters in replies. We might just be a bit stupid but I can not fix it. Can you perhaps provide some free advise? Would really simplify things. Thank you.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Threads are becoming increasingly difficult to follow as too many posters are not able to properly quote fellow posters in replies. We might just be a bit stupid but I can not fix it. Can you perhaps provide some free advise? Would really simplify things. Thank you.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3311275/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Threads are becoming increasingly difficult to follow as too many posters are not able to properly quote fellow posters in replies. We might just be a bit stupid but I can not fix it. Can you perhaps provide some free advise? Would really simplify things. Thank you.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3311275/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

not a lot of help to me, I use firefox and it says do nothing, most of my quotes end up in a mess

The idea that in 2016 we have to run an emulator on a media company''s message board just to use basic functions like "quote" is woeful.

Archant''s in crisis.

Quote on a message board, you couldn''t quote on a message board. Quote on a message board....

I too use Firefox for this site, because of the difficulties I had with Chrome. It has worked fine until recently, but for some reason I have started getting all the formatting information when quoting.

I swear it''s been another anniversary since Pete said we were getting a new forums!

[quote user=" Badger"]I too use Firefox for this site, because of the difficulties I had with Chrome. It has worked fine until recently, but for some reason I have started getting all the formatting information when quoting. [/quote]
I wonder if there haws been a recent update to Firefox that has broken it.

Yes Chip20, I wondered the same but I am not tech-savvy enough to know what to do about it. Every time I try something it results in a messed up post.

I use Chrome and the advice on Morty''s link re the ''spoofing'' add-on is excellent. It worked for me. 

[quote user="paul moy"]I use Chrome and the advice on Morty''s link re the ''spoofing'' add-on is excellent. It worked for me. [/quote]
Has it worked for me?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user=" Badger"]I too use Firefox for this site, because of the difficulties I had with Chrome. It has worked fine until recently, but for some reason I have started getting all the formatting information when quoting. [/quote]
I wonder if there haws been a recent update to Firefox that has broken it.
[/quote]
And there still hasn''t been an edit button implemented to enable me to fix the typo that seems to be a mandatory requirement of all my posts!

[quote user="Chip20"]And there still hasn''t been an edit button implemented to enable me to fix the typo that seems to be a mandatory requirement of all my posts![/quote]Just use the ''preview'' button before you post. Does exactly the same thing.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Just use the ''preview'' button before you post.[/quote]Test (with latest Firefox).