Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

New 1st Team coach

His management record isn''t that bad - the time at WBA clouds it a little; you need to bear in mind the relative abilities/wealth of the sides you''re talked about. Certainly brings tonnes of experience which you''d think will be more than helpful.

You do have to wonder at Archant and its journos, though - it seems they didn''t have a sniff that his was happening (or didn''t report it). The story on here was some time after it was put on the NCFC official site, where they even have a pic of Irvine apparently at training in full NCFC gear (with his initials on).

Great coach very good with the young sides of Everton

just think Everton had people like Irvine running the youth side academy director etc a man of a lot of football knowledge

we had Ricky Martin ha !

Time to go right through the coaching set up we need more experienced football people like Irvine less people like Ricky Martin

Is Ricky Martin a coach now?

I would have thought the job Ricky had under McNally was the furthest away from being a coach he has been. What changed?

Ricky Martin was the person responsible for getting us Category 1 status for the Academy Nigel. Something we have recently retained. Whether people like him or not doesn''t matter as it looks from the outside as though he is achieving what he is employed to do.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Is Ricky Martin a coach now?

I would have thought the job Ricky had under McNally was the furthest away from being a coach he has been. What changed?[/quote]

New Chief Exec. You heard it here first.

I''m fully aware of what Ricky Martin has achieved and what he does now Deado.

He is technical director supporting the manager on fitness, nutritional and other everyday stuff. He is also managing Colney which is a massive job at the moment. And yes, he was responsible for getting our academy to category one status.

Just wasn''t aware he was a coach.

If it''s a step down for Irvine, what are the chances of him doing a ''Joe Royle'' and disappearing at the first better offer?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]If it''s a step down for Irvine, what are the chances of him doing a ''Joe Royle'' and disappearing at the first better offer?[/quote]Didn''t he come from Blackburn?I don''t really see that as a step down.

A most neutral meh from me. Good to get the background staff in place for the tactical training.

Striker, cb needed to cement our auto promotion challenge

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]A most neutral meh from me. Good to get the background staff in place for the tactical training.

Striker, cb needed to cement our auto promotion challenge[/quote]The wallet is empty. I''m surprised we could afford a new coach, frankly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]A most neutral meh from me. Good to get the background staff in place for the tactical training.

Striker, cb needed to cement our auto promotion challenge[/quote]The wallet is empty. I''m surprised we could afford a new coach, frankly.[/quote]Don''t worry Morty, he''s only on approval.[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]A most neutral meh from me. Good to get the background staff in place for the tactical training.

Striker, cb needed to cement our auto promotion challenge[/quote]The wallet is empty. I''m surprised we could afford a new coach, frankly.[/quote]Don''t worry Morty, he''s only on approval.[;)][/quote]OMG, back to the Roeder loan days?Clubs in crisis.

Alan Irvine always struck me as non-inspirational & a bit dithery. I was glad he was employed elsewhere although I must admit I felt a bit sorry for the fans of those clubs.

Sacked by Preston, sacked by Sheffield Wednesday & sacked by West Brom hardly shouts success does it?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Alan Irvine always struck me as non-inspirational & a bit dithery. I was glad he was employed elsewhere although I must admit I felt a bit sorry for the fans of those clubs.

Sacked by Preston, sacked by Sheffield Wednesday & sacked by West Brom hardly shouts success does it?[/quote]They all get sacked in the end though, don''t they?

If you didn''t go for someone in football ''because they''ve been sacked'' somewhere (often multiple times), the pool of guys who you''d go for would be minute. In any case, those were managerial positions which is different, perhaps he''s decided that being a bit further down the pecking order suits better.

Mourinho, ranieri, pochettino, koeman, pellegrini, ancelotti just to name a few managers who have been sacked and some more than once. Not a bad bunch. The so called messiah Paul Lambert was sacked by Livingston before ending up here.

It''s such a poor judgment to suggest that if your a sacked manager your a poor coach. 2 completely different jobs. An ex england international was saying midweek that whoever takes over at England should bring in Mclaren as a coach, saying he''s a crap manager but the best coach around. You don''t go that long as Fergies number 2 and not be a good coach.

poor manager great coach so as long as he is coaching its a good thing for the club

we now have a experienced coach

he had alot of experience coaching youngsters at Everton

i hope alex neil just does not stop there

Irvine has been academy director we had Ricky Martin in the same role just shows the difference one played over 300 club games one didnt get in wroxham side !

we need to upgrade alot more of the coaches at the club have people like irvine right through the set up from the youth upwards

and dont get me started on fat frankie !

Mourinho, koeman, pochettino, pellegrini, ancelotti, ranieri. Just a few "failed" managers. Some of those sacked more than once.

A coach isn''t a manager. Different job. Some say Steve Mclaren is a crap manager but one of the beat coaches out there.

I''m normally a bit of a "pantwetter" on here but I''m quite pleased with the club bringing in someone of his experience. We needed someone who knew the English game more than the two Scottish assistants we had, time will tell obviously but a good mood IMO!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]A most neutral meh from me. Good to get the background staff in place for the tactical training.

Striker, cb needed to cement our auto promotion challenge[/quote]The wallet is empty. I''m surprised we could afford a new coach, frankly.[/quote]First team coach leaves club=wages saved. New coach appointed=old coaches wages used.Just a play really on the selling before we can buy scenario but hey keep up your pathetic childish agenda.

There was a time when you were totally positive no matter what the board and club did Til, I''m surprised just how critical you have become. I''m not going to criticise you as I think in some aspects you have that right.

As for Irvine, I''m really not convinced by his return, but has been here during a successful period before, I''m not sure he''ll work out with AN as I don''t hold out too much hope, too reliant on the old guard!

What are you on about?? Irvine and his return???? And the rest????

[quote user="Indy"]There was a time when you were totally positive no matter what the board and club did Til, I''m surprised just how critical you have become. I''m not going to criticise you as I think in some aspects you have that right.

As for Irvine, I''m really not convinced by his return, but has been here during a successful period before, I''m not sure he''ll work out with AN as I don''t hold out too much hope, too reliant on the old guard![/quote]Apart from the fact your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever with regard to Irvine maybe you could point out where i have been critical in this thread of his appointment ?