Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Robbie Brady

Unfortunately he will be off he has had a taste of the highest level and will want to be playing at the top.

That said his stock is rising, we need a minimum £12m if not near £15m given age and versatility

Yes his stock has just risen. £15 m I reckon. Beauty is we can call the shots so happy days. Great to see the NCFC boys pull it off. Wouldn''t be against a sneaky bid for Hendrick either

Well done to him tonight. And a goal routine off the Norwich training ground no doubt. He is one player who took any credit out of last season. If he goes then we should at least make a tidy profit for his sale to reinvest.

i think he looked better in CM playmaking box to box passion and desire driving forward

midfielders like that cost more than 15 million

This is when the club should play hard ball. Brady''s agent should be informed that the starting point for bids is £15 million and anything less than that will not even get a rejection but would be ignored as derisive. If bids of £15 million plus are not received he will not be going anywhere.

I''m not sure though that he looked a £15m player over the course of the Prem season.

I''m pretty sure those at the club will get as much as they can for Brady, should he be leaving - the idea that they''d do otherwise is ridiculous - but I''m equally sure that whatever figure is mentioned it will not be enough for some.

Sod talking about selling our best players. We should be doing what we can to keep hold of them. We get them to give us one season to get us back up like last time and if we are still down, then they get to go for a fair price and we start using our youth players and properly rebuilding.

We can afford to keep them a year and this is the best chance we will have to get promoted while the likes of Brady and klose are still with us. Redmond is a different case due to his contract and he''s already given us a year at this level but £12m+ for him is more than enough money from sales we need.

I''m not sure though that he looked a £15m player over the course of the Prem season.

No because our manager thought i will play him left back !

Incredible that people rush to attach so much significance to RB''s performance in this particular game. Has he somehow now cast off his earlier footballing self and become a different player from the one that Hull and City fans know so well? I mean the one that blows hot and cold, is full of passion part of the time and appears disinterested the rest, has games when he seems all over the pitch and others when you wouldn''t know he was playing, can put in a wicked cross one day and can''t lift the ball over the first defender the next? No question he''s one of our most saleable players, which is why he''ll probably have to go, but it''s ludicrous to think a stream of Premier League clubs are going to be clamouring for his signature. Villa''s reported interest in him seems entirely plausible to me, or maybe a return to Hull or another of next season''s relegation favourites in the EPL. 

Well he certainly played left back in the earlier games!

Really proud of them both and all our players at the tournament.

The moaning about Alex Neil on this thread and the moaning about the quality of our squad on others is ridiculous. I can never remember us having so many players at a tournament. And performing well. I can never remember us having so many international players. The idea that our club doesn''t progress is shown up by the continual improvement in quality over the last 5/6 years.

LDC

I don''t think we will quite see that same passion somehow. Scoring a goal so late in a game against Italy to send your side through to the knock out stages of the euros, a goal that will be shown over and over in Irish footballing history and one that will have him go down in folklore whilst doing it in front of such a passionate crowd and ya Mrs and brother.

Not quite the same as playing out of position on a wet Wednesday night away to Rotherham in November.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well he certainly played left back in the earlier games!

Really proud of them both and all our players at the tournament.

The moaning about Alex Neil on this thread and the moaning about the quality of our squad on others is ridiculous. I can never remember us having so many players at a tournament. And performing well. I can never remember us having so many international players. The idea that our club doesn''t progress is shown up by the continual improvement in quality over the last 5/6 years.[/quote]Nigel - Brady & Hoolahan are naturally going to be more passionate about playing for their country on the big stage than playing for NCFC week in week out - the question as to whether O''Neil is a better manager than Neil comes into the equation matters not a jot.Am I correct?

Well o''neill should obviously be more passionate managing them on a big stage rather than Alex Neil is managing us week in week out....

But is he?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well o''neill should obviously be more passionate managing them on a big stage rather than Alex Neil is managing us week in week out....

But is he?[/quote]Your guess is as good as mine, nigel [{]

When he plays at left back he has that space to run into.

On the wing he''s not particularly good at taking on the fullback.

Redmond gets hammered for not running at people but Brady isn''t great at it.

i agree with this Nigel .........

I can never remember us having so many players at a tournament. And performing well. I can never remember us having so many international players. The idea that our club doesn''t progress is shown up by the continual improvement in quality over the last 5/6 years.

so why didnt AN get the best out of them last season

[quote user="Move Klose"]LDC I don''t think we will quite see that same passion somehow. Scoring a goal so late in a game against Italy to send your side through to the knock out stages of the euros, a goal that will be shown over and over in Irish footballing history and one that will have him go down in folklore whilst doing it in front of such a passionate crowd and ya Mrs and brother. Not quite the same as playing out of position on a wet Wednesday night away to Rotherham in November.[/quote]

Good job we play at Rotherham on a Saturday afternoon in January then.

"so why didnt AN get the best out of them last season?"

We know why, hokey cokey football selection ie "In out, in out shake it all about." which always came over as inexperienced panic measures rather than tactical nous.

There was a solid team of regular players in that squad with whom we could have survived. AN never found it ... right to the abject ''non-fight for survival'' ending.

Ten games say I.

If he feels there is a genuine commitment from the club to get straight back up then he may stay, but as things stand its it''s pretty certain he will go IMO.

[quote user="GJP"]I''m not sure though that he looked a £15m player over the course of the Prem season.[/quote]
Not over the course but certainly during parts of the season, particularly early on, he looked a cut above the rest of our midfield.
I would be disappointed if we let him go for anything less than £12 million.

He wouldn''t be the first player to have a bright start at a new club before letting things slip ;-)

I wouldn''t fancy us to sign a better player but I don''t think he''s that special either.

My Jesus God my Buddha am I getting on a bit.

If anybody had suggested to me a few years back that we could pocket £15m by selling Robbie Brady then I would have collapsed in my beer.

Nowadays it''s commonplace.

Yes he looked more than useful at the start and seemed like a valuable addition to our PL squad. Yes he had a few very good moments.

Where was he in our fight for survival though? He seemed to drift into anonymity when it mattered.

Cash in.

He''s no Gerry Mannion that''s for sure.

He have class also no fear and set piece taker.

no way we to keep him in championship after this show last few games imo.

bless Hoolahan age kill interest of him -:)

I will be happy if we lost only Redmond and Brady for total 22m+

If we loose only Redmond would be big bonus .

Tettey,Olsson,Klose,Naismith we must keep...

other players think no way any top club to be

interested

"other players think no way any top club to be

interested"

You never know. ''Boro have reported interest in Ryan Bennett who we should sell. Not that he''s too bad more that he hasn''t really worked for us. Two to three million = lovely jubbly.

Howson might attract some of the PL new boys, but we would need to put a price on his head.

Howson not show any signs that is not happy and also NA rate him high so I not see silly money here otherwise no way he to move.

For Bennet you is right because interest +AN not rate him high +Turner 1 year extension ...but I don''t think Bennet is class player who will affect much our style.

AN declared we will be much attacking minded so we need badly one 20+goals prolific striker and also keep our aggressive full backs Olsson,Brady,Pinto 2 out of 3 .and Klose class must be around for sure.

Middf is good !