Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

New 1st Team coach

Anyone heard anything ?

someone posted on here that might be Alan Irvine ,

strange how he would leave as being a assistant manager to become a 1st team coach ??

or was that 2+2 = 5 just because he left blackburn the same day as holt left us ?

failed manager but good coach by the look of it

Lets just hope its not another Colin Calderwood we are getting

Irvine was Lambert''s assistant manager, so no surprise that when Lambert left and Coyle came in Irvine also left.

He''d be a good addition to the coaching staff and is highly rated - he''s seen to be particularly good in coaching young players.

News about what is happening can be quite slow this time of year, reporters don''t get the regular access to the players and staff they have during the season. Sure everything will become clear soon - especially with the first friendlies only a week and a bit away.

I heard that the club is so hard up they are going to save money by not having a coach and the players will drive themselves around.

I hear Ray Lewington was well respected by the England squad and is a mate of Roy''s, whose a mate of Delia............

[quote user="willo"]I hear Ray Lewington was well respected by the England squad and is a mate of Roy''s, whose a mate of Delia............[/quote]

Hi Willo. Happy new transfer window to you, I hope you will be sharing some of your great info with us as usual as moves get close.

Quick question is this little teaser something that we are trying to make happen ? or is it just a wind up.

Look forward to seeing some of our targets as soon as they are close to signing

Got nothing concrete at the minute, but did hear that Roy is always talking shop to Delia, think its common knowledge that he would of been our Manager at some point in the past if the timings would have been right.

Just chewing the fat with someone fairly well connected and thought this type of set up, maybe even with Roy as a Director of football would be a favourable structure to support Alex Neil.

Personally speaking, not a bad shout, think we all tend to have a higher opinion of the club that where we really are, and for us to land people of this ilk into our structure would be a positive.....

Tin Hat on.............

[quote user="willo"]Got nothing concrete at the minute, but did hear that Roy is always talking shop to Delia, think its common knowledge that he would of been our Manager at some point in the past if the timings would have been right.

Just chewing the fat with someone fairly well connected and thought this type of set up, maybe even with Roy as a Director of football would be a favourable structure to support Alex Neil.

Personally speaking, not a bad shout, think we all tend to have a higher opinion of the club that where we really are, and for us to land people of this ilk into our structure would be a positive.....

Tin Hat on.............[/quote]

You will def need your tin hat lol. All teams in the chumps are just the same as Newcastle are now showing Gayle to make up for Townsend.

Will look out for your posts

Putting 2 and 2 together but Gary Holt has advertised himself on LinkedIn - asking for anyone with a coaching role to get in touch. Seems to me like he was pushed rather than jumping to another imminent role.

Would further suggest to me that AN knows he needs to make backroom changes, hopefully his successor will be announced sooner rather than later.

Before anyone questions the legitimacy of his account on LinkedIn, he''s had conversations with McVeigh and Fleming on there so I''d assume its genuine.

Its obviously going to be Ryan Giggs now that he''s leaving United!

i would have Ryan Giggs as manager

now i know he has less experience as a manager as AN

and i always go on abut we need a experienced manager

BUT if we are going young No experience i Think

Ryan Giggs is what we need

he would have far more knowledge and contacts in the game

won everything so huge respect from players

been with the best set up coaches manager and players

i know someone will point out Gary neville and how things went in spain

i just think Giggs has that class and authority we need

Never going to happen so i will shut up now !

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s Ricky Martin[/quote]That would please some on here Winky. [:P]

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s Ricky Martin[/quote]the original "yes man" if ever there was one, if true...he''ll be our next manager y''know.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Love Gary Holt but I believe Irvines experience makes him an upgrade.[/quote]

My thoughts too, Eddie 👍

Certainly has a lot of experience, is this the footballing nous we have been missing?

It is indeed Alan Irvine........who was in fact a free agent having left Blackburn when Lambert left.

Yep have to say i am happy with this. The kind of old head that Alex has lacked around him.

I think that this is good news and probably something that we could have done with last year!

[quote user=" Badger"]I think that this is good news and probably something that we could have done with last year! [/quote]Whilst I agree, was just browsing his record with West Brom in the Premiership, not the best!

Good choice. AN is a good young manager but some experience needed around him, happy with this.

Every manager needs a good back room team, if you look at the years when sir Alex failed to win title an Man Utd it was normally a year when he lost his assistant