Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Modern, stylish and retro

Hmmm, not sure that contradictory tagline makes sense but I do like the look of the new kit - except for us portly chaps squeezing into it will not make us look 20 years younger.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-errea-official-home-kit-3163427.aspx

It really looks quite good and as if somebody with talent has tried very hard.

Not that it matters to me.

Green and yellow eyeballs are the limit of my club attire, especially when I mislay the scarf I bought in the late seventies or go to games at Millwall.

I''m hoping more yellow, more success on the pitch!

Not sure whether to believe all this hype though - "an internationally recognised testing and research agency and guarantees that the fabric (and of course, the finished shirt) are free from any harmful or toxic chemicals. Errea are the only company in the Teamwear sector to have achieved this important health and ecological certification." The muck us Norfolk boys spread around will surely test this kit!

They all look pretty much the same. Not sure about the snug fit, don''t think people would want to see me in that!

Looks good. The new sponsors logo doesn''t dominate either.The goalkeeper kit is black too. No more pink outfits for John Ruddy.

Fantastic kit, very impressed!

I note on the official website that if you were to choose players names and numbers, that Redmond''s has been taken out of the selection. Nothing unusual about that given he''s just moved to Southampton - but it doesn''t explain why Mbokani has still got the number 9 shirt?! Thought his loan contract was up with us now?.

Really like it.

Just wish they''d shrink the badge a bit. Why does it have to be so ridiculously large?? I think it''s about time we updated it anyway.

This please...

http://www.designfootball.com/design-galleries/football-crests/orig-new-norwich-city-crest-5985

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]It seems as though the players sporting them in the video (Olsson & Howson) are likely to stay? They''d look stupid otherwise![/quote]

Johnson was in the video for last years shirt...

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]It seems as though the players sporting them in the video (Olsson & Howson) are likely to stay? They''d look stupid otherwise![/quote]Whilst I hope so too, its happened before I''m sure!

"Just wish they''d shrink the badge a bit. Why does it have to be so ridiculously large?? I think it''s about time we updated it anyway."

Still better than ITFC''s. They''ve got a carthorse playing football which seems silly ... er! Wait a minute.

First impressions are very good, look forward to seeing it in the flesh

Yellow with green trim and nothing breaking it up. Just shows how easy it is to make a shirt that everyone likes, so what happened last year ?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Yellow with green trim and nothing breaking it up. Just shows how easy it is to make a shirt that everyone likes, so what happened last year ?
[/quote]

Too much McNally. [;)]

Very impressed. Simple. Yellow.

@CrystalCanary "Really like it.

Just wish they''d shrink the badge a bit. Why does it have to be so ridiculously large?? I think it''s about time we updated it anyway.

This please...

http://www.designfootball.com/design-galleries/football-crests/orig-new-norwich-city-crest-5985 "

No thanks - firstly, the date is wrong...

I imagine it will be similar to ''player issue'' shirts that get sold by the bigger brands- a more athletic cut, more advanced material for the shirt overall and moisture-wicking vents etc. Whereas on the regular shirt it will probably be the same material throughout and the trim will be pretty much just cosmetic.

I have to say, I think it''s fantastic. They''ve reigned in their design team nutcase.

I''m not a designer or shirt manufacturer, but I assume they might be able to change the date of the badge. Sorry if I''m throwing out crazy, radical ideas here.

The current badge looks like a reject from the 80''s.

That''s gotta be my personal favourite kit I''ve seen us put out in a long time.

I like the badge the way it is though, it could do with being smaller, on this kit especially, but I still like the design. The one you posted Crystal looks to me like the badge an MLS team would use if someone franchised a Virginia Canaries or something :P