Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

England v Iceland

[quote user="norfolkngood"]what odds on woy being director of football at norwich ?[/quote]

Freaky and uncanny!

There really is a shortage of management talent, looking at the shortlist I mean Gary Neville! Gareth Southgate! Brendan Rogers and Arsene Wenger (those two are not even English, not that i care really but that seems to be a big thing at the moment) and bloody Alan Pardew (a manager who goes on long losing streaks every season).

[quote user="ricardo"]A squad worth £200 millionWell at least we can spend it on the NHS now.[/quote][:D][Y]

[quote user="ricardo"]If only Corbyn would go as well.[/quote]You''re going to get on the wrong side of ''Lady Bor'' saying stuff like that [:|][:D]

"ricardo"

A squad worth £200 million

Well at least we can spend it on the NHS now.

😁

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="ricardo"]If only Corbyn would go as well.[/quote]You''re going to get on the wrong side of ''Lady Bor'' saying stuff like that [:|][:D][/quote]Some accept they''ve failed and leave gracefully.Some stick like $hit to a blanket.

The commentators made the remark that the England players had been seen strolling down the boardwalk earlier in the day. I can only surmise that they must have made a few stops along the way for refreshments. That is the most shocking collective display I have ever seen by players wearing an England shirt. Nothing to do with Iceland whatsoever. I''m simply speaking about what the England players did ( or rather did not do ) with the ball when it was in their possession. Repeated terrible passing and crosses, slow play, looking like they had no idea what to do next, allowing passes to them to run under their feet as if they had no control.
I am convinced that what happened today all occurred before these players even reached the dressing room.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="ricardo"]If only Corbyn would go as well.[/quote]You''re going to get on the wrong side of ''Lady Bor'' saying stuff like that [:|][:D][/quote]Some accept they''ve failed and leave gracefully.Some stick like $hit to a blanket.[/quote]HAHAHA! [:D] Don''t they just!

It is really hard to think of a manager that could actually take England forward.

The only 2 I can think of would probably refuse the Job.

Pochettino and Ranieri.

The other option might be Guus Hiddink?

Other than that I am at a loss. The only English manager I can think of would be Eddie Howe.

The players looked completely lost out there tonight. No direction, leadership or purpose. They have to shoulder a lot of the responsibility themselves with so many poor performances, but any manager worth their salt would have had them far more organised and would have known his best team, well before the tournament.

The squad does have a lot of talent, but was poorly coached and used.

Snake

Well played Iceland.   A good team with no prima donna fancy dan players with huge price tags on their heads - just a group of hard working players playing as a team. Our team?  Too many changes. Again.  Also.....Rooney - good but not great.  Sterling - no end product. Sturridge on the right wing?  Alli - promising talent, but in a team of little structure, little hope of doing well.   Vardy?  Should have started. Hart?  Do me a favour.  Defence?  Not up to it, as shown by the second goal.Wilshire?  Wrong choice as sub and not match fit.Rashford?  If he was going to come on he needed longer. What topped the lot was seeing Kane take a free kick into the penalty area and Rooney trying to head it.  Where is the logic in that?  Kane, if he is anything, is a striker and way better to be in the penalty area with his height advantage. Poor show all round. Pleased for Iceland as underdogs, thought they performed brilliantly - got ahead and then frustrated us.  Good luck to them against France.

Rooney good but not great??? Really? Jeez, how bad did he have to be in that second half to get ''poor'', he was probably the worst guy out there - and that after looking so good in the first two games.

I''ve always thought Rooney takes too much stick considering he has carried England for years. It wasn''t his fault there was nobody better around.

And he started the tournament well. Form I think he would have kept up had it not been for the ridiculously poor decision to bench him against Slovakia. Took the wind out of his sails.

But it''s time for a change now.

And it''s time to move on from Joe Hart. He lets England down far more than Rooney ever has. And he has been allowed to get away with it. Hard to see Fraser Forster letting in the goals against Russia and Wales and Iceland''s winner.