Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Ryan Jarvis - statistics

According to the Pink Un, Ryan Jarvis has only made 5 starts since his debut 2 1/2 years ago, and has only completed 3 full games, 2 of which were in the Carling Cup.

I have to say that I am somewhat surprised considering that this is a player who is consistently picked by England and to whom many fans would see as part of the future of the Club.

As for Worthington, he says, "You can''t be a promising youngster forever"

FFS, Worthington, YOU pick the team, YOU give or deny players their opportunities.

I truly hope that Jarvis gets picked on Saturday and that he plays a stormer, or he will join the ever increasing ranks of "promising" players who don''t make it under the current regime.

Before you go on to crucify Worthington for not playing Jarvis from the start bear in mind that the lad has just come back from injury so I doubt some sort of bizarre "never give young lads a chance" conspiracy.   

Look at Worthington''s quote about Jarvis - "You can''t be a promising youngster forever".

So, how would you suggest this situation is changed?

Factually, in 2 1/2 years, Jarvis has only made 5 starts, and has only completed 3 full games, 2 of which were in the Carling Cup.

Are you suggesting he was injured for all that period of time?

No...the point is that Worthington contradicts his own statement with his own actions.