Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Jacob Murphy

Says in the Pink Un article he probably wont figure much in Neils plans , if thats the case may as well sell but its starting to look a bit like a fire sale anybody whos wanted is available .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]its starting to look a bit like a fire sale[/quote]No it isn''t. We released one ageing journeyman and a bunch of kids, and sold one first-team player who clearly wanted to leave. Brady might leave too, granted, but it''s hardly a fire sale, is it? Stop sharting yourself.

I''ve read some guff on here but there''s always plenty more to come! A fire sale would be us trying to sell our best assets, for practically any price. If we were to sell a guy who has little chance of playing anything more than a bit-part this season that would not remotely come close to a fire sale.

With one senior winger leaving already and another seemingly on his way. I''d be holding off selling Murphy until we know what we are doing for replacements. It would be good to see what he can do in pre season and in the early part of the season before we decide to sell.

That said, if there''s a couple of million on the table now or never, I could see the temptation.

For me it''s a no though, I think there''s some talent there i''d want to see in a Norwich first some more first.

If the manager doesn''t feel he is good enough then why keep him?

Get a decent price and slap on a sell on fee.

It was always high likely that only one (if any) of the Murphy brothers would actually be able to stay at the club long term and Josh has always appeared to be slightly ahead of Jacob.

He should only ever be leaving on loan, a very hot prospect, even more so now we no longer have Redmond on our books.

To lose one Murphy would be unfortunate. To lose two would be careless.

Let''s keep hold of Josh at least. I always thought he was the better of the two (and has played for the first team,) although there were very good reports of Jacob last season.

If the manager doesn''t feel he is good enough then why keep him?

i think that Murphy is just what we need fast pace direct raw talent who can play wide where we have one maybe two players left / leaving

I don''t think the manager is good enough and losing even more trust very quickly if this is his policy

We''ve lost Redders and I have little time for Jarvis, for me this is make or break year for Murphy twins, been out on loan last year and we''re in the championship, have to keep them and use them.

But heck it''s just my opinion! AN & Balls will no doubt do what they believe to be best?

[quote user="Indy"]We''ve lost Redders and I have little time for Jarvis, for me this is make or break year for Murphy twins, been out on loan last year and we''re in the championship, have to keep them and use them.

But heck it''s just my opinion! AN & Balls will no doubt do what they believe to be best?[/quote]

Agreed. They are 21 now and must surely start to appear for our first team this season, or they are never going to.

I don''t want to see Jacob leave as he has undoubted ability. Just playing devils advocate here, but maybe there could be a feeling in the club that Josh has the edge and will affectively keep the other brother from getting the game time he needs.

Doesn''t really make sense. Why sell him after a year on loan? Why sell him after a successful loan and why sell him to another championship club?

Hoping this is made up but the Murphys have only got another year left on their contracts.

What is the point of having our Academy when the best players it produces are never given a chance here and are either sold off or sent out on loan season after seasonWe might just as well shut the whole operation down, spend the money saved on "quality Scottish journeymen" like Fletcher [;)] and pray that it might be alright in the end.Even though deep down we know it won''t be.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Perhaps we could loan you back to twtd[/quote]

Past your bedtime idiot

I''ve heard from a good friend who is in a position to know, that there are problems in the canteen at the academy.

I can''t say more than that at the moment, but mark my words.

Have to say I don''t really see them as better prospects than Chris Martin.