Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Wales open top bus parade =

sorry, did I miss something, did they win something? Nope, I just checked the reports, they won nothing and didn''t make the final. This is about as tin pot as it gets.

I think England should hold one, good way to get rid of any old decaying fruit & veg.

They made the semi final of the first tournament they''ve qualified for in many years. They are a small country with no real history in football. Let them have their moment, doesn''t hurt you does it?

Its a bit tin pot but they deserve their moment. A lot more respect in going out to a team with Ronaldo in it rather than a team with a Charlton Athletic winger as their star man.

Not sure it''s a good idea to put your family snaps on this messageboard Til!

firststeps wrote the following post at 08/07/2016 5:28 PM:

sorry, did I miss something, did they win something? Nope, I just checked the reports, they won nothing and didn''t make the final. This is about as tin pot as it gets.

I think England should hold one, good way to get rid of any old decaying fruit & veg.

You may well think it''s tinpot OP, but for me it''s fantastic.👍

It''s about pride in the achievements of your Country, you don''t have to win a tournament to have made a great achievement.

Being a fellow City fan you should know all about celebrating a small victory over the big guys, it''s no different really.

Good luck to the boyos, pretty sad that England fans are so bitter. Would have rather been in France with Wales or Northern Ireland looked much more of a laugh than England. We stunk the tournament out on and off the pitch.

I''m not remotely bitter - England were dreadful and rightly lost - in fact IMO it is almost a relief when we don''t qualify. Wales did OK - but only actually beat one decent team, if that is really worth an open top bus parade then fine.

Celebrating and giving thanks for a fantastic tournament from a team of passionate players, regardless of the final outcome.VA team of overpaid w@nkers who fail to deliver time and time and time again.........

I know who I''d rather be aligned to.....

Great tournament for Wales so I guess that they deserve the parade-it''s all relative isn''t it? I''m just still totally peed off that we absolutely outclassed them, but then f***ed up against Iceland.

YellowFuture;

I''m all for celebrating an achievement, like a promotion. But just to win a few games and not actually achieve anything from them and then bring their capital to a standstill is embarrassing.

For you to compare the national Wales team to Norwich City is wide of the mark.

I''m not in the least embarrassed by it, I''d have been there singing the national anthem if I had been able. I''m really proud of what for us was a fantastic tournament, just seeing them in a tournament for the first time in my 58 years was a joy.

Just seen the article on the 10 o''clock new, completely over the top, one old boy said it was the proudest day of his life, that says it all really!!!

Any excuse for a good pi$$ up is a good excuse.