Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

England v Iceland

....at least we just-about lived down (rather than up) to expectation, though surely none of us saw quite such an awful performance and exit in round 2. Absolutely dreadful. I''ve seen better on my local park.

Not sure why people are blaming Roy for this, not one off those players showed any passion, they are playing for their country, there is absolutely no excuse for that.

Fair point Lessingham. And if Scotland had been there Delia would have had some more Norwich players to be proud of. :)

Who do the England team turn to now for the next manager? I can''t think of a single name that stands out

Spot on yellowbeagle - it''s alright knocking it around with expensive foreign team mates against Norwich, Villa, Palace and the like.

On a level playing field, without foreign stars, our prima donnas look like the poor players they really are.

Not surprised when that damp squib is our manager! He could send a randy honey badger to sleep! Never been so embarrassed to be English in my life.

Destroyed us with the changes for the Slovakia game and he knows it.

BW Roy must take a large portion of the blame. He made six changes tonight and included two players woefully out of form as had been seen earlier. He also insists on playing Rooney in a defensive midfield role that is totally unsuitable to him as again was borne out watching the game. He makes room for Rooney instead of playing the right players in the right places. He is also responsible for the coaching of the players and Iceland had a clear threat in their long throw and we failed to deal with it. I could carry on but just heard he''s resigned, good, should never be seen near a football pitch again!

Iceland 2  Poundland 1

(pinched that from Twitter)

[quote user="GJP"]Destroyed us with the changes for the Slovakia game and he knows it.[/quote]

Agreed. Though players still stunk tonight more than should have ever been possible to expect.

I have just seen Gareth South gate has been installed as the early favourite for the job!! Good god no!! That cannot be allowed to happen!! No! No! No!

Woy''s replacement will be another ''yes man'' and those at the head of English football, need to ferk off as well.....