Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Norwich agree fee for..

Suddenly a player we''ve never heard of becomes worth over double what we paid to land Nathan Redmond from Birmingham?

If we''re planning to do business like that, we may as well bite the bullet & pay key players like Klose, Redmond & Brady their Premiership salary to remain with us during 2016/17. That would give us a far better chance of dominating this league than gambling on very expensive new potential.

"If we''re planning to do business like that, we may as well bite the bullet & pay key players like Klose, Redmond & Brady their Premiership salary to remain with us during 2016/17. That would give us a far better chance of dominating this league than gambling on very expensive new potential."

Excellent point and with all three players under contract the ball is not entirely within their courtk

Football has changed in the last few years and prices have gone up. If Birmingham were selling Redmond today it wouldn''t be for £2m. Birmingham sold Demari Gray for nearer £4m last year, Championship players are regularly going for nearer £10m. The days of plucking the best young player from a Championship team for £1-2m are long gone.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="treacletown07"] RyBen could even be one of the best players in the league next season.

[/quote]

You know how much of a step down in class the Champs is if that''s the case.[/quote]

The gulf is huge between the Championship and PL. Bennett and Bassong are kings at CD in Chump.

What we dont need is negativity and worriers at the moment.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="treacletown07"] RyBen could even be one of the best players in the league next season.

[/quote]

You know how much of a step down in class the Champs is if that''s the case.[/quote]

The gulf is huge between the Championship and PL. Bennett and Bassong are kings at CD in Chump.

What we dont need is negativity and worriers at the moment.

Redmond was also cheap because of financial problems at brum. Think he may have had a release clause as well. We got him for a bargain then.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Can we see a top price for Redmond  then ?

[/quote]Rumours on here that he has an £8m release clause in his contract hence low offers - not sure if there''s any truth in that but I would have thought he was worth at least £12m in current market maybe more

NCFC offer accepted this morning. Thought to be in the region of £2m after initial bids of £1m + add ons rejected.

We''ll need to get personal terms over the line sharpish as it''s likely other teams (including the likes of WBA and Palace) will also be looking to agree a fee.

Publicly announcing a figure has been accepted = an auctioneer''s call for ''anymore bids in the room?'' before the hammer falls. Hopefully the final deal will be nowhere near the £4 or £5m prices mentioned earlier...

How good is Tshibola?

No idea.

Maybe he is promising if WBA and Palace are interested.

If he signed for WBA or Palace would he walk into their PL side and play week on week?

No chance.

Age 21 6ft 3in

Playing record:

2014/15 23 games for Hartlepool 16th in League Two (4 goals, 6 yellow cards)

2015/16 18 games for Reading (no goals, 4 yellow cards)   

Two serious injuries, hasn’t played since 24th October.  

Big question mark over fitness and experience to make an impact in a side chasing promotion to the PL this season.

Is he better than the players we already have or is he one for the future?

Interesting to wonder who has scouted this player and who has seen him play in real time.

Oh wait a minute, as mentioned  by can u sit down please… Tony Spearing.

8th April 2016 appointed NCFC Head of Football Recruitment.

Previously from January 2015 Head of Scouting & Recruitment at Reading.

Small world.

Similar scenario to Tony Andrieu?

Sky does often jump the gun on these things, in order to be ''first'', so I guess we wait and see.

As to Curious''s random moaning, surely if Spearing knows of a good player that we could get from Reading, that is him doing his job? Hardly something to be snide about.

I agree, based on and experience he wouldn''t walk into any PL side, however Delli Alli is proof that there is quality in the lower leagues and some clubs might be willing to take a risk. Difference is, Delli Alli had played in league1 88 times and Aaron Tshibola has had 40 appearances with half of them being in league 2. I understand they both play in different positions but Delli Alli proves that an extra season learning your trade (and being able to stay injury free) can really make the difference when developing your game. We also have a squad with some Premier League quality which he can learn from too. I genuinely believe he is better off with us for those reasons.

I suppose I''m pleased ... but then I''m a sucker for these brilliant write-ups for all these youngsters.

I''m just hoping that they start to reveal this promise in the yellow .... starting with Maddison, I suppose.

I imagine the poor lads head is reeling from all the interest  in him right now. If the reports that 2mill is the fee accepted i personally  would be stunned, but  i would think there are a number of add ons involved.Going to be no easy task getting this lad to sign for us if the stories are true about Villa lining up a counter offer and West Brom racing in to join the party. On the plus side so far, its only been City given permission to talk to him thus far, thou that could be changing as i type this of course. Alex and his staff will likely have a tough time getting this done, frankly  it looks far from certain.Looking at his stats from a poster above, he has 10 yellow cards in 41 games, another Tettey-esque player maybe?

[quote user="Essjayess"]I imagine the poor lads head is reeling from all the interest  in him right now. If the reports that 2mill is the fee accepted i personally  would be stunned, but  i would think there are a number of add ons involved.Going to be no easy task getting this lad to sign for us if the stories are true about Villa lining up a counter offer and West Brom racing in to join the party. On the plus side so far, its only been City given permission to talk to him thus far, thou that could be changing as i type this of course. Alex and his staff will likely have a tough time getting this done, frankly  it looks far from certain.Looking at his stats from a poster above, he has 10 yellow cards in 41 games, another Tettey-esque player maybe?[/quote]

What''s his nickname? Do you think he''d work well with Naisy?

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"][quote user="Essjayess"]I imagine the poor lads head is reeling from all the interest  in him right now. If the reports that 2mill is the fee accepted i personally  would be stunned, but  i would think there are a number of add ons involved.Going to be no easy task getting this lad to sign for us if the stories are true about Villa lining up a counter offer and West Brom racing in to join the party. On the plus side so far, its only been City given permission to talk to him thus far, thou that could be changing as i type this of course. Alex and his staff will likely have a tough time getting this done, frankly  it looks far from certain.Looking at his stats from a poster above, he has 10 yellow cards in 41 games, another Tettey-esque player maybe?[/quote]

What''s his nickname? Do you think he''d work well with Naisy?[/quote]

His nickname is ''Tish''...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]What''s his nickname? Do you think he''d work well with Naisy?[/quote]

His nickname is ''Tish''...[/quote]That''s it then - naisal and a tishoo. [:S]

If WBA wanted him as a PL side they would have got him by now, no contest. As for Villa big named club but several seasons away from mounting a promotion surge. we must represent an ideal opportunity for the young lad tp get into the PL in the near future, glad we have gone for a young hungry up and coming player, the age of our squad needs an injection of youth

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"If we''re planning to do business like that, we may as well bite the bullet & pay key players like Klose, Redmond & Brady their Premiership salary to remain with us during 2016/17. That would give us a far better chance of dominating this league than gambling on very expensive new potential."

Excellent point and with all three players under contract the ball is not entirely within their courtk[/quote]

Except we don''t have that money - what we are spending is the Redmond and Brady transfer fee, which will be £20m. Some of that will indeed be used to keep Klose, Naismith, Jerome etc at the club for at least 5 months.

It might be controversial but we only really need one more striker and we have a good enough squad, proven at this level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHmN8_mYSXA

Looks as though he could play with Maddison in a central midfield role. How many midfielders do we need though? We''ve got plenty already...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]If WBA wanted him as a PL side they would have got him by now, no contest. As for Villa big named club but several seasons away from mounting a promotion surge. we must represent an ideal opportunity for the young lad tp get into the PL in the near future, glad we have gone for a young hungry up and coming player, the age of our squad needs an injection of youth[/quote]

I think those writing off Villa so completely ahead of the new season need to think again. Ok they have some sorting out to do but they have a new manager and had some talent in that team. they won''t be far off if they get off to a decent start.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sky does often jump the gun on these things, in order to be ''first'', so I guess we wait and see. As to Curious''s random moaning, surely if Spearing knows of a good player that we could get from Reading, that is him doing his job? Hardly something to be snide about.[/quote]

Wouldn’t say the facts I presented were “moaning”.

They were just facts, plus a few logical conjectures.

But what really gets me is the bizarre attitude of some posters who know nothing about the player, but seem to think that just because he is joining us he must be the next Pele.

Early days with Spearing but hopefully can cast his net a bit wider before we can say whether he’s more successful than his predecessors.  

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]If WBA wanted him as a PL side they would have got him by now, no contest. As for Villa big named club but several seasons away from mounting a promotion surge. we must represent an ideal opportunity for the young lad tp get into the PL in the near future, glad we have gone for a young hungry up and coming player, the age of our squad needs an injection of youth[/quote]

I think those writing off Villa so completely ahead of the new season need to think again. Ok they have some sorting out to do but they have a new manager and had some talent in that team. they won''t be far off if they get off to a decent start.[/quote]Agree, Villa will be there challenging for promotion , good manager , money to spend and a relegated Prem squad just like Newcastle and Norwich and dont forget they beat us comfortably when they were really really bad last season .

Well if a fee has been agreed between the two clubs it shows there is life after McNally. [;)]

I cant believe we''ve agree a fee for the lad because loads of people on here have said that we won''t do any business until we get a perm ceo in place ?

Guess we''ve got a good structure in place at the club to deal with transfers in and out after all and people were worrying for nothing lol

We can''t count our chickens and all that, but it does look like whoever is the ''agent'' dealing with things on our behalf has (shock horror) also tried to negotiate on price. They clearly don''t see how ''little Norwich'' that is - aren''t you just meant to pay whatever the selling side wants?