Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Released players

Here''s the list of released players from Premiership clubs: Would you take a punt on any of them for Norwich:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10310054/premier-league-players-released-or-retained-by-their-clubs

Nick Powell from Man Utd doesn''t seem like a bad option having played at every England level apart from the first team and also has experience in the lower leagues/Championship and at a decent age of 22. However our midfield is arguably our most strongest area. Sessegnon on his day can produce a bit of magic, perhaps in the Championship he could do well but his lack of consistency seems to have hampered his career somewhat in the PL abd at the age of 32 time isn''t on his side. Stephen Fletcher has been missing the last couple of seasons, but again could maybe do a decent job in the Championship. There aren''t any players on that list though which I would get really excited about if we signed, but there are also a few where I wouldn''t be too disappointed.

Distin would be an awesome freebie. Don''t care how old he is.

Would also welcome Adeybayor, Osman, and Sessegnon

Amazed that Arsenal have released Arteta, Falminni and Rosicky.

ramirez, fletcher, even pienar could do a job but more than likely wont accept single season contracts, and im not sure if theyd be worth risking/paying for any longer than that.powell needs a long run in any team, you dont just lose the potential hed shown and hes only 22. might be worth a punt

I''d like Pienaar here, especially if Redmond goes, and Powell.

Also think Distin would be great here. Very solid defender, even at his age, but we''ll likely want younger

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Distin would be an awesome freebie. Don''t care how old he is.

Would also welcome Adeybayor, Osman, and Sessegnon

Amazed that Arsenal have released Arteta, Falminni and Rosicky.[/quote]

Lol.

i would have a look at any man utd ,man city ,arsenal ,tottenham , chelsea under 21 they have released may find a gem maybe just not good enough for them

[quote user="Howie"]In noticed that Fulham have released Dan Burn - i thought he looked like a decent young centreback a few years ago - is he rubbish now? or worth a look at?[/quote]Blimey – he must have gone downhill in a hurry. Looked outstanding a couple of years ago, colossal in the air. Yesil would also be worth a look if he wants to stay in England. Sessegnon/Adebayor are overpaid mercenaries, and Pienaar plays in positions we already have a lot of cover for. Leon Osman would be a natural replacement (and upgrade IMO) for Gary O''Neil – doesn''t matter if he''s 35, give him a year with an option for a second and he will lead by example.

My brother in law is a Fulham fan and still rates Dan Burn. I think he chose to not renew his contract. Could be worth a look but he is slow as anything and Fulham were terrible defensively.

Leon Osman and Gary O''Neil are really not similar players thought- not sure how anyone got that idea.