Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Robbie Brady

[quote user="GJP"]He wouldn''t be the first player to have a bright start at a new club before letting things slip ;-)

I wouldn''t fancy us to sign a better player but I don''t think he''s that special either.[/quote]
Haha no, of course not. But he''s had a relatively good Euro''s so far and looked a bit better in our latter couple of games last season.
I don''t think he''s the difference between promotion and relegation and if given the choice i''d rather keep Redmond over him personally, however I do think if we''re going to sell it''s got to be for a fee > £12 million.

He wouldn''t be the first player to have a bright start at a new club before letting things slip ;-)

after he had been with fat frankie and gary holt they soon coached the good start out of him he then went missing

then at the end he was nowhere

funny that no player improves after he arrives with our coaching set up

then brady is unleashed by a experienced manager in O''neil and we see a improvement Strange that !!

[quote user="Well I Never"]Funny ''cos I didn''t think he was that good yesterday, a lot of his long balls were overhit. The goal flattered to deceive imho.[/quote] Agree. And the plaudits for the goal are chiefly Wes''s.

hogesar wrote: I don''t think he''s the difference between promotion and relegation and if given the choice i''d rather keep Redmond over him personally, however I do think if we''re going to sell it''s got to be for a fee > £12 million.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yes totally agree hogesar. Not saying we should sell him but if we can only retain one.

Not really a winger. Played well at left back. Some of our more astute posters suggested that he should play central midfield a third into last season - probably his best position now we have Olsson back to his best at leftback. His set pieces seldom result in goals - unlike Snodgrass or Pilkington or Fox for that matter. Thrilled for him and the Irish, but they (the Irish) weren''t going anywhere until they brought on Hoolahan. So Brady - very physical & committed which we like to see, but not enough end product. 

As others have already said, he didn''t exactly show much in our fight for survival in the final few weeks, neither did Redmond until far too late. They''re both over rated by opposition teams and fans as they don''t see or notice their poor days, selling these two is how we should fund our transfers. We paid about 10 million for them both, we''re probably about to double that. Good times.

Klose transformed our defence, Pinto worked his socks off and will tear up this league with his pace and ability to beat a man, Howson was consistently good once played in the centre, with Jerome and Naismith while found wanting at the level above in terms of quality never hid and you never forgot they were playing. Need to keep these lot for the hard slog of the Championship!

New cb, a young replacement for O''Neil and two strikers and we''re pretty much set.

I''m not sure about whether to sign a winger to replace Redmond/Brady though. In this league I''d be looking at playing Wes and Naismith with 3 cm''s supporting

"New cb, a young replacement for O''Neil and two strikers and we''re pretty much set."

Agreed.

"I''m not sure about whether to sign a winger to replace Redmond/Brady though. In this league I''d be looking at playing Wes and Naismith with 3 cm''s support."

Depends upon the progress of the Murphys and the ability of Jarvis to justify his fee at a lower level.

just scored a penalty against france

mixing it with the big boys in the euro''s

got to be a 20 mil price tag now on his head !

Brady has to be worth more than Redmond. More consistent, played at a higher level, more versatile and is on a longer contract.

I wouldn''t see him as the better player. I think Redmond has a better touch, better at linking play and has greater awareness of his team mates. Less prone to giving the ball away cheaply too.

As for the international thing, Brady wouldn''t get a game for England.

[quote user="GJP"]I wouldn''t see him as the better player. I think Redmond has a better touch, better at linking play and has greater awareness of his team mates. Less prone to giving the ball away cheaply too.

As for the international thing, Brady wouldn''t get a game for England.[/quote]

Neither would Redmond, currently.

Imo Brady has the better delivery and can defend better, Redmond can often be abit of a passenger when the opponent has worked him out. I dont go for the awareness thing either although Redmond has improved, his decision making is still often well off. Dont get me wrong i like Redmond and he has huge potential but at this current moment Brady is the better player and only 2 years older, he is also on a longer contract where we hold more of the cards. I would hope for a better fee, not hugely more but still more.

Brady can defend better. Having said that he was lazy in that aspect towards the end of the season. Not that you''re likely to see Redmond get stuck in.

But I would still say Redmond has a better football brain and his use of the ball and retention of it is superior.

Agree about Brady''s contract. We should be a in stronger position. But his performances leading up to relegation had the look of a player who wasn''t going to die for the cause.

GJP wrote;

Agree about Brady''s contract. We should be a in stronger position. But his performances leading up to relegation had the look of a player who wasn''t going to die for the cause.

Maybe he had one eye on the euro''s, i think the younger irish guy''s were very excited by the prospect of playing in a major tournament, and weren''t going to risk injury ? just maybe thats why he was not the same player... not that excuses anything if the case.