Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Norwich agree fee for..

The scousers seem optimistic about our ability to bounce straight back:

If Canos does make the move to Carrow Road, he could well be lining up against his former team-mates in 2017/18.

[quote user="alartz"]You''ll be £20 light then feed the wolf[/quote]Does that constitute acceptance of the bet, then? Do we have a deal?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]You''ll be £20 light then feed the wolf[/quote]Does that constitute acceptance of the bet, then? Do we have a deal?[/quote]
I''d doubt it, most of the lot on here that slate the club repeatedly and make ridiculous claims never seem keen to back it up with anything.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]You''ll be £20 light then feed the wolf[/quote]Does that constitute acceptance of the bet, then? Do we have a deal?[/quote]
I''d doubt it, most of the lot on here that slate the club repeatedly and make ridiculous claims never seem keen to back it up with anything.
[/quote]Even if he did take the bet, I''d probably still have a separate bet with anyone who would take it that he wouldn''t pay up if he lost. I feel a bit like I''m mocking the afflicted here, it feels dirty.

Interesting comments form ''This is Anfield''. 

Nice bit of loop on effect we''ve got going here with the transfers. LFC buy Mane from S''ton for 30mil who in turn buy Redmond from Norwich for about 11.5mil to replace Mane who buy end up bidding for Canos for £2.5mil possibly as a replacement for Redmond.

Good move for Canos if true, Norwich is clearly the bigger team there...they''ll have plenty of money to go with them with the parachute payments as well.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="alartz"]We won''t sign anyone. Just give a couple of youth players pro contracts that''s it''s.[/quote]If we make no permanent signings from other clubs before the end of the window, I''ll give £20 to the PUPs fund.If we do make a permanent signing from another club before the end of the window, you give £20 to the PUPs fund.Deal?Well shut up, then.[/quote]Of course we will sign somebody but what about a signing that really stamps the message we want to go back up ? Newcastle have just bought Gayle and Ritchie at around £10 million a player , thats called ambition . We desperately need two very good strikers , how many signings do you see us making around the 8- 10 million mark ? None, well pipe down then .

While Alartz is obviously a massive troll the whole thing of people offering bets on forums is ridiculous. ''If you don''t want to put money on this then you have to shut up'' is just a bit childish really, especially when followed by 20 posts asking why they won''t take your bet.

[quote user="king canary"]While Alartz is obviously a massive troll the whole thing of people offering bets on forums is ridiculous. ''If you don''t want to put money on this then you have to shut up'' is just a bit childish really, especially when followed by 20 posts asking why they won''t take your bet.[/quote]
Nah, it''s the easiest and clearest way to ensure someone is just being a troll, as opposed to having a genuine view on something.

If you can''t tell Alartz is a troll without that then I worry.

I have genuine views on quite a few things but I have no desire to put money of them with some stranger off the internet.

So do lots of us. How many times on here have you been asked to put money towards a NCFC charity based on your views? I''ll bet probably none.
There''s a reason why people do it to No-Balls-Alartz & Co.

Quote Canary one>Of course we will sign somebody but what about a signing that really stamps the message we want to go back up ? Newcastle have just bought Gayle and Ritchie at around £10 million a player , thats called ambition . We desperately need two very good strikers , how many signings do you see us making around the 8- 10 million mark ? None, well pipe down then .

I would suggest that spending £10m on Gayle isn''t ambition but foolish spending on a player who will spend most of the season on the bench. Also check out the Bournemouth fans view on the Ritchie move. Rafa thinks he has signed a direct pacey replacement for Townsend, they say he''s actually a fairly steady defensive type winger who''s better going back than he is forwards. If you are using them as some form of model to rank our own ambitions then more fool you as they are a basket case just trying to spend their way out of a league where it isn''t that easy to do so. Remember last time we came down? Fulham were ambitious and spending £11m on McCormack and unambitious us were spending £1.5m on Jerome and £3m on Grabban, who ended up where and who of those 3 scored the most? Just to help you out it was the £1.5m player.

Spunking money may mean more ambition in your world but me I prefer good scouting and signing the right players for the squad, it doesn''t matter how much they cost in comparison to what other clubs are spending.

[quote user="king canary"]While Alartz is obviously a massive troll the whole thing of people offering bets on forums is ridiculous. ''If you don''t want to put money on this then you have to shut up'' is just a bit childish really, especially when followed by 20 posts asking why they won''t take your bet.[/quote]20 posts? I think you''ve added a zero by mistake there.And it was a charity bet – a bit different from trying to make money for personal gain. A fair amount of money has been raised for the FDC by bets between posters, it''s part of this little online ''community'' that we have. If you don''t like it that''s fine, I can live with it.