Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Expectations this season

[quote user="can u sit down please"]What are yours?

Minimum for me is to replicate what we did last time, play off winners.[/quote]Yeah, I''d go with that[Y]Mind you with the club being in turmoil, and the wallet being empty, who knows?[;)]

Luke warm sausage rolls.

Promotion after the country adopts an Australian Points Based system.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Luke warm sausage rolls.

Promotion after the country adopts an Australian Points Based system.[/quote][:D]

Ok this is my serious opinion

i think we will get off to a poor start ( tough start anyway )

i think AN will be found out that he and fat frankie are not good enough

i then think we will appoint an new manager with Experience

i also think Woy hodgson will become part of on football board in a adviser capacity

i then think we will sneak into a play off place and go up

i honestly think it will mirror the Neil adams season

like i said my opinion and thoughts only ( tin hat on )

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Ok this is my serious opinion

i think we will get off to a poor start ( tough start anyway )

i think AN will be found out that he and fat frankie are not good enough

i then think we will appoint an new manager with Experience

i also think Woy hodgson will become part of on football board in a adviser capacity

i then think we will sneak into a play off place and go up

i honestly think it will mirror the Neil adams season

like i said my opinion and thoughts only ( tin hat on )[/quote]Where has this Woy thing even come from anyway? Is it just because Delia knows him? I am sure she has lots of friends, should we be linking them too?

As it stands gotta be playoffs. Depending on how the transfer window goes this could swing another way yet. Transfer business is probably going to show us what direction we are heading. According to transfermarkt.com when we got relegated last time the money we got for Fer, Surman, Snodgrass & Pilkington give or a take a few £100k was invested back into the side. With the likes of Vadis, Grabban, Miguel, Jerome, Thompson, Mcgrandles & Lafferty etc. If we do similar this time with the money from Redmond & Brady and potentially the likes of Olsson then surely that re investment can only be a benefit but I have a feeling we won''t see that this time around.

I expect that this season will be a total letdown. I expect we will sign at least 4 more central midfielders.I expect that none of the youth team will be given their chance.I expect that we will struggle once again to off load RVW.I expect that this forum will be in total meltdown mode come the end of September when we are sitting 23rd, still without a win.I expect that the usual suspects will chime on about staying positive and how we''ll be alright come the end of the season.I expect that we will scour the whole of Europe for a new 1st team coach and CEO, just to find that we were fortunate to have the best men for the roles already at the club in Ricky Martin and Tom Smith respectively.I expect that that come January, those players that hung around to "see how we''re doing", will hand in a transfer request so quickly Delia gets whiplash.I expect that we will rally and finish about 17th.I expect that the spectre of administration will begin to loom once again come the end of the season.And I expect that the usual suspects will no doubt chastise me for not being positive.

With their resources, you have to assume Newcastle will take the title. Therefore we are competing with 22 other teams for one automatic promotion place – when you put it that way, it''s difficult to be too positive about our chances of taking it. Like many others in this thread, I think a minimum requirement is making the top six.I''m a long way from joining the ''hell in a hand basket'' campaign, but I can''t be too optimistic about the coming season until we see a new CEO, new first-team coach and a couple of decent signings come through the door. Only five weeks until the start of the season, which is far from an eternity... tick tock.

my opinion Morty have not been told anything

Stone will stay on as CEO

with the football side of things advised by Woy

its a job he can do semi retired without spotlight on him

wacky maybe but that''s the feeling i have

[quote user="norfolkngood"]my opinion Morty have not been told anything

Stone will stay on as CEO

with the football side of things advised by Woy

its a job he can do semi retired without spotlight on him

wacky maybe but that''s the feeling i have[/quote]Yeah it just seems to have sprung up, with no logical explanation other than Delia knows Roy, and he''s out of a job.

My expectations for this season are promotion - but I take Molly''s point that there are many comings and goings to take into account. I expect to lose Brady and probably Olsson but with decent replacements, I think we have a strong squad and should fully expect promotion.I would add the caveat, that we need to give the players time to re-adjust and not expect it to be plain sailing from the start. Give 15 to 20 games before hitting the panic button.

This season is all about consolidation.

Having gambled all our money on trying to survive, sales are going to have to finance the shortfall in revenue in order that we can maintain a debt free position.

With that in mind, I''d expect us to look to be signing promising players from the lower leagues rather than making any 8 figure signings like Newcastle.

We should be aiming for promotion within the next three years but we are a club in transition and may well be closer to the bottom than the top this time around. If we manage to finish above the scum, that would represent a successful season.

Another season devoid of investment and from the comments on here it looks like another season brimful of disappointment for the over-expectant fans.

In terms of finance, we have owners that are League One. Every season we spend above that level we are punching. Simple as that.

[quote user="Alex "]Promotion, however it comes 👍[/quote]

Absolutely. It will only become harder the longer we wait. As a bonus, it''d be great to see a youth player or 2 break into the first team.

Not easy to know what to expect in late June for early August, what with 5 or 6 weeks of silly season transfer rumours ahead of us. If City sign all of the dozens of players we will be linked with, id say our wage bill would  become a slight cause for concern. Putting fun aside, as it stands  at this moment (which means nothing) a position between 8th and 12th come end season, the main focus being a battle with them down the road as to who will end up higher.

Statement from the Carrow Road about the true financial position that the Club now finds it''s self in.

A statue of David McNally commissioned --- made of salt and then slowly lowered into the River Yare.

New and proven CEO appointed asap.

An experienced coach brought in asap.

Sale of RVW, Lafferty and Andreu. for £2-3m.

IN: One proven goal-scorer who might cost a bit.

One young promising striker like Zach Clough added also.

Sale of Ryan Bennet for £2m.

IN: a proven central defender from somewhere ... perhaps even another Chumps club.

£15m for Brady.

Rest of squad commit themselves to the Club.

One wide player (winger) such as Fraser from Bournemouth to replace the Redmond/Brady gap. Murphy (J) to get a full crack at the whip.

Jarvis to regain his "England" form now that he is back amongst the dead men.

A kick up Mulumbu''s backside.

A fully fit Vadis.

Extra shooting practise for Jerome (or contact lenses.)

Top six after ten games or Neil out.

(The squad should be capable of that so his replacement should be experienced in order to get the best from them in the same way that Neil himself did two seasons ago.)

Failing this : Serious fan''s revolt (whatever that might entail) should the Club appear to still be floundering by Easter. We were the paupers of the PL and we cannot be in the same position in a Championship which is attracting more decent investment by the season.

I could not face a repeat of the Grant, Roeder, Gunn years so it''s a ''Smith out'' from me if that looks on the cards.

We can but dream.

Fail to get off to a good start and the crowd will turn, can see AN quitting/getting sacked before Jan. Expectations surely must be the play offs at least though. Reality may hit hard with mid table finish.

I would expect Promotion, nothing less, after all we are being told we have a squad made up of players who achieved it last time.

In reality though I think we will be about 9th to 12th.

Attacking football with a philosophy of we are a match for any side play with no fear and entertain. Then see where the results get us league position wise and enjoy it. oh and an exciting cup run.

Automatic promotion, or top 5. Can''t see us any lower than that. Even if we sell Brady and or Olsson, we still have a squad made up of good, solid, championship players that can get us up.