Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Steven Fletcher

Apparently Wednesday are prepared to offer a longer contract. No doubt be a relief to some.

Except that Wednesday now have some money and seem to have their fingers in all the pies.

Adam Forshaw is another they are in for today.

These nouveau riche of the Championship, and there are a few such as Bristol City, Derby and Forest, might be a greater threat to our success than the biggies, Toon and Villa.

Wed about to do a Bournemouth on us and get Fletcher. It''s disappointing if we can''t even pick up freebies now.

Wed to nab Fletcher, after picking up Hoops for a snip. Bournemouth got Willson, whilst we got Grabs, and then nicked Afobe. Mind you they''ve just bought "another" striker.

Wonder if we could enquire about Afobe or King (but not Grabs)

We really don''t want another over the hill injury prone striker, we need an injection of youth and energy.

Fletcher isn''t very good and not building on the future! No thanks let him go to Wednesday.

Superb news , they must be crazy giving him a 4 year deal , starting to worry whether Alex Neil is going to get any backing at all this summer though .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Superb news , they must be crazy giving him a 4 year deal , starting to worry whether Alex Neil is going to get any backing at all this summer though .[/quote]

Could be a good deal, he''s going to cost less than 2 million for one season and they could get that back on a transfer fee.

I wasn''t happy when we signed Roberts and Holt but the old fashioned experienced centre forward has worked best for us.

Still think he could have done a job for us, but his injury record is certainly poor and you just know it wouldn''t have got any better if he''d come to us - I don''t suppose we will ever know if there was anything much in it. We surely have plenty of options, but it would be nice to have some concrete links, what with pre-season now upon us and the season 5 weeks away.

Both Reborts and Holt had something to prove, Fletcher hasn''t and is always injured!

Really is time for us to inject youth into our aging team, we need a balance of experience, confidence of youth, with more pace and energy.......

Really pleased we didn''t sign another high earner, the jury is still out on Jarvis, Mulumbu, Dorrans and Naismith!

Wouldn''t lose too much sleep over missing out on the player himself. The concern would be if we really wanted him but couldn''t get him.

Too early in the transfer window to take a plunge with this one. His record, terms and injuries are all minus factors, IMO.

There''s bound to be better turn up, but would have settled upon him if we were desperate and a week away from Blackburn.

If there was ever any truth in the rumour, I am pleased that we have "lost out."

No rumour B, just a suggestion I threw when he first became available and asked if:-

"any consider that he could be a useful addition to our strike-force?"

Probably doesn''t justify the response and probably never on our radar in any case.

We dodged a bullet there in my opinion if opinions are still permitted around here.

It may well turn out to be a bit of a dodged bullet but it is a little concerning that this appears to be the second player we''ve lost out to another championship team for.

Sorry King, who was the first? I''m not actually sure we''ve been ''properly'' linked to anyone yet, let alone anyone who''s gone elsewhere?!

Probably alluding to G O''Neil to Bristol, not that that one bothers me too much, always thought he''s over his best.

Yes I meant Gary O''Neil. Not that I think him or Fletcher are world beaters but with both they''ve been offered better terms by other teams in the same league as us. Now it may well be we just don''t rate these players as being worth what they''re being offered elsewhere but it remains a slight concern.

Never rated Fletcher and too injury prone anyway. Glad we missed him.

McCormack on the other hand......