Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Zac Clough on his way

Seems ok.

A bit of a speculative signing so let''s hope the scouts have it right this time and that we have unearthed a gem.

We need two new strikers and one of them should be our marquee, highly priced, cast iron goal scoring player.

This seems like a suitable number two of the two.

I posted about this, this morning, in the Transfers in thread.The source isn''t exactly reliable.And I think I read that they already turned down 2 mil for him from elsewhere.

[quote user="morty"]I posted about this, this morning, in the Transfers in thread.The source isn''t exactly reliable.And I think I read that they already turned down 2 mil for him from elsewhere.[/quote]Looks like you''re right on this - Paddt Davitt just tweeted photos of him training at Bolton today (not with us having a medical)

Reports say medical to take place immently not that hes at the club already , wonder where Tishibola has vanished to seems to have dropped off the media radar since we agreed a fee .

Absolutely no concrete evidence Clough is having a medical here or that he is headed here, as has already been found out by other posters. It is just rumour and gossip, just like it was with the Reading guy. Also i would be highly surprised Bolton would let such an asset go for a paltry 1.5 mill given their dire situation financially.

Quite so, King - if they need the cash they could be willing to let him go for less than otherwise. I read that the £2m move to Bristol fell down because he didn''t want to go, not that they turned it down. Of course none of it means we are either interested or that we have bid for him.

@Branston

Yep- if they were willing to take £2m pre relegation then £1.5m sounds about right post relegation.

I''d hope we are in for him- good young player with experience at this level and room to improve.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Doing the rounds on Twitter that Bolton are mulling over a bid from 1p5wich of £10,000 and a packet of hobnobs.[/quote]
Apparently been turned down due to the HobNobs being past their sell by date. Silver lining for the scum is that even though the HobNobs are out of date, that packet is still enough to fund the wages of 4 marquee loan signings and a free transfer for the season. 

Anybody seen him play? What position style etc is he?

The very odd occasion I''ve seen him he''s been in the Wes, Naismith and presumably Maddison position. Maybe that''s not where he normally plays though. Be good to see us signing young players in positions we not have other young prospects like CB, RB or even an out and out CF.

From what I''ve seen he''s more naismith than Wes if you get the gist. In simple terms he''s a striker but in slightly less simple terms he is good in a 2 and very good technically. Can operate out wide in 433 in a narrow 3 in 4231 or one of 2 in 442.