Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Redmond

According to Daily Express having medical at Southampton 10 million let''s move on good move for all concerned

Oh shite not Rexit! This could go for another 180 pages!

Could do, we''ve had O''Nexit already, now Rexit who''s next! Klexit, Howexit or Jexit?

Sorry but Brexit''s been done to death and it''s clear that 52% said leave so that''s Brady gone!

Liverpool have reportedly offered £30m for Mane, Southampton want £40m. If this is the case we too should be pushing for more.

Does this not show a failing, I bet McNally would have negotiated double that figure, look at what he got for Grabban!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]10,000,000 pounds is a joke. Just let it go to tribunal if that''s the offer.[/quote]

For me It depends what add on are ontop of the 10m. If its 10m with anothe 4m of add ons and cut of any future transfer I''d take that.

We will get as much as we can for him, which will clearly not be enough for some. The simple fact is that he''s been unable to break into the side and play consistently under three managers and even our supporters can''t agree if he''s that good, so why would anyone pay absolutely top dollar for him?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]We will get as much as we can for him, which will clearly not be enough for some. The simple fact is that he''s been unable to break into the side and play consistently under three managers and even our supporters can''t agree if he''s that good, so why would anyone pay absolutely top dollar for him?[/quote]because...if sterling is worth 49 million ,Redmond has to be worth more than 10.Sterling is not nearly 5 times the player redmond is

Sterling has sod all to do with it - he was under a longer contract and we are talking a higher level when it''s Man City/Liverpool. We are a relegated side with a player who seems to want to go, not a euro giant.

Read Norwich (not sure how reliable they are) saying that it is £8m up front with £3m add ons. For me that seems a little cheap, just with the inflated price of English players.

Especially now with us leaving the EU prices will probably be pushed up I would be disappointed with that figure.

SNN have just in the last 10 minutes carried the story with £11mil the price.

Have to say, I''d be a bit disappointed with ''just'' 11. All things considered I would say we could and maybe should have reached further.

Read Norwich is utter tosh. It''s rehashed stories from other media. And "views" of there writers. Like 5 strikers we should sign etc. Just rubbish really so wouldn''t take any notice of the crap on there.

bargain for saintshe will be in the next england squad after euros

little old norwich with the idiot chef in charge selling their players on the cheap yet again, hes worth  a hell of a lot more than that regardless how much time he has left on his contract.english players with ability and his sort of potential go for much much more at any other clubno ambition, no cluedelia out

You can only sell something for what people will pay - there''s huge question marks over Redmond and consistency; £11m with sell-on clause is well within the boundaries of what he''s worth in the real world which funnily enough doesn''t revolve around Norwich.

Anything we get is a bonus. If McNally was still here we''d have seen his contract run down and him leave for nothing as clubs and agents refused to deal with him.

Selling this early in the window too, hope that means we''re planning on reinvesting fast. Only reason I could see for accepting an 11 million pound bid.

The money won''t be reinvested. This fee should get us somewhere close to a break even point after our January expenditure. Further sales will be required to fund any incoming players, I imagine Brady, Klose, Tettey and Howson will be next.

3 existing players signing new contracts, Redmond on verge of being 2nd City player to leave, new players joining club....nil.Month since season ended, only 6 weeks to new season kick off, other clubs happily signing new guys, but the silence from City is deafening.Last season the Play offs and change in recruitment staff were spun as the reason for the not very good end result, one wonders what is going on this summer. Dont give me the Euros as a reason, thats a cop out.

Just a shame AN couldn''t always accomodate him in the team but he managed to accomodate lesser players.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]We will get as much as we can for him, which will clearly not be enough for some. The simple fact is that he''s been unable to break into the side and play consistently under three managers and even our supporters can''t agree if he''s that good, so why would anyone pay absolutely top dollar for him?[/quote]because...if sterling is worth 49 million ,Redmond has to be worth more than 10.Sterling is not nearly 5 times the player redmond is[/quote]

Sorry, can''t quote on iPhone, as this forum refuses to update this feature and move not the modern age but...

Totally agree. It''s simple, if Sterling goes for £49m and we sell Redmond for £11 then it''s an absolute effin joke. 1 year left or not, that''s what players that have never played outside the championship go for these days, sometimes more! Young, talented, one of the countries best U21 England players... Will be disappointed with a paltry £11m fee.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]The money won''t be reinvested. This fee should get us somewhere close to a break even point after our January expenditure. Further sales will be required to fund any incoming players, I imagine Brady, Klose, Tettey and Howson will be next.[/quote]

Simply not true. We do not have to sell any players this season. We might have to if we don''t go straight back up, though.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]We will get as much as we can for him, which will clearly not be enough for some. The simple fact is that he''s been unable to break into the side and play consistently under three managers and even our supporters can''t agree if he''s that good, so why would anyone pay absolutely top dollar for him?[/quote]because...if sterling is worth 49 million ,Redmond has to be worth more than 10.Sterling is not nearly 5 times the player redmond is[/quote]

Come on at the time Sterling was hot property he was younger, more successful and played for a bigger premier league giant of a club so yes it took huge money to prize him away. Redmond is inconsistent, doesn''t alway start even when we were in the championship and is in the last year of his contract.

Sorry, can''t quote on iPhone, as this forum refuses to update this feature and move not the modern age but...

Totally agree. It''s simple, if Sterling goes for £49m and we sell Redmond for £11 then it''s an absolute effin joke. 1 year left or not, that''s what players that have never played outside the championship go for these days, sometimes more! Young, talented, one of the countries best U21 England players... Will be disappointed with a paltry £11m fee.[/quote]