Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Gunn Club

I was very fortunate to receive Gunn Club membership from my family for Father''s Day.

I don''t know to much about it though.

Is anyone a member? What''s it like?

What are the opening hours on match day?

Thanks Paul

Im not a member but have been in a couple of times, think it''s open about 12:30 ish

They have several big screens who show live games on Sky/BT before the game, they come in 30 mins before the game and read out the team sheets. Theres a Grill restaurant area where you can book a table and have a 2 course meal or you can eat pie and chips and snacks from the snack bar.

After the game its open for a couple of hours and you get to watch the Man of the Match presentation.

A nice place to go and chat and enjoy drink/food - hope you enjoy your pressie

Membership of the Gunn Club is particularly useful if, for some reason or another, you need to get to the ground very early and want somewhere to wait in comfort.

I seem to remember that membership was going to be limited to avoid overcrowding. For the last two seasons it has been noticeable that this has not happened to the extent that it has been difficult to find a seat when arriving nearer to kick-off time.

It would be interesting to know exactly what is the Club''s official policy and how close they are to maximum membership as membership is not cheap.

All Gunn Club prices have been Reduced to £125 so if you have paid more than this amount you should get a refund.The problem with the Gunn Club is that after the game it seems anybody can get in from other parts of the ground which makes it hard for Members to get a seat i have tried to find out why this is but cant.

[quote user="Allways Look On The Bright Side"]All Gunn Club prices have been Reduced to £125 so if you have paid more than this amount you should get a refund.The problem with the Gunn Club is that after the game it seems anybody can get in from other parts of the ground which makes it hard for Members to get a seat i have tried to find out why this is but cant.[/quote]

A few years ago I was given seats in the Top of the Terrace for a birthday present. I think it was our last game in League 1 against Carlisle. We were allowed into the Gunn Club after the game, subject to capacity, but not before. If they still do that it might help to answer your question.

Always point your weapon down and wear ear protectors?