Sign in to follow this  
willo

FAO Capital Canaries...

.. I saw on Twitter Ed Balls and Joe Ferrari attended their AGM last night, not seen any feedback, surely some juicy gossip came out of this????

I shall take it as no then, nothing said by the chairman and Press Officer of any note......

Capital Canaries always seem very good at making sure whatever was said at their meetings, stays at their meetings.

They wouldn''t be able to get the guests they do if everyone went shouting about it on the internet straight away afterwards.

A rare bastion of privacy and that is to be congratulated. Just wish I had the time to make one of the meetings so I could be party to the conversation.

(I also think if anything earth shattering was said it would be leaked, so most likely they both toed the party line and didn''t let anything slip out).

Couldn’t go Monday night or last year but before that I’ve managed to go to every one for quite a few years. Whoever has come down, (more often than not it was Doncaster or McNally leading the responses) they’ve been was very frank and answers given to questions as honestly as they possibly can in the knowledge that it won’t be lived tweeted or all answers appears that evening on an NCFC message board. It’s great they do that and as Bethnal Y+G says they wouldn’t come down if this wasn’t the case.

Last time I attended it was members only and we (the committee when I was on it) made sure we knew who was there.

And the line of questioning is polite + inquisitive. The only two times it has become, shall we say, less than that was the AGM immediately after the 1-7 in 2009 when McNally first met us and handled questions brilliantly and 06/07 pre-season when the board were defending their decision to retain Nigel Worthington’s services for the upcoming season.

It’s only around £12 to join and membership for the discounted travel to/from Norwich and the annual forum is great value.

Just an FYI Tim I tried to get in contact a couple of times (both via the website and then this forum) about joining and never got any response.

I don''t live in London anymore so won''t be looking to join but I was a bit underwhelmed.

King Canary,

A few changes at Capital Canaries this summer, keep checking the webpage for details on membership and away travel. I will be one of the organizers of away travel

Membership is still of value regardless of where you live, as long as you intend to make some journeys to away games from London. So from Norwich (albeit an early start for you) you would need to travel to London for further travel to Cardiff, Bristol, Brighton etc. The itinerary for trips are planned to be listed on capitalcanaries.co.uk,

Occasionally subsidised travel is offered and there is normally several others travelling so better than travelling alone.