Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Additional central defender.

Let me be the first with suggestions for this gap in our squad.

Sheffield Wednesday are reportedly interested in Grant Hanley from Blackburn.

Fee - c. £5m

The Owls, with a rich owner, seem likely to make an impression this coming season and are already making moves in the market.

A Scottish international defender Hanley is probably the better half of the two central defenders (sorry Russ,) and I think he would fit nicely into our team alongside Klose.

I hope that we are actively looking at such prospective signings, if not him.

Assuming of course that we lose either Bennett or Bassong or both as seems to be the general consensus on here.

Let me be the first with suggestions for this gap in our squad.

Sheffield Wednesday are reportedly interested in Grant Hanley from Blackburn.

Fee - c. £5m

The Owls, with a rich owner, seem likely to make an impression this coming season and are already making moves in the market.

A Scottish international defender Hanley is probably the better half of the two central defenders (sorry Russ,) and I think he would fit nicely into our team alongside Klose.

I hope that we are actively looking at such prospective signings, if not him

Blimey that''s well overpriced surely?

I know the Market is over inflated but surely we can get a good CB For approx 3M, We won''t buy until Redmond goes which I hope will be v v soon as clearly have either a small pot or have to sell to buy.

How about Mariappa, Wilson (Stoke) or Turner (Cardiff)

all free all possibly good enough

Perhaps you are correct about the valuation, but he''s only twenty four, has over twenty caps for the full Scotland team and has built up a strong reputation at Championship level.

A very reasonable suggestion, a player that I think would complement Klose too.I really hope we do manage to find Klose a strong partner, one that he can form a Premier League class partnership with.  To be honest I wouldn''t mind the club ask Timm Klose for a suggestion here, bring in somebody that he knows or has played with before.If Martin/Bennett or Martin/Bassong can be the backup next season then I''ll be the happiest man in Norfolk.

That would be the dream scenario but I doubt we''d find any takers for Seb. Unless he maybe fancied a move out to the US, middle east or China? He''s an okay Champs defender so it wouldn''t bother me too much if he sticks around tbh, just hope he isn''t a starter.

This position is a bit enigmatic at the moment.

Many, including myself, would wish Martin to be no more than a useful back-up from now on.

Bennett has reportedly interested ''Boro and I would be happy for a million or two from that.

Bassong, ditto Martin. But he is the most enigmatic of all and could well be supreme once again at Championship level. Settle for a million or two though.

I cannot understand the Turner situation. Not as critical of him as most seem to be, it remains a fact that AN was instantly unimpressed and shipped him out quickly.

He played just eleven games for Wednesday and now that club are interested in Hanley. Meanwhile we give the player an extension of his contract. Totally puzzling.

Striker situation = clear cut. We need two more decent signings and it should be our biggest outlay for one of them.

Attacking midfield is fine. Hoolahan''s stock seems to be rising rather than falling, Naismith and Howson look like remaining and we have Madison and the Murphys to see.

Defensive midfield. Well we now have Tettey it seems, whilst Mulumbu could finally justify his signing and Dorrans might well fit into this category at the Chumps level..

Leaving a need of two strikers, one central defender and a wide man (winger. to replace Redmond.)

That seems all to me.

BroadstairsR wrote: "I cannot understand the Turner situation. Not as critical of him as most seem to be, it remains a fact that AN was instantly unimpressed and shipped him out quickly. He played just eleven games for Wednesday and now that club are interested in Hanley. Meanwhile we give the player an extension of his contract. Totally puzzling. "
Repeat after me 200 times:
"Wes Hoolahan, Alex Tettey and Michael Turner will stay at Norwich until 2017 after one-year options were triggered by Premier League promotion in 2015."

"Repeat after me 200 times:

"Wes Hoolahan, Alex Tettey and Michael Turner will stay at Norwich until 2017 after one-year options were triggered by Premier League promotion in 2015."

Can you please concentrate upon being a little less rude and a little more informative with your assertions.

Besides what you stated contradicts the previous information, from the Pink News page that:

The following players have had one-year options triggered, so are now contracted to the Club until June 2017:

Jamie Eaton-Collins

Wes Hoolahan

Ben Killip

Alexander Tettey

Michael Turner

Which seems to have nothing to do with the 2015 promotion and suggests this was done recently.

Please enlighten me about this discrepancy of information, once will do.

Sorry link:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-contracts-3139779.aspx#csC5BDXtVPkEU4qT.99

We wait again in this close season with great expectation. For the last two years almost everyone except the vital officials at Norwich City realised the weakness was in the striker and Centre Back positions. Until Timm K arrived nothing was done and then misfortune took a hand. Now we hear if the rumour is correct our first signing will be a central midfielder. Heaven help us.

would be great to keep klose as a priority but not far behind is signing a new starting partner for him, one who may actually have a chance of defending in the prem should the season go as well as we hope.

I would be quite saddened to see any of martin, bassong or bennett as a first choice starting cb; without a doubt all very capable in the champs but all proven to be inadequate at the top level. Bring in some one who can improve and keep two of the hapless three as cover.

Crikey is he only 24? Feels like he''s been around for years. I''d prefer Dunk from Brighton or Lees from Sheffield Wednesday but Hanley might be a good option.

Our CBs were clearly weak last year before the Prem campaign.  If we can keep Klose, with Bennett, Bassong, Martin, that''s a very strong set of 4 CBs for the Championship IMO.

Yes it would be nice to strengthen this area but it''s down at the bottom end of our priorities as far as I''m concerned.  Striker is MUCH more important.

If Klose is sold that''s a bit different.

I know a lot of posters want to change because we looked weak last year in the Prem - but so what, we''re not in the Prem any more.  If we can sign a Prem quality CB I''ll be delighted - as long as we''ve strengthened up front too !

Go all out for Lewis dunk I say. With Redmond going for £11 million. We can afford to offer £7 million for dunk that should do it. Then a 20 goal striker will do it

I thought the Albanian Ajeti ( the bald one) looked like a very promising centre back and leader. Only 22 and played through all the youth levels with Switzerland.At Frosinone who play in Serie B