Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Norwich agree fee for..

[quote user="Diane"]I cant believe we''ve agree a fee for the lad because loads of people on here have said that we won''t do any business until we get a perm ceo in place ?

Guess we''ve got a good structure in place at the club to deal with transfers in and out after all and people were worrying for nothing lol[/quote]Maybe we have already got our CEO in place , wouldnt be the first time we have searched and then realised the best (or cheapest) candidate is already at the club .

[quote user="curious yellow"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Katie Borkins"]Brady will go to a PL side.[/quote]So long as they didn''t watch the Ireland game yesterday.[/quote]

Brady and Hoolahan played well yesterday, I thought.

They may do well to play Brady in a more central role.[/quote]

We should consider loaning out Brady, he could be best replacement for Wes

"We should consider loaning out Brady, he could be best replacement for Wes."

You suggested the same about Klose. Surely our aim should be to keep these plalers in order to facilitate a quick return to the top table.

Failing that we get as much as we can get in the market in order to facilitate a re-build.

What exactly would be achieved by loaning them out? Their contracts will be run down whilst not being in the yellow.

Not that they would willingly agree to be peddled around by NCFC when they have their careers to think about and better careers than such an option, that''s for sure

With respect that''s ridiculous.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"We should consider loaning out Brady, he could be best replacement for Wes." You suggested the same about Klose. Surely our aim should be to keep these plalers in order to facilitate a quick return to the top table. Failing that we get as much as we can get in the market in order to facilitate a re-build. What exactly would be achieved by loaning them out? Their contracts will be run down whilst not being in the yellow. Not that they would willingly agree to be peddled around by NCFC when they have their careers to think about and better careers than such an option, that''s for sure With respect that''s ridiculous.[/quote]

I''m trying to remember a relegated side loaning out one of its best players.  Nope, can''t think of it ever happening.    Probably because it''s an extremely daft idea...

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"We should consider loaning out Brady, he could be best replacement for Wes."

You suggested the same about Klose. Surely our aim should be to keep these plalers in order to facilitate a quick return to the top table.

Failing that we get as much as we can get in the market in order to facilitate a re-build.

What exactly would be achieved by loaning them out? Their contracts will be run down whilst not being in the yellow.

Not that they would willingly agree to be peddled around by NCFC when they have their careers to think about and better careers than such an option, that''s for sure

With respect that''s ridiculous.[/quote]
Agreed, I don''t think we have the financial strength to loan out Brady and Klose for a season. Sounds silly, but if they''re not going to be playing for us in the coming season we need to use the funds from them to strengthen the team. Loaning to the Prem suited QPR when they came down because they still had funds to use to buy players as they have a wealthy owner.

Its character forming wrote;

I''m trying to remember a relegated side loaning out one of its best players. Nope, can''t think of it ever happening. Probably because it''s an extremely daft idea...

Well didn''t we do just that with ........ RVW ?

Light blue touch paper

Retreat safe distance ;-)

So what if Hull had loaned us Brady instead of selling? I would imagine they would be quite happy now.

Their value is likely to go down in the championship so we could undersell.

If we did get promoted we would be in the same position as we were last summer when we could not buy the right players

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Its character forming wrote; I''m trying to remember a relegated side loaning out one of its best players. Nope, can''t think of it ever happening. Probably because it''s an extremely daft idea... Well didn''t we do just that with ........ RVW ? Light blue touch paper Retreat safe distance ;-)[/quote]

Of course, you''re right.  It was such a wise move to refuse all those big money bids for him.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Aston Villa have bid £5m for Tshibola it seems...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-aaron-tshibola-villa-11565052[/quote]

On sky sports transfers saying the same. If true, shows why we haven''t signed anyone, as we''re still trying to pay peanuts for everyone!

[quote user="CanaryOne"]We have not learnt a thing from last season , club is run by amateurs .[/quote]

It is starting to look a lot like this I hope there is stuff going on we are not aware of behind the scene

£5m for a guy who has barely featured in the championship?! The market has gone mad! Time to go with what we''ve got in centre mid. Concentrate on wingers, a CB and a striker or 2

He isn''t the cm we want - Bradley Johnson is!

And we are after a striker who knows where the net is, if he can reproduce his Southampton form - Ricky Lambert!

For those of us wondering where the new signings are, I would suggest we are perfectly well-equipped with the squad we have at the moment, with one or two minor additions required. I''m assuming that Brady will leave, but everyone else will stay (I know that might not be the case, but I''m just looking at what''s available at the moment).GK: Ruddy, Rudd, KeanCentre backs: Klose, Bennett, Turner, Bassong (and Martin if required)Full backs: Pinto, Martin, Whittaker, Olsson, Toffolo Central midfielders: Tettey, Mulumbu, Thompson, Howson, DorransAttacking midfielders: Hoolahan, Naismith, Maddison, AndreuWingers: Jarvis, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy, Vadis (can also play central)Strikers: Jerome, Lafferty, van Wolfswinkel, Morris.I would suggest that, strikers aside, there''s nothing wrong with the squad. We could certainly use a more experienced winger to replace Brady if he goes, and we definitely need one or two strikers, but up to and including attacking midfielders looks fine to me. These players all know Neil''s style and personality, and if they wanted out they would have gone by now. The players clearly back him, and there''s no sense in throwing the baby out with the bathwater after relegation. Keep the nucleus together, make a couple of shrewd additions and we''ll be in a pretty good place IMO.The strikers are the concern; Jerome aside, I don''t think Neil sees any of the others as part of his squad. He clearly wants to offload Wolfie and Lafferty (although might retain one or the other if he can''t get the replacements he wants), and I''m guessing Morris will either go back out on loan or be fourth choice in a one-up-front system. With pre-season under way and our first match happening on Saturday, it''s surprising that we''ve not seen any movement in that department.

I said on page 1 of this topic the supposed City bid of 2 mill would be considered derisory and nothing less than 5 mill would get him, of course clubs like Villa and Newcastle have way more finance than us so it all figures. At 6ft 3 ins and looking at his frame and potential, 5 mill could be an absolute bargain, if he does not like to his potential then its not a massive  loss for a club like Villa.We are losing out / will lose out on many situations like this now, theres a lot of rich, hungry clubs in the Champs now, its not like 2 yrs ago, times have changed quickly and we are being shunted down the available finances table at a quite fast rate. So much so, the days of thinking our club as top 6 / bottom 6 Champs / Prem quality is coming to an end, probably. Get used to it.

I think this is the thing and I was actually thinking about earlier when I looked at the squad list - people going on about the lack of signings ought to have a look at what we do have at our disposal, rather than the lack of moves to-date.

Clearly some strengthening is needed up front, certainly if Lafferty is leaving as has been suggested (and do we want to rely on RvW?), maybe defence - but a lot depends on who leaves. Imo, where we currently are, we aren''t too badly off (indeed, at least as good a squad as our promotion winning one) but improvements can always be made.

Canary One and Pompey Canary agreeing with himself on here again.

I think with a little over 8 weeks to go of the window the latest round of conspiracy theories can be held back for the time being.

[quote user="alartz"]We won''t sign anyone. Just give a couple of youth players pro contracts that''s it''s.[/quote]If we make no permanent signings from other clubs before the end of the window, I''ll give £20 to the PUPs fund.If we do make a permanent signing from another club before the end of the window, you give £20 to the PUPs fund.Deal?Well shut up, then.