Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Gary Holt gone

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Will please many on here http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/gary-holt-norwich-city-3159523.aspx[/quote]Neil said at the end of the season he would be reviewing his performance - and that of others. It looked then like a reference to the coaching staff.

I''d be guessed that he''s lined up a managerial job but it still doesn''t look great for our club on a whole! Think we all could do with some good news!

Personally I think this is a good move, with the caveat that we replace him. This would bring a fresh face to the coaching set up with new ideas and enthusiasm.

"Think we all could do with some good news!"

Haven''t you heard then?

The England plane is being diverted to Norwich International so that they can drop Roy off for urgent talks with Delia.

If that''s not good news then I don''t know what is.

There have been constant complaints on this forum about the quality of our coaching. Correctly so or otherwise I am nevertheless more concerned with GH''s replacement than his departure.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]No CE, no investment, no Premier League, no Redmond, no ambition, no coach, no hope.

Club''s in turmoil.[/quote]

We have been in turmoil for the last 6 months perhaps at last someone is seeing sense or AN is bringing in another Hamilton Man

To me sounded like Gary Holt quit not other way round ?

he said. “Now the time is right for me to seek a fresh challenge as a head coach or manager and I want to thank everyone at the club and the fans for their support for me over the years.”

that does sound like someone asked to go sounds like someone wanting to move on

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Neil said at the end of the season he would be reviewing his performance - and that of others. It looked then like a reference to the coaching staff.[/quote]I remember it too Purps. I tried unsuccessfully to find the quote but I came to the same conclusion as you at the time, therefore I''m not surprised by this announcement. Holt''s words are for the ears of potential new employers. Good luck to him.

Good luck Holty.

Alex Neil inherited Holty. Now I guess he will bring in his own choice.

These things are hardly the actions of a rudderless club in turmoil...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]To me sounded like Gary Holt quit not other way round ?

he said. “Now the time is right for me to seek a fresh challenge as a head coach or manager and I want to thank everyone at the club and the fans for their support for me over the years.”

that does sound like someone asked to go sounds like someone wanting to move on[/quote]It sounds to me like someone who''s been told to leave trying to make it sound as if it was his decision.

Is that just an assumption? Who knows why he''s gone but those in power!

Let''s wait to see who comes in to replace Holt, no doubt all the manager & staff are under the spotlight now so AN will have to bring in someone he knows and rates to do the job or he''ll be next for the Nexit!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Neil said at the end of the season he would be reviewing his performance - and that of others. It looked then like a reference to the coaching staff.[/quote]I remember it too Purps. I tried unsuccessfully to find the quote but I came to the same conclusion as you at the time, therefore I''m not surprised by this announcement. Holt''s words are for the ears of potential new employers. Good luck to him.[/quote]Lapps:

''I''ll certainly look at my contribution this season, look at my team individually in terms of their contribution and the bigger picture in terms of the club and what we''ve managed to do on the field and off the field. Recruitment is a part of that, a whole load of things needs analysing.

''At the end of the season I''ll be judging how I''ve performed, how other people have performed and I''m pretty sure people will be judging me. That''s normal in the Premier League.''

Since, as has been said, he inherited Gary Holt this development is perhaps not that surprising.

The coaching set up needed a new direction and this is it hopefully and with pre season training resuming next week let us hope that AN knows who he wants to replace Gary.

Sounds potentially like Gary Holt left on his own accord to chase a managerial job, so maybe not AN''s decision.

I know a lot of people are going on about not panicking but it''s only 6 weeks to kick off surely if AN wanted Holt gone he would have done it a couple weeks after the end of season not the first week back in training?

Another change late on.

Who''s heading the transfer target list ? Balls or Neil?

i agree that the coaches needed a shake up

and in my opinion were not improving players

BUT you would have thought if AN wanted Holt gone he could of done it end of season so we had the summer to get new coaches in ??

we have until next week now to get a 1st team coach

this is the sort of planning that needs doing at end of season not a week before pre season

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i agree that the coaches needed a shake up

and in my opinion were not improving players

BUT you would have thought if AN wanted Holt gone he could of done it end of season so we had the summer to get new coaches in ??

we have until next week now to get a 1st team coach

this is the sort of planning that needs doing at end of season not a week before pre season[/quote]Maybe the club have someone lined up to replace him - maybe archant could ask the club for us instead of spouting on about ex players going to Hibs FFS?

First week back in training and the first team coach departs.

Looking positive.

Archant wouldn''t dare pose a controversial question. They copy and paste from our official website and fill the gaps with irrelevant drivel.

"Norwich City Transfer Rumours - Grant Holt to Hibs"

How the fuck is Grant Holt to Hibs a "Norwich City transfer rumour"?

[quote user="STAN"]Archant wouldn''t dare pose a controversial question. They copy and paste from our official website and fill the gaps with irrelevant drivel.

"Norwich City Transfer Rumours - Grant Holt to Hibs"

How the fuck is Grant Holt to Hibs a "Norwich City transfer rumour"?[/quote]Typo.They meant Gary Holt [;)]