Sign in to follow this  
?

European League

https://next.ft.com/content/7af1f348-442b-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1

Sorry can''t do clicky.

Is this the beginnings of a European League that has been touted many times before. It seems the man behind this certainly has the finances. Similarly, could it spell the end of the Premier League as we know it and would it be a benefit to the lower teams (like ourselves) if the larger teams were not part of the top division? Interesting, and it opens up a lot of questions.

I''d be all for it. The prem is incredibly dull and stale. Same old teams winning it year on year (with the obvious exception of last season). Same old teams finishing in the European spots. Everybody else frightened to lose and with lofty ambitions of a mid table finish.

I''m not saying American sports are perfect, but if you look at the NBA/NFL - the salary cap, and draft structure means that everyone has at least one real star quality player, no team builds dynasties so things are always changing, new contenders for the title emerging etc. I know that wouldn''t translate to football due to the number of leagues etc that would need to implement the measures to support it, but surely there has to be a better way of doing things.