Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Preseason v Walsall

Just getting under way

First 45 XI vs @WFCOfficial : Ruddy; Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Thompson; Naismith, Odjidja, Andreu, Jo. Murphy, van Wolfswinkel, Morris.

You do rather expect RVW to be the one ''knocked off'' the ball!

Second 45 XI: Rudd; Godfrey, Crowe, Klose, Toffolo; Mulumbu, Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Maddison, Cantwell; Jerome.

I noticed that Lapps/Branston - apparently Ricky''s been working out of late! I think that can only be a positive 👍

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 09 Jul 2016 1:28 PM:

1-0, Bennett - Josh seems to be getting a lot of mentions

I''m thinking that he knows that this might be his last chance of gaining a foothold into the regular team. If not, he''s most likely to look elsewhere a la Canos.

Walsall equalise as Vassell heads into the net from a set-piece.Rudd out! We''re doomed! Blah, blah, blah! [:@][;)]

Our defence does look rather weaker for the second 45 - no Martin in either side; I guess we have four guys still absent from the euros including Olsson and Brady.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Our defence does look rather weaker for the second 45 - no Martin in either side; I guess we have four guys still absent from the euros including Olsson and Brady.[/quote]

Am I being really stupid when I ask who the fourth is?

[quote user="Alex "]2-1 Jerome, well on top now and sounds like Dorrans is having a bit of a game 👍[/quote]

Can we watch it? If not do you reckon highlights may be on YouTube over the coming days?

Goals just gone up on the club''s Twitter account.

Got to say, WHAT a finish from Cam! Took me a minute to work out who it was due to the giant afro, but it really was a class finish!

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC

The 2-1 result of course has no importance, but for both teams a chance to dust down the cobwebs and start playing against an opposition. For City looks like Alex had a decent amount of young ones in the mix, thats never a bad thing of course. Really hope we do add 1 or 2 new faces thru the course of pre season, but it feels good the new season beginnings are under way on the pitch.

Really intrigued to find out which pricey striker we''ll be after. We had Grabban and Hooper last time round complimenting Jerome ... who will come in that department???

No rumours, of any kind, yet ...

Would like Kodija but Bristol appear to have grand ambitions themselves.

A good run out against decent standard opposition is what was needed, and seems to have been delivered; as ever the result is pretty irrelevant but it''s always good to get a winning habit

It''s nice to see so many young lads brought into the first team. I guess we will find out which ones are really going to be involved when they go on tour. I don''t imagine they all will go but hopefully a fair few of them get a chance to show what they can do. By my count we had 10 (matthews, crowe, godfrey, toffolo, thompson, maddison, josh murphy, jacob murphy, morris and cantwell) all play and 2 (lewis and grant) that didn''t but have obviously been in and around the squad. Makes a nice change

This Walsall blog has a much better account of the game for those interested.

http://www.bescotbanter.net/2016/07/pre-season-report-walsall-1-norwich.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bescotbanterfeed+%28Bescot+Banter%29

Great to see Cantwell involved so soon. Talking about stunning goals, his goal v Hull was nominated for under 18 goal of the season. Should have won, he made it from nothing.

With him, Maddison and possibly Canos it is difficult to not be excited about the future of the club.

[quote user="lappinitup"]19 - van Wolfswinkel knocks Rico Henry off the ball to win a throw.I''m shocked! [:S]

[/quote]Shocked at him playing Lapps or shocked he knocked somebody off the ball ? I was shocked he knocked someone off the ball but not at all shocked to see him playing as Lafferty must be on his Euros hols and with Bamford and Mbokani returned to sender poor old Cameron is desperately short of mates to play up front.