Sign in to follow this  
Stowcanary

Michael McGovern

I see Northern Ireland hero keeper is a free agent. His previous club was Hamilton so Alex Neil obviously knows him, I wonder if he''s being considered by us?! Neither of our keepers shone particularly last year, I think it could be a move worth considering.

Should get a half decent move somewhere after his euro displays. Probably a champ side. Can''t see us being in for a keeper personally.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]By my calculations we''ve got 6 contracted professional goalkeepers, Ruddy, Rudd, Keane, Killip, Oxborough & Hallett plus at least one under 18.[/quote]Can any of them play as a striker ?

Being reported that we''ve offered him a contract now. IMO it''s a waste of time and money and is not needed at the club.

McGovern turned down a deal with Southampton as he wanted first team football.

If Norwich have offered him a deal then you would have to assume it is as first choice keeper and it wouldn''t surprise me if AN wanted to move Ruddy on - he was shaky nearly all last season.

McGovern was Gary Holt''s keeper at Falkirk and then Alex signed him for Hamilton - so Norwich would certainly know a lot about him.

Unsure what to expect really if we get him. Yes he had a good euros but he''s never played at a decent level so could be a dud. Hopefully if we do it will mean we are getting a decent fee for ruddy and rudd will stay and challenge mcgovern.

Southampton don''t tend to sign anyone without extensive scouting and they haven''t had too many misses in the past few seasons - especially when it comes to signing players from Scotland.

Rangers and Celtic have both been interested as well, so I think his club career is somewhat deceptive.

Whether Norwich are actually interested or everyone is jumping to conclusions due to the AN connection is impossible to know (Hopefully he isn''t another Tony Andreu).

To be fair to Andreu, he came in and barely got a chance. Then we got promoted and he was never going to be playedone much in the prem. Had a fairly good spell with Rotherham, never know he could be useful this season.

Robson-Kanu has looked a world beater at the Euros but at domestic level is absolutely dreadful. Will be the same with this keeper, no thanks from me.

I think we need a new GK. Not too sure from what I''ve seen of McGovern but hopefully he turns out to be good. Rudd has developed into a decent Championship goalkeeper, too good to be our backup in this league, not really good enough to start for us though, even in this league.

Ruddy,. like many of our players is somewhere between too good for the Championship but not good enough for the prem, he used to be much better. But his unexplained crisis of confidence has really affected his aerial ability and command of his area, for a big keeper that''s not the best shot stopper, you would expect him to command his area well, but he doesn''t anymore. Before Klose came in we were so poor at defending crosses, Ruddy needed to stand up and be brave and come for everything. instead he let himself get crowded out at all times which was extremely disappointing to see

We need to move one of those two on, we can''t carry two out of form goalkeepers who both want to be starting forever

If we were going for a keeper from this Euro''s I''d have preferred Randolph, but I think he''ll get a Prem move now after his performances

Yep, but he''s second choice. I think he''ll get a move to a promoted club or someone like Bournemouth/Watford after his performances at the Euro''s