Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Come on Wales??

Unreal!! Belgium, the Worlds second best team apparently! Well done you bhoyos!

I hated the whole plucky, passionate nation thing Wales were emphasising earlier in the tournament, but ''hats off'' that was some performance- team spirit personified! I only hope there are some seriously embarrassed England squad members watching on. I somehow doubt it though.

[quote user="Dereham Tifoso"]I hated the whole plucky, passionate nation thing Wales were emphasising earlier in the tournament, but ''hats off'' that was some performance- team spirit personified! I only hope there are some seriously embarrassed England squad members watching on. I somehow doubt it though.[/quote]

I agree with this, was swept along by the commitment showed by the Wales players, unlike... cough  you know, the team that lost to Coventry the week before.  Sorry, to a country with the same number of people as Coventry.

I''ll be watching tonight as a neutral, I just can''t handle getting involved and seeing the team I want to win go out, again.

It is tonight, isn''t it ?

Well done Wales, deservedly the best of the best of the home nations.

Two thoughts on the state of home nation’s football:

1) The Wales team celebrating England’s defeat by Iceland highlighted a big issue with their ambitions.  The rivalry seems more important than the chance of winning anything.  So it basically shows up our joint limitations.

2) I didn’t think I would say this but now it really makes sense to have a single Great Britain team.   

A few Welsh players would improve our overall chances and we could complete on a level playing field with the likes of Germany and France. 

Swansea and Cardiff play in our leagues so what is the problem?

We could also put a team in the Olympics.

Yep well done Wales, but cant say im disappointed theyre out.

Saying that, Portugal have somehow reached a final without really playing well all competition!

Glad they''re out. They wouldn''t want us in the final.

Has there ever been such a low quality semi final from two bang average teams? That england have beaten both recently sums it up.

Limited attacking intent from side, a lack of pace and creativity and simply dull. A set piece goal and a mis hit converted shot making the goals. Neither side truly deserve to grace a final and the two superstars ineffective.

A great britain team? Can only see the non english selections dropping to england players levels of apathy and arrogance.

[quote user="GJP"]Glad they''re out. They wouldn''t want us in the final.[/quote]
Exactly.

Depressing that England, in their first 3 games, looked better than either of those sides (aside from a chronic inability to finish).

Wales I thought looked like a top quality and very well-drilled championship side with Gareth Bale in it.  Then I heard the commentator talking about one of their substitutes playing for MK Dons and I realised why.  He then mentioned one of the Portuguese players had just moved to Bayern for £30m and it made it impressive Wales did as well as they have done.