Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Redmond

11 millionminus 1.7 to birmingham for sell onminus the fee we will paying the agencies the club have brought in for transfersminus his wages and signing on fee for the three years (25 grand a week ?)minus the 2 mill we paid for him in the first place

fail

I originally thought between £9 and £12m with add ons, but thought they might pay more given how much they''re likely to get for Mane. But I think it''s a fair price for him, all things considered, and wish him luck for the future.

Great bit of business, overrated lazy player who is always going to underachieve. Goodbye Redmond, I doubt your attitude will ever improve, unlucky Southampton, you''ve bought a dud!

(This isn''t a bitter post, it''s the truth, he''s 90% of the time rubbish, and that''s being generous).

Sad to see him go. He was the most talented player at the club, no doubt. Unfortunate to see him get so much stick, people just don''t seem to appreciate our best players until their gone.

[quote user="firststeps"]Great bit of business, overrated lazy player who is always going to underachieve. Goodbye Redmond, I doubt your attitude will ever improve, unlucky Southampton, you''ve bought a dud!

(This isn''t a bitter post, it''s the truth, he''s 90% of the time rubbish, and that''s being generous).[/quote]

100% agree.

ANF agreed he is the most talented, the problem was we rarely saw that talent. Started last season on fire but then just fell back into his mediocre self. Whether that was down to the coaches and management or just his ego, we''ll see how he gets on at the Saints. I think with the style that the Saints play, it will suit his game immensely, its up to him to prove his worth.

People let the consistent/inconsistent issue cloud their judgement. Because either way he is (was) Norwich''s most dangerous player and far too many people are missing that.

Oh well, wait til we see more of the less talented and even more inconsistent Matt Jarvis.

Goodbye, good luck and good riddance. Yes he had the talent, but it only rarely appeared.

Strange to move to a managerless club, but let''s move on now he''s gone!

Ricardo Spagnolo,

The money at the top level means that teams can easily afford to populate their wider squads with what I would term American Football "special teams"''players.

These are distinct from top level "weapons" in the sense that "weapons" are the tactical focus points for your side regularly, whilst the "special teams" players are ''scenario'' players who are introduced typically from the bench or for particular opposition.

Parma

5 year contract at Southampton even without a manager he''d be mad to turn down.

Strange attitudes apparent on here IMO- Redmond was easily the most talented player in our squad and was many times in recent seasons our ''go to'' player to get us a goal to keep us in or win us games. I, for one, will always appreciate him for the play off final goal. The guy obviously has ability (... how many times has he played ''blinders'' and had MotM performances for the England U21s? With (... can of worms time now... ) better coaching and guidance he will flourish and grow into a top player- he has more potential then Sterling that''s for sure.

As regards the way forward from this for NCFC, if possible we will need to reinvest for some form of replacement, I''m not sure the Murphys are the answer.

Yes thats the best player we had gone and £11 million really isnt that much considering Scum got £8 million for Mings who had one season of Champs football under his belt , Fulham want £15 million for McCormack and Jordan Rhodes went from Champs team to Champs team for £10 million .Whats more worrying though is none of our top players have come out and said they are staying and we do not seem to be linked with anybody apart from a youngster from Reading who probably wouldnt be good enough to get in our starting eleven , Benitez  commented the other day that Newcastle had all but wrapped up a quadruple signing that would be announced soon , all far far to quiet at Norwich in light of last seasons summer disaster .

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]Strange attitudes apparent on here IMO- Redmond was easily the most talented player in our squad and was many times in recent seasons our ''go to'' player to get us a goal to keep us in or win us games. I, for one, will always appreciate him for the play off final goal. The guy obviously has ability (... how many times has he played ''blinders'' and had MotM performances for the England U21s? With (... can of worms time now... ) better coaching and guidance he will flourish and grow into a top player- he has more potential then Sterling that''s for sure.

As regards the way forward from this for NCFC, if possible we will need to reinvest for some form of replacement, I''m not sure the Murphys are the answer.[/quote]

Redmond is a wide player and wide players are always inconsistent. For us, he was often more of a liability tactically - I will never forget the way he watched Sigurdsson run past him with his hands on his hips. Has obvious talent but showed it very infrequently.

I think £11m is a very good deal for us - his reputation has stayed high despite his poor performances. He is 22 now and has only 7 or 8 years left at the top and he hasn''t developed at all here, so the move is best for both parties - plus he was on a high wage which is now released from 1st July. It will be interesting to see how many games he will start for Southampton and whether their new manager likes him. I wouldn''t be surprised to see him out on loan later in the season.

Much more crucially, his sale and the £15m we will get for Brady will enable us to keep Klose and Mbokani and they will be our two best signings this summer.

As for the Murphys, I think Josh is as good as Redmond now and will be much better for us. Jacob maybe a little behind, but I think their pre-season is critical for them this year - if they don''t get a shirt this season, I don''t think they ever will.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]Sad to see him go. He was the most talented player at the club, no doubt. Unfortunate to see him get so much stick, people just don''t seem to appreciate our best players until their gone.[/quote]

This is an interesting statement because I have seen most of our games over the period Redmond has been our player and he wouldn''t even be in my top 5 most talented.

So are you going on reputation or press reports or have you really seen him play?

Redmond was not always our best player, or our most consistent, but he was very clearly the most talented. No one else at the club could play the little flicks and dummies to get past players like he did. If you didn''t think Redmond was one of our top 5 most talented players, I''m sorry, but who is in your top five?

I agree on the inconsistency- easily the most enfuriating aspect of Redmond as a player. Hence my comment about the coaching- a top manager and coaching team will improve his overall game, it is a shame Koeman has moved on (assuming he would have signed him)- I reckon that would have been a ''good fit''. I remain to be convinced, but I do hope the Murphys come good- if only to ensure we keep the ''attacking at pace'' aspect of our game that Redmond was capable of.

11mil is far to cheap you name another up and coming player who is english shines and scores for england under 21''s you can get for that figure

watch Redmond next season i bet he is a completely different player

once southampton coaches get the fat frankie factor out of him he will be a good player for them

he will have better players and coaching

I''ve now moved on from being disappointed at losing a good player for *probably* a fee on the cheap side, to now being optimistic that there''s no reason to assume one of the Murphy boys won''t be as productive in the Championship.

I''m fickle like that.

I like redmond seems like a decent lad and on his day was fantastic, unfortunately his day came.round about every 2 months , I wish him well and hope he has a great career and plays for England but if Southampton are expecting a ready made replacement for mane I''d say they are going to be disappointed,.

If this figure is correct it''s a shocking decision, wtf are we doing and why am I strangely not surprised?

[quote user="Vanwink"]If this figure is correct it''s a shocking decision, wtf are we doing and why am I strangely not surprised?[/quote]

Funnily enough these were my exact words yesterday when i saw the result of the EU referendum.

Unbelievable, or maybe not. Perhaps, the plan is to consolidate for the next decade in the chumps. Who next Brady, Olsson, Klose? But, great, we''ve Whittaker, Turner and Lafferty waiting in the wings so that''s okay. Burton have little to fear.

He has 1 yr left on his contract, had he stayed until the Jan window we''d have got considerably less than the £11m we have got for him.

He doesn''t want to be here, we did well to keep him last time we got relegated and he helped us get back, thanks for your time, now we move on.