Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Gary Holt gone

Maybe instead of limiting the fiasco to that of August, we''re going for the entire Summer season this year. Having said that the entire management and coaching set up was chronically inexperienced following the departure of Phelan. This was another failing which the board failed to address last year.

I saw Gary Holt texting, whilst walking through the City Centre last week.

I didn''t see what he was writing, but I am positive, absolutely positive, that it was along the lines of "Yes, I would love the job, just have to get leave this one first"

Highland, it''s unfair to blame the board for Neil''s backroom staff.

Neil decided to bring in McAvoy and Kiely.

Forcing coaches on him would''ve been a recipe for disaster.

If you''re worried about training surely you have to question the manager, not the board?

Stan, people have their own agendas and go tos for blame. You won''t change habits of a lifetime. If everything goes well they then change the focus for the credit. It''s the rules.

I like the fact we are changing the staff, as pointed out not really worked thus far for improvement, so I really hope AN has a good replacement lined up.

Just the timing is a bit strange.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Just seems disorganised to me, that we have all summer to sort this, get another coach in yet we do it on day 2 of being back.[/quote]Would you have informed him he was no longer required - while he was an holiday?Probably happened yesterday and announced today. His replacement will be quickly unveiled.

[quote user="Pompey Canary"]Hell in a hand cart

Hell in a hand cart and Delia is driving it[/quote]Technically she''d be pushing or pulling a hand cart.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I reckon Ricky Martin might get the nod.[/quote]

😄

I am surprised nobody has said that some on here are just looking for a stick to beat the club with.

I think this is good. Much as I admired Gary Holt in his playing days I was concerned about the quality of the coaching staff and this is a great opportunity to really improve things. I am surprised that McAvoy is still there, but I don''t know what he does so maybe his actual impact and importance is limited.

[quote user="STAN"]Highland, it''s unfair to blame the board for Neil''s backroom staff.

Neil decided to bring in McAvoy and Kiely.

Forcing coaches on him would''ve been a recipe for disaster.

If you''re worried about training surely you have to question the manager, not the board?[/quote]

Stan, I''m curious, you don''t think then that allowing Neil to practise in the PL as a totally inexperienced manager with similarly inexperienced coaches wasn''t, at best, an egregious error by the board?

Highland canary must be here, my b0ll0cks-ometer just blew up.

you don''t think then that allowing Neil to practise in the PL as a totally inexperienced manager with similarly inexperienced coaches wasn''t, at best, an egregious error by the board?

A gamble that went wrong

Nearly as bad as keeping him to rebuild a squad and coaching team and trying to get us up again which we will see if that''s the right choice

lets see after 10 games AN over to you

upgrade on Gary holt been about with some good clubs

would have thought he would have half a eye on the managers job if it went sour for AN