Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Zach Clough

When he first burst on the scene he looked to have star potential. However he seems to have gone backwards since then but was that because he was in a struggling team? Can he re-find his mojo?

"When he first burst on the scene he looked to have star potential. However he seems to have gone backwards since then but was that because he was in a struggling team? Can he re-find his mojo?"

Neil Lennon has called him a "special player." I''ll take that as a positive for now.

And no, I wouldn''t prefer Zach Dingle ... before the usual jokers arrive.

(I''d prefer Brian Clough in his sharp-shooting prime though.)

If we didn''t already have awhole bunch of midfielders, I''d have understood this, I take it the Reading lad isn''t going to sign? Let''s sign some talented youngsters in other positions. Still fingers crossed he goes on to be a top player if he signs.

I thought he was more of a ''Wes'' type attacking midfielder, than say a ''Howson'' type mid?

Good signing, imo, and a very good price

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I thought he was more of a ''Wes'' type attacking midfielder, than say a ''Howson'' type mid?

Good signing, imo, and a very good price[/quote]

Even so we have Naismith and Wes for that position and I was also under the impression that the lad Maddison from Coventry was that sort aswell. I can''t really see why the club needs 4 in the hole midfielders. Is a good price and if we only had Wes i''d be pleased.

Attacking mid/2nd striker sort of player. Can also play on the left coming inside. Redmonds replacement I would have thought.

Hope this comes off. Rated highly by all accounts. Certainly one we could develop.

Very happy to see this rumour as its a player on my list of realistic targets - seen a few of his performances for Bolton - very lively and a good finisher by all accounts. Still young and hungry to prove himself. If we even pay £3m it''s a good long term investment in a promising England player

I heard we were sniffing around him in the last transfer window so could be some truth in this.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]We''re going to bring a whole new meaning to packing the midfield next season if all these rumours come off.[/quote]

Well he''s not a midfielder but yeah ok.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]We''re going to bring a whole new meaning to packing the midfield next season if all these rumours come off.[/quote]

Well he''s not a midfielder but yeah ok.[/quote]

Ok whenever Bolton have played on tv, I''ve seen him in the advanced attacking midfielder role. If he doesn''t normally play there for them I''m happy to be corrected. Where has he played when you''ve seen him?

Never seen him i like the sound of him from what others have said BIG question has he got pace ?

thats something we lack

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Second striker/winger playing from the left.[/quote]

I don''t think so not on the wing, certainly not in the games I saw. Second striker I guess maybe, I can see that but I thought he played more the Wes role on the times I saw him. If he signs we''ll see.

As he is a young player we can always play him in a different position than he has played most of his career maybe a hidden striker gem ?

might be a masterstroke by AN