Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Archant

@LDC

The thing is people shouldn''t need to ''work out'' the quote function. It is a fairly basic function on any forum and the fact it doesn''t work in Chrome, one of the leading browsers, is pretty terrible.

It doesn''t need to be all bells and whistles but this forum has a big enough user base that a little upgrade wouldn''t go amiss. I do get the argument someone made that there isn''t much profit in it for Archant but sometimes you just need to do something to keep your loyal users happy.

I use another discussion forum to discuss Game of Thrones and it has a great feature allowing you to ignore selected posters (and it also has an edit button!).  It can be a bit surreal reading threads where people are answering comments you can''t see, but on balance it''s the best thing since sliced bread.

ICF - I don''t get the need for an ignore button. If I don''t want to hear what others have to say I just talk to myself ;)

I''ve seen the Game of Thrones forum ICF, there was a good thread on there the other day about the Facechangers, seemed to be a few on here contributing, saw reference to Mr Chops, Katie and Jules👍

It seems the problems over the weekend have been rectified. Its nice to see there were a couple of words of apology from the Forum overseers! I really think this place is more of an annoyance to Archant rather than an asset.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]^^^^ has a sex dungeon in his spare room[/quote]

Is there something you''re wanting to share with us DDD ?  But perhaps in the off-topic section ?

Anyway I think you''ll find in GoT that sex and the dungeons tend to have very different functions.  The scene with Theon Greyjoy is one I have to skip past every time....

[quote user="Vanwink"]I''ve seen the Game of Thrones forum ICF, there was a good thread on there the other day about the Facechangers, seemed to be a few on here contributing, saw reference to Mr Chops, Katie and Jules👍[/quote]

The annoying thing is that Waveney justifies his multiple personas by reference to the many-faced god.

Anyway, while we''re discussing GoT, does anyone have any inside info on the publication date for Winds of Winter ?

Hi folks and apologies for the disruption over the weekend.I''ll mention the messageboard at the next digital meeting and report back with any developments (if any) regarding a possible upgrade.Anyone still experiencing errors please let me know.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Hi folks and apologies for the disruption over the weekend.

I''ll mention the messageboard at the next digital meeting and report back with any developments (if any) regarding a possible upgrade.

Anyone still experiencing errors please let me know.
[/quote]

Good one.

Archant will probably have to replace this forum eventually, as it probably won''t continue to work due to obsoletion. I think it originally ran on a Microsoft IIS 7.5 server under Windows 2000, but now appears to run on a Windows 2003 or 2008 virtual instance hosted by Amazon.From a pure laziness point of view Archant have done well to keep the original forum software running this long, but probably won''t be able to go beyond Windows 2008''s end of support (currently set for Jan 2020).

The edit button I can really do without - if there''s a word spelt wrong etc it''s generally quite easy to work out what was meant, it''s not a big deal at all to me.

But the quote button working correctly is a must for me, and really needs sorting.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]ICF - I don''t get the need for an ignore button. If I don''t want to hear what others have to say I just talk to myself ;)[/quote]Trouble is Nutty, after a certain age, you can get locked up for that![;)]

I love Waveney . I love everything about him/her  . If I had time I would collect all of his different incantations and publish them. If only I had time. Oh and yes , the new screen will block the Hotel and they are pretty miffed about it too.

Graham Paddon''s Beard wrote the following post at 04/07/2016 7:00 PM:

I love Waveney . I love everything about him/her . If I had time I would collect all of his different incantations and publish them. If only I had time. Oh and yes , the new screen will block the Hotel and they are pretty miffed about it too.

He probably has a few more than Katie😄

But it''s fun when you see them talking to themselves on the same thread 😳

Lapps said that Pompey Canary is Gunthorpe, but I''m pretty convinced it''s Waveney.

Probably as good a thread as any to ask. How do I post clickable links? I have regained the ability to quote and post pictures but the links still don''t work for me.

Are you using a PC nn? If so there should be a ''chain'' button next to the text box you type in. Highlight whatever you want to be clickable, click the button and paste the URL/link into the box that appears.

Posting on my phone atm so can''t demonstrate, but will try and post pics later if this isn''t clear?

If you''re using a phone or tablet, the only way I know of is to use what I think is actual HTML but life is too short ...

I agree with Purple and I to am grateful to Archant for hosting this board. I must confess that allowing people like Katie to have multiple accounts is a shame but hey, it''s still a good board.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I agree with Purple and I to am grateful to Archant for hosting this board. I must confess that allowing people like Katie to have multiple accounts is a shame but hey, it''s still a good board.[/quote]Sounds like someone is on the hunt for an argument[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]I agree with Purple and I to am grateful to Archant for hosting this board. I must confess that allowing people like Katie to have multiple accounts is a shame but hey, it''s still a good board.[/quote]Sounds like someone is on the hunt for an argument[:D][/quote]
Alas, my arguing and name-calling days are behind me.  Even for that tw@t.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I agree with Purple and I to am grateful to Archant for hosting this board. I must confess that allowing people like Katie to have multiple accounts is a shame but hey, it''s still a good board.[/quote]

Stap me, I am apparently right even when I don''t post on a thread. Now if only posters realised I was right about Brexit I wouldn''t have to keep on posting on that thread...

[quote user="Vanwink"]I agree with Purple and I to am grateful to Archant for hosting this board. I must confess that allowing people like Katie to have multiple accounts is a shame but hey, it''s still a good board.[/quote]

Stap me, I am apparently right even when I don''t post on a thread. Now if only posters realised I was right about Brexit I wouldn''t have to keep on posting on that thread...