Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Dorrans has signed a new three-year

thats good news if we stay down for in champs for 3 years

if we go up he will not play and stuck with him for 2 years unless we sell

why are giving championship players new contracts !!

[quote user=" Badger"]Good news.[/quote]
Agreed he''s decent player, struggled in PL but then so did most of our team, a good option for us to have in the Championship.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]why are giving championship players new contracts !![/quote]
Because we''re in the Championship...? and we could be for 1, 2, 3 years.. who knows. Promotion is never guaranteed and it is sensible to plan for that future.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]thats good news if we stay down for in champs for 3 years

if we go up he will not play and stuck with him for 2 years unless we sell

why are giving championship players new contracts !![/quote]

That''s obvious! Delia likes the Championship that''s why we sign Championship players. If she liked the Premier League instead we would be signing the likes of Bonucci, Chiellini et al.

[quote user="Big Vince"]That''s obvious! Delia likes the Championship that''s why we sign Championship players.[/quote]Chase liked the Championship too. It was to be his final destination........

Yes, then he took the contents of Watling''s wallet and waddled off his sinking ship. Have we ever plummeted so far in such a short period of time?

Noooo! First Whitaker now Dorrans. Bloody hell, Champs for life now. All these washed up pro''s earning their pension money whilst in boot-iful Norfolk.

Clubs in crisis.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]That''s obvious! Delia likes the Championship that''s why we sign Championship players.[/quote]Chase liked the Championship too. It was to be his final destination........[/quote]

Chase never loved the Championship, but now Delia, she really truly loves the Championship. It fits with her small, rustic view of the world where decisions are made around the knotted oak table in the farmhouse kitchen.

If, as reported, other clubs were willing to pay a couple of million plus for him then I see this as a missed chance to top up our own transfer kitty.

Little in it, but I''d have preferred the money. We are quite blessed with mid-fielders and surely one of Mulumbu or Vadis is due to come off.

Dorrans did little of note last seaon after all ... although probably more than the two aforementioned.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Noooo! First Whitaker now Dorrans.[/quote]And all the new signings will be Scottish too. [:''(]

Another who looked classy in the championship and one I''m glad we''ve kept hold of.

With regards to the contract, a player will always want 3 years in our position because IF we get promoted they have 2 years of a undoubtedly higher wage. Agents will always do it but it''s just football. Could''ve ended up with oneill and Fletcher if we paid silly contract lengths

Good, sensible signing. Ultimately it is only +2 years on what he had; he''d have presumably had relatively little transfer value this summer being in the last year of his contract and I''d far prefer him with us than playing for a direct competitor (which is where he''d have ended up).

Solid player who knows the game. Capable of dictating play in the Championship - just wonder how much mental energy he has? All our players need to display a deep desire to win right from the very first match...

Vince, you''re seriously suggesting we should have signed Bonucci and Chiellini? Juventus have won Serie A 5 seasons in a row-just how the hell do you think we could have persuaded them to sign for us? You''re a massively pi$$ taking troll, please do yourself and us a favour and jog on.

my reason for saying this is only good in this league and not for a club pushing for the premier

is if we had cashed in used so of kitty we could have a up and coming midfielder WHO might be able to play EPL on the same money as dorrans

but now we have just signed for another 3 years a player who we knows can not play in the EPL thats not progress

Great news. In the championship he was a great asset and important in our push for promotion.

Also, AN publically stated he wantee to keep Dorrans so its nice to see the club have backed him rather than cashing in since theres clearly been interest from other clubs.

AN really believes players like Dorrans Whittaker Jerome R Martin etc really are going to do it for us again !

The Championship is a tough tough league and we need players who really want promotion willing to go extra mile

The complete lack of ambition in this club staggers me as we approach the pre season friendlies with no fresh blood relying on same old team . I really assumed there would be a complete clean out after last season instead we reward last seasons failures with new contracts and ask them to go again for promotion which effectively is like getting turkeys to vote for Christmas.

[quote user="CJ"]AN really believes players like Dorrans Whittaker Jerome R Martin etc really are going to do it for us again !

The Championship is a tough tough league and we need players who really want promotion willing to go extra mile

The complete lack of ambition in this club staggers me as we approach the pre season friendlies with no fresh blood relying on same old team . I really assumed there would be a complete clean out after last season instead we reward last seasons failures with new contracts and ask them to go again for promotion which effectively is like getting turkeys to vote for Christmas.[/quote]

What''s not to like?   Ensuring we keep proven players at this level - not just proven, but proven and experienced at getting us promotion.   We will do well to keep the core of the squad that got us promotion last time.   We have lost Grabban, Hooper O''Neill, Redmond and Johnson from the last promotion season and gained  Jarvis, Klose, Pinto and Naismith.  If we keep Brady (which I doubt, but we could) I suggest that we are still going to be strong for next season.  We will undoubtedly sign one or two more players, plus having the added benefit of the Murphys being ready to contribute more this time. We will never be good enough for some, I know, but keeping the core of our squad together is of the things that will ensure we have a good crack at getting back up again.   

Dorrans will do well this year for us, not for a competitor. We have a solid squad plus a decent group of young players who could feature this season: the Murphys, Toffolo, Maddison, Thompson, Morris and hopefully Canos as well. Yes we still need a striker or two, but we''re not far off.

Dorrans have never impressed for Norwich. Wasn''t even a starter during the promotion in 2014/15. It was strange to even sign him after the loan period. And even stranger to extend the contract now. Has done absolutely nothing to deserve a new contract extension. It''s the same about the contract extension to Whittaker. Nowhere near the first team for large parts of the season. In his posiotion we have Russell Martin and Ivo Pinto. Both Whittaker and Dorrans shouldn''t have been the players to rely on. Money used on them should have been used to try new things. If the goal for next season is promotion in competiotion with Newcastle and Aston Villa to name a few, these players should have been rid of. Frustrating piece of business from their fellow scottish manager Alex Neil to extend these players contracts.