Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Redmond

Massive thanks to the lad!

The fact that we behave like poundland is a separate issue of course.

I don''t know what people are expecting the club to do here. Redmond ahs refused the past 2 summers to sign a contract. In negotiation with McNally. We had bids last season and in our Champ season for him, yet turned them down. He was adamant he wanted to go, we has one year left on his deal.

Do we really want to keep a player intent on not wanting to be here? And to get £11m when the club is in this position is pretty decent IMO.

There is also a post about paying Brum £1.7m. We agreed 15% of any profit. As he cost £3.2m profit is £7.8m, therefore £1.17m to be paid to them......

If it''s true he had an 8million release clause, we did well to get the extra 3 million.

We wouldn''t have got back to the prem without him.

Many thanks and best of luck to the talented and sensible young man.

Thanks for everything Nathan, and all the best with your career. As for us, as long as the figure is reinvested in the squad I''ll be happy.

Great post as ever Willo.

Sorry to see him go but we knew it was happening. We were lucky to get him. Probably the only reason he chose us for this stage of his career was Chris Hughton. I wish him well and shall follow his career with great interest. Hope he plays for England.

Grossly overrated in my opinion. Only played for himself. Way too inconsistent. He may well develop at Southampton but I feel there''s more chance he''ll become another Scott Sinclair, Aaron Lennon type player.

Good luck to him. As others have said £11 million is decent money for a player that has potential but at the moment lacking end product at the top level

"It''s a Wembley Wonder from Nathan Redmond"

Will never forget this lad. I hope he enjoyed his time with us and Good Luck for the future.

Fee seems fine, but I''m surprised he moved to a managerless club. Hope the new appointment fancies him as he needs game time and better team mates to develop.

I hope Josh and Jacob make the step up as both have potential and can finish. I remember Josh scoring against Blackpool a couple of seasons back.

Good Luck Nathan, and come on you Murphys.

i dont think we had a 8 million buy out with redmond

the reason being southampton would have just bid 8 million that bid would have to been excepted and we would not be able to refuse it

there is no reason to bid over a buy out fee

so if everton stoke crystal palace southampton had bid 8 million they would have been able to talk to player as well as southampton who had bid 11 mil does not add up

I don''t think his departure will at all mean that the murphys start. Both are not players that are ready for a team that are looking at automatic promotion.

Nice squad players but for loans again. We need very good players who could make the step up in the prem.

If we fail to go up then as the guys mature they can be that player. But again this is the best chance to go up, we need to bring in players to compliment klose and

Howson.

[quote user="smooth"]I don''t think his departure will at all mean that the murphys start. Both are not players that are ready for a team that are looking at automatic promotion.[/quote]How many times did you see either of them in the flesh last season to draw that conclusion?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Unbelievable, or maybe not. Perhaps, the plan is to consolidate for the next decade in the chumps. Who next Brady, Olsson, Klose? But, great, we''ve Whittaker, Turner and Lafferty waiting in the wings so that''s okay. Burton have little to fear.[/quote]
Third time lucky you relatively pathetic individual slating the club from behind the keyboard but never having anywhere near the courage to put money where your mouth is.
This is the fourth or fifth time you''ve used the Turner signing extension (which was automatically triggered anyway) as a way of attacking our football club. This will be the third time i''ve offered you a chance to put money behind your earlier claims about Turner starting for us. Gonna give it a go this time fella?

i would imagine the one of the murphy''s will be redmonds replacement with javis

championship is the lowest league we want to be in and aiming higher to get back up

if they are not good enough now to get into our side there is no point loaning them out again at their age

also if i was them i would move to a team they can play each week for the good of my career

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]Strange attitudes apparent on here IMO- Redmond was easily the most talented player in our squad and was many times in recent seasons our ''go to'' player to get us a goal to keep us in or win us games. I, for one, will always appreciate him for the play off final goal. The guy obviously has ability (... how many times has he played ''blinders'' and had MotM performances for the England U21s? With (... can of worms time now... ) better coaching and guidance he will flourish and grow into a top player- he has more potential then Sterling that''s for sure.

As regards the way forward from this for NCFC, if possible we will need to reinvest for some form of replacement, I''m not sure the Murphys are the answer.[/quote]

Redmond is a wide player and wide players are always inconsistent. For us, he was often more of a liability tactically - I will never forget the way he watched Sigurdsson run past him with his hands on his hips. Has obvious talent but showed it very infrequently.

I think £11m is a very good deal for us - his reputation has stayed high despite his poor performances. He is 22 now and has only 7 or 8 years left at the top and he hasn''t developed at all here, so the move is best for both parties - plus he was on a high wage which is now released from 1st July. It will be interesting to see how many games he will start for Southampton and whether their new manager likes him. I wouldn''t be surprised to see him out on loan later in the season.

Much more crucially, his sale and the £15m we will get for Brady will enable us to keep Klose and Mbokani and they will be our two best signings this summer.

As for the Murphys, I think Josh is as good as Redmond now and will be much better for us. Jacob maybe a little behind, but I think their pre-season is critical for them this year - if they don''t get a shirt this season, I don''t think they ever will.[/quote]

How do you know we''ll get 15m for Brady? He''s older than Redmond and clearly will only be sold if he wants away therefore putting us in a need to sell position dictated by the player. Also Mbokani isn''t our player and we need a more hungry up and coming player.

We should have kept Nathan and let it go to tribunal. Potentially the extra points he could have got us could have seen us back in the Prem and the monetary rewards far outweigh that poultry transfer fee. Any other club would''ve got at least 15. Why are we so cheap?

Seattle, I''m lost, how can we keep a player and also be in a position to bargain top dollar when he is his last year of contract and demands a move away after relegation?

Surely by now you know how this works.......

We tried for 2 years to negotiate a new contract, he refused, therefore, we have to cash in now rather than lose next summer for nothing and play a season with a very unhappy player in our ranks, when team spirit and togetherness counts for a lot in the champs.

Can understand some frustrations with the club but appears you''re just looking for any old stick to beat the club with....

We wouldn''t be the first club to hold a player to his contract and I recall no recent notable instances of player unrest because of it.

I believe that we have had such problems with Bruce and Sherwood in the past, but I cannot see young Nathan Redmond being particularly ''rebellious'' in this respect.

Besides that his fee will be subject to tribunal at the end of the final year, so it might not be that bad a loss. Especially as his contribution in the yellow could well be vital next season.

The Club has a right to do what is in his best interests.

Having said that it is probably in the Club''s best interests, overall to pocket some £10m for the player now as apparently some income is needed to strengthen, we have youngsters lining up for a chance and there remains a possibility that Redmond will not be able to rise to the occasion again.

On balance the equation is Redmond remaining and giving us a better chance of a quick return against the money we get being used to provide new players who can achieve the same, or better.

Overall it is the latter for me, though neither is without risk.

This has all been discussed before though and it seems a deal has been struck in any case. Let''s hope NR thrives and AN uses the money well.

[quote user="willo"]Seattle, I''m lost, how can we keep a player and also be in a position to bargain top dollar when he is his last year of contract and demands a move away after relegation?

Surely by now you know how this works.......

We tried for 2 years to negotiate a new contract, he refused, therefore, we have to cash in now rather than lose next summer for nothing and play a season with a very unhappy player in our ranks, when team spirit and togetherness counts for a lot in the champs.

Can understand some frustrations with the club but appears you''re just looking for any old stick to beat the club with....[/quote]

He''s under 24 and therefore we get a tribunal fee, not nothing. Burnley got £8m for Ings off of Liverpool. Even if we only got 5-6m at a tribunal I''d argue the 5-6m we''d lose by keeping him an additional season and making him see out his contract would be worth every penny. He''d arguably be one of the best players in the division. I think it''s short sighted.

We are talking about a player who doesn''t even start every week, he''s inconsistent even for a winger, when off his game we might aswell have been playing with 10men. 11m and a sell on is good money, especially when Southampton have a great track record in young player development. He''s a good player and will be missed but he was also blocking the Murphy''s progress in the club, and to have that next season and him to be unhappy at being made to stay would have been stupid. Good deal alround.