Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Robbie Brady's representatives in talks with..

This is bollocks unless leicester are acting illegally

There is no way we would have accepted a bid on the day the Irish go out

What I can believe is that we are about to accept a bid

That should be a minimum of 12.5M at the very very least

We have no need whatsoever to sell now

Whilst we have no need, do we honestly believe we can hold on to a player of his quality after he has been a success for his Country at the Euros and we have been relegated?

I suppose we don''t know if he has a release clause (either for relegation or a £sum)? His fee should be a minimum of £12.5m, possibly more - some of the figures bandied around are ridiculous but he is on a pretty long-term contract and should definitely be worth plenty.

£12-£15m I would guess. The sale of him and Redmond should balance the books/allow for some reinvestment. Inevitable and not a disaster.

It doesn''t say that they''ve negotiated any deal yet and it is legal to discuss the availability of a player

Not to be in talks with Players Agents when no fee is agreed

that''s tapping up ie Cashley Cole and Chelsea What isn''t is discussions about whether a player might be interested but it should not not progress very far

They say Norwich would want more than 7M, you don''t say!

Don''t count on it Vanwink, wages are still high for a championship side and there''s the Murphy boys and Toffolo to consider as options for the manager.

I''m still waiting on when we start looking for players, were 6 weeks away from kick off!

We simply won''t be competitive if we don''t reinvest, Toffolo and the Murphy''s aren''t strong enough to be regular starters. We need to give ourselves the best chance of bouncing straight back, there must surely be a good amount money available for spending after these inevitable sales go through.

We shouldn''t sell for anything less than Redmonds fee. He is a more complete player than Redmond is, and is coming off of a good tournament performance. All of these should hike the price up.

It is a case of when not if Robbie will go and i hope it is resolved very soon so that AN can gets his ducks in a row so to speak well before the season starts. We have suffered too many times in the past with players coming and going just before or on deadline day which is far from ideal. Let''s approach the start of the season knowing exactly what we have on board for the long haul ahead. No hasty departures like Bradley Johnson after the season has started and no last minute signings.

I think it''s a given we will lose a couple and Brady is one you can afford to in my opinion.

Keeping hold of olsson down the left with Jarvis/Murphy/possible replacement is perfectly fine.

Money would also mean no need to sell klose/Howson/Naismith etc

Given that Brady has clearly been one of the more impressive performers at Euro2016 so far, I think we should be sticking a 20m pricetag on him and negotiating from there - willing to accept 15m minimum, but making it clear to potential suitors that he''s our player, on a contract with us for a couple more years, and we''re under no obligation to sell...

Quite happy for him to go to Leicester, he''s a quality player and I wish him all the best, but we need to demand every last penny we can for him, as other clubs do.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Given that Brady has clearly been one of the more impressive performers at Euro2016 so far, I think we should be sticking a 20m pricetag on him and negotiating from there - willing to accept 15m minimum, but making it clear to potential suitors that he''s our player, on a contract with us for a couple more years, and we''re under no obligation to sell...

Quite happy for him to go to Leicester, he''s a quality player and I wish him all the best, but we need to demand every last penny we can for him, as other clubs do.[/quote]
Yep. 15m mark seems fair to me.

15 million is a good return as long as we keep Olsson, but I have a feeling at Olssons age he might want a fresh start somewhere else.

The fee will be closer to £20m rather than £12m or £15m

the further up the field brady plays the better he looks

but our manager played him left back

olsson who looked good as a attacking full back in the euros was dropped last season

now you tell me why either of these two players will think its better for their career to stay here ?

both looked better players away from AN shackles of style of play i bet they can''t wait to leave sad but very true

Surely couldn''t be less than £12m. I believe when we signed him for £7m last summer he only had a year left on his Hull contract. At 24 he is a perfect age, with another year of top-flight experience under his belt. Although he played mostly as a wing-back for Hull, he has showed that he can do a job as a full-back and is very useful as a left winger, and he even had a couple of successful games as a RWB for us (Man City away being one, IIRC?).Couple that with the extra year of contract, his excellent performances for Ireland, our lack of necessity to sell and Leicester''s income for winning the title and playing in the CL next season, and £15m seems perfectly reasonable.

If it is indeed Leicester that are in for him, it would no doubt be a fantastic move for Brady and I doubt we could stand in his way. Obviously it will be sad to see him go, he''s shown that he can be a quality player.

Like others have said, selling early for a good fee is important. Seeing as we''ve already lost Redmond, a new winger to help Jarvis and the Murphy''s should be high on our transfer radar now.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Pritchard.[/quote]I love Alex Pritchard, but he''s more of a central player and I think Maddison is being groomed to replace Wes in that role. Could Pritchard play deeper alongside Tettey or as a wide man? I''m not convinced...

Mirror reporting a £7 million swoop , if thats the case i dont see them going up to the £15-£20 million mark .