Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Olsson to Besiktas?

Meanwhile, left-back Martin Olsson, who was at Euro 2016 with Sweden, could be a target for Turkish champions Besiktas.

Turkish

sports news agency, Sporx, report Olsson is on a watch list with

Manchester City’s Aleksandar Kolarov and San Lorenzo’s Argentine

left-back Emmanuel Mas. Olsson is out of contract at

Carrow Road in 2017. Sporx report initial contact could begin in the

coming days to recruit the 28 year old.

Not good enough for the Prem, too good for the Champs. Like a lot of our players.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Certainly good enough for the prem.[/quote]

Totally agree, but strangely not as good in the championship IMO.

Olsson is easily good enough for the prem. With him having 12 months left on his contract I would be amazed if a prem side didn''t come in for him. With his contract situation as it is how much do we get for him £5m ???

Toffolo struggled for game time on loan at Rotherham and league 1 Peterborough. He isn''t ready for starting week in week out for a side pushing for promotion.

Toffolo is just not good enough. At least at championship level we have a fast winger to replace Redmond (Murphy). We don''t have anyone to replace Olsson - unless we retain Brady.

I seem to recall he was dropped for some game this past season. That will not have helped his desire to stay here.

But I agree I would like him to stay

Has a certain inevitability about it leaving us with only one defender who should be in our starting eleven. But heyho will help us wind down the wage bill so we can find our level in the chumps.

His inability to track players and general poor positioning cost us quite a few times last year. Going forward, he''s fine. Defensively, he''s not good enough for the Prem.

Stupid sending off against Wolves showed his attitude to relegation in 2014. Pushing referee was calculated snub to Adams however under contract so had to stay. Sell him now for significant sum and replace with cheaper experienced cover with Toffolo acting back up.

Olsson is not the greatest defender you will see (something you could say about most of our defenders) but are we going to get a better left back? Hard to see it.

This time feels different to last time we were relegated. Last time our 3 prem seasons saw a strong squad stick around for the most part to get us back up. This time, it feels like we are dismantling the whole team if projected outgoings are to be true, and I just don''t see us as a team pushing for promotion next season but more likely consolidation.

Just my view. Other clubs will be in a much better position, including 2-3 championship clubs.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]This time feels different to last time we were relegated. Last time our 3 prem seasons saw a strong squad stick around for the most part to get us back up. This time, it feels like we are dismantling the whole team if projected outgoings are to be true, and I just don''t see us as a team pushing for promotion next season but more likely consolidation.

Just my view. Other clubs will be in a much better position, including 2-3 championship clubs.[/quote]
What projected outgoings? So far we''ve sold ONE player. Redmond.
You can probably say Redmond leaving. That''s two.
Who else? Klose? Even that''s at a push and that would only be three. Last time we came down we lost Fer & Snodgrass pretty quickly. 

I don''t see Olsson moving himself or his family to Istanbul where Besiktas are based now or in the future. The place is very dangerous at this time and it is a PKK hotbed!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]This time feels different to last time we were relegated. Last time our 3 prem seasons saw a strong squad stick around for the most part to get us back up. This time, it feels like we are dismantling the whole team if projected outgoings are to be true, and I just don''t see us as a team pushing for promotion next season but more likely consolidation. Just my view. Other clubs will be in a much better position, including 2-3 championship clubs.[/quote]

So what are these "projected outgoings" ?

Last time we had a comprehensive clear out. At the moment it looks like we''ll just be losing Redmond, Brady, maybe one other.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]This time feels different to last time we were relegated. Last time our 3 prem seasons saw a strong squad stick around for the most part to get us back up. This time, it feels like we are dismantling the whole team if projected outgoings are to be true, and I just don''t see us as a team pushing for promotion next season but more likely consolidation.

Just my view. Other clubs will be in a much better position, including 2-3 championship clubs.[/quote]
Who else? Klose? Even that''s at a push and that would only be three. Last time we came down we lost Fer & Snodgrass pretty quickly. 
[/quote]

Projected as in potential want aways, releasing players and linked players. I''ve seen clubs linked with Benno, Brady, Redmond obviously, Olsson, Howson, maybe Klose, not to mention likely moving Bass on O''Neil left and Laffs will go. We are overhauling a lot of the squad and I think it''ll disrupt the short term too much and we''ll take longer than a season to get back IMO.

Maybe Seattle, but in my view:
Olsson, Howson and probably Klose will stay.
Meaning Bassong, O''Neil and Laffs. Lafferty is irrelevant as he hasn''t got near the first team for a while. O''Neil really shouldn''t be our main CM with the one''s we have available and Bassong has had, slightly unfairly, a huge proportion of abuse and blame attributed to him.

It''s hard to pick out a player that played in our defence this past year that doesn''t have a truckload of criticism behind them.

Bassong is unfortunate as he is probably, technically, our next best defender defender after Timm Klose; his main con being that he occasionally will channel the spirit of Inspector Jacques Clouseau, often at the very worst moment possible.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]This time feels different to last time we were relegated. Last time our 3 prem seasons saw a strong squad stick around for the most part to get us back up. This time, it feels like we are dismantling the whole team if projected outgoings are to be true, and I just don''t see us as a team pushing for promotion next season but more likely consolidation. Just my view. Other clubs will be in a much better position, including 2-3 championship clubs.[/quote]

[/quote] Projected as in potential want aways, releasing players and linked players. I''ve seen clubs linked with Benno, Brady, Redmond obviously, Olsson, Howson, maybe Klose, not to mention likely moving Bass on O''Neil left and Laffs will go. We are overhauling a lot of the squad and I think it''ll disrupt the short term too much and we''ll take longer than a season to get back IMO.[/quote]

Sounds to me like an attempt to shoe-horn the facts to support your agenda. Clubs being "linked" with players means nothing, nor does a player like Lafferty going who''s not been a featured all last season.

I can''t see Olsson staying- he was very close to leaving last season near the deadline and I can''t see him being happy staying for another season in the Championship.

We''re in a bit of a tough spot in that we''ve got a bloated squad combined with the standard problem all teams have- those we want to get rid of are not attracting interest and those we want to keep are.

What agenda would that be mate? All I''m saying is the players that were in this position 2 years ago might not want to "go again" when they are being courted by other clubs. Seems logical to me.