Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Holty

What is?

I''d imagine the recruitment process for a job with a remuneration package pushing seven figures would be thorough, extremely examining and completely exhaustive.

Unless you feel that there are other reasons?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]What is?

I''d imagine the recruitment process for a job with a remuneration package pushing seven figures would be thorough, extremely examining and completely exhaustive.

Unless you feel that there are other reasons?[/quote]A seven figure sum for the CEO of a Championship club ? I would think we would be hoping to trim that down a bit. McNally was at No.8 in the Premier League table of payments to CEO''s which raised a few eyebrows so to keep that level of payment up i think you will agree is a bit OTT.

Tilly, you''ll see that I wrote "remuneration package" not salary. If the new CE fulfils his brief and we reap the benefits then I''d have no problem with them achieving a seven figure sum.

Also, the McNally league table was based on his total remuneration inclusive of bonuses whereas others were basic salary figures. He was certainly well rewarded but there were clearly inaccuracies in that table as I seem to remember were discussed at the time.

[quote user="RustysRevenge"]Artistic licence from Tommo or did McNally really say Hughton had got more points than Lambert when he clearly hadn''t?[/quote]

Apologies it was finished higher league position - whilst McNally had the initial impact with lambert era and helped stabilise club financially it really was time to part with him. I agree no player is bigger than a club but Holty did not act unreasonably and throw his toys out of the pram for nothing - mcnallys conduct through the transfer request saga etc was poor and it pretty much left him with no other choice but to hand the request in. In his shoes I would have done exactly the same

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Are we looking for the best CEO available or the best CEO available with the right political opinions to fit in with the board?[/quote]The former I hope, but I wouldn''t put money on it.

I know I''ve had misgivings about using a particular management recruitment agency to find a new CEO. But at least we''re not going on one of Woy''s wecommendations this time.

I think it''s fair to say that we were in a different situation in 2009. But we''ve now had the benefit of hindsight, and I''d hence be a bit sceptical if Woy wecommended anyone in the future.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Tilly''s probably got a small privet plant for you following that answer 93v...[/quote]It''s such a shame that you ceased your bog cleaning duties Nutty as following my gifts of the NCISA Wooden Spoon and the privet plant the following year you were due to receive these......Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Prescription Sunglasses

I don''t need them Tilly. Mine are built in. Each of us has nearly 3 million working parts in our eyes and all mine to through a yellow and green filter.

A lot of you others have drawers in your sideboards cramned full of these cheap plastic specs in different colours. Red & white ones when you want to be Southampton and blue and white when Portsmouth are the wannabe of the day. The blue and white ones also came in handy for those who wished we had Marcus Evans and Roy Keane....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t need them Tilly. Mine are built in. Each of us has nearly 3 million working parts in our eyes and all mine to through a yellow and green filter.

A lot of you others have drawers in your sideboards cramned full of these cheap plastic specs in different colours. Red & white ones when you want to be Southampton and blue and white when Portsmouth are the wannabe of the day. The blue and white ones also came in handy for those who wished we had Marcus Evans and Roy Keane....[/quote]Not in my house they are not as i only want what is best for my club whilst '' a lot of you others'' are just grateful for whatever is put on the plate in front of you. Still that is only my opinion which is a concept some have difficulty dealing with. Is this the place i post one of these [:D] ?

I can''t post one of them from my phone so you''ll just have to pretend it''s there.

So aren''t the yellow and green ones for those who want the best for our club? It would take laser treatment to change mine....

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Tommo"]Very interesting as well that he almost never signed for us and lambert was interested in him at Colchester ! Gunn had told him board were too concerned about this ankle injury recurring problems to which Holty then spoke to delia and she ultimately made the call to complete the deal[/quote]
From ''Tales from the City''
"But the medical was the problem. I''d broken my toe and just had an ankle operation.........we had to hang around while people talked about my ankle and toe. On the third day, I was up at the Colney training ground and said to Bryan "I can''t sit in the Holiday Inn for another three days or hang around the training ground. Shrewsbury have started their pre-season and, I need to be training."
He said "There''s still an issue with the ankle. The club are not sure." I said, "Look. This has to be my last day in Norwich. I either go back to Shresbury and say I faile me medical or you get it done today".
So I think he spoke to Delia and Michael and they decided to go ahead despite whatever the medical had said. Delia told me later that her mum, Etty, had watched me in the play off-final on TV and wanted Norwich to sign me"

There are some subtle differences in the two accounts, it just goes to show how these transfers can be very tricky. Was it ''people'' or the ''board'' who were concerned about the ankle and did Holt speak to Delia or did Gunny talk to Delia (Grant saya he thinks Gunn did) and did she make the call?

[/quote]

Sounds more believable to me that it was a conversation between GH and Gunn making it clear it was then or never, followed by Gunn speaking to Delia/MWJ and them making the call (rather than GH speaking to Delia direct - not plausible).  And it''s all too believable that Delia''s mum had a key role... you''d hope we have moved on to something a bit more professional now.

If it''s all to believable that Etty had a key role then there''s hope for us all.

Do you want to buy some Bowthorpe spring water? It will give you eternal life....