Sign in to follow this  
Essjayess

£20 million Brady

According to the Mirror, Norwich have slapped a 20 mill pound fee for Brady, that has ended Leicester''s interest in him. If true, seem like City are a little keen to keep him on the books!

[quote user="Essjayess"]According to the Mirror, Norwich have slapped a 20 mill pound fee for Brady, that has ended Leicester''s interest in him. If true, seem like City are a little keen to keep him on the books![/quote]Or keen to force West Ham''s hand....

Indeed morty. As good as Brady is, 20 million is a serious amount of dosh, even West Ham may think nah...but who knows how much credence there is to the Mirror report anyway.

As well we should do Brady is quality and to be honest I was annoyed that Redmond didnt go for more, some of our players and good and we should value them as such...Jordan Ibe to Bournemouth for 15 million he is nowhere near Brady or Redmond.

£20m for Brady....

what a world we live in.

But even in today''s market surely that is too much for someone who is good but not great and definitely not special.

Good for us, fed up with seeing our players go on the cheap - it''s 2016 and that''s the market price. Had no problem with Redmond moving on as he showed loyalty by sticking with us and helping promotion last time around rather than just jumping ship after 12 months of being here, would hope Robbie would do the same but I have a feeling we''ve seen the last of him in a yellow shirt unfortunately. Still keeping my fingers crossed on Canos, have had a couple of Brentford supporters remark on my Facebook that he''s a ''wonderful player'' and ''class'' so that''s good enough for me 👍

Well it is about time we looked after ourselves. If any prem club thinks he is that good, then they will pay it. Unfortunately for Brady he still has two years of his three year contract he was quick to sign last season, to run. And furthermore he has two relegations on his cv, and had a very mediocre season last season!

Agreed, we gave away Redmond for the PL equivalent of a bag of crisps. Let''s not make that mistake again. The imperative this season is one, or even two, new strikers. That should cost north of the £20m quoted.

Redmond was a couple of million too cheap by comparison with other transactions this Summer.

I actually feel that NA is more of a game changer than Brady and that he could well advance fiurther and excel at St. Mary''s.

Brady''s profile is high after the Euros and he has a longer contractual commitment, but I feel that £15m is a realistic ceiling given today''s market and the and these factors.

I agree with the above re: a marquee striker.

Strengthening our striking options has to be a priority and we need a couple of new faces in attack, ideally one established (our most expensive signing of the Summer) and a youngster with promise such as this Zach Clough who has been in our news.

It is really stretching it a bit to hope that RVW finally comes good even at Chumps level, but there will always remain that niggling doubt about this player, based really upon the question that could he really have been that bad.

I, personally, would jump at the chance of Mbokani coming back as our number one striker, but this is probably as unrealistic as Ricky hitting the Carrow Road nets at regular intervals.

I remain hopeful that our scouts have unearthed a gem from abroad who could turn out to be our Benteke (or even Lukaku.)

I''m guessing that our January ''gamble'' included not inserting a relegation clause in the Naismith and Klose contracts (hence their apparently being happy to stay), so I''m sure the above is posturing as we''ll probably have to sell.

£14m as a headline figure seems fair and realistic to me for a player who had a very average second half of the season.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I''m guessing that our January ''gamble'' included not inserting a relegation clause in the Naismith and Klose contracts (hence their apparently being happy to stay), so I''m sure the above is posturing as we''ll probably have to sell.

£14m as a headline figure seems fair and realistic to me for a player who had a very average second half of the season.[/quote]

Agree it''s just setting the figure high to make sure when they negotiate they get the figure they actually want, while at the same time leaving room for the stupid panic bid.

Sensible move by the club.

Redmond was sold because he only had a year left on his contract and the fee reflects that.

We may end up selling Brady for less than £20m but it makes people realise they''ll be looking at £15m + .  Definitely a good thing.

IMO, this is so refreshing, all those scaremongers wondering how we would survive without McNally, this shows how to set your stall out, of course we wont get £20m (but it is football, so anything can happen) but £14-£15m so either Mr Stone has got Balls or Mr Balls has got Stone face, either way lets play hardball.

[quote user="GJP"]£20m for Brady....

what a world we live in.

But even in today''s market surely that is too much for someone who is good but not great and definitely not special.[/quote]
But worth remembering the two most interested parties seem to be those challenging the top 6 of the prem, which suggests they think he is very good.

Agree with Cantiaci and FCC - if Ibe and McCormack are worth 15 million, Brady has to be worth nearer 20 million.Re Fuzzar and absence of relegation clause in the Naismith and Klose contracts- if this is true, it still would not necessitate a sale. Obviously I have no idea of the real figures but lets say that the absence of a relegation clause means that it costs us an extra £20,000 per player - I think a two million pound gamble* on keeping these two is well worth taking!

(*20,000 x 50 x 2)

About time we stood up for ourselves. In comparison:-

Ibe £15m

Musa £15m

Mane £30m+

Tomkins £10m (!!)

Roofe £3m (a L2 player for heavens sake)

£20 million should be an absolute minimum if we are looking to sell.

A minimum of £20m for a player who only had an average season by Prem standards and is prone to giving the ball away cheaply.

Please let it happen.

Perhaps the £20m is a figure from which we will come down after negotiation, and it mat be that Leicester cheekily thought that they could get a real bargain by enticing the player with Champions League opportunity.

In fact the Leicester bid was surely well below that required for a man who was outstanding at the Euros, bearing in mind what some transfer fees have emerged this summer for players never likely to to hit the headlines.

One of the consequences of TV money, etc., is that Prem teams, and especially those who have a long presence, is that transfer sums are on a rising trend.

Good to hear and a sensible figure to start at, guess Steve Stone whilst he''s in charge of the cash is going to be as hard as driving a good deal as David McNally was.

One of the stars of the Euro''s, young, versatile, plenty of PL experience and a very good left foot (which is a premium in itself) Worth every penny of £20m in today''s market for PL clubs who are wallowing in cash just now.

Leicester are set to pull out of talks for Ireland midfielder Robbie Brady after being frightened off by Norwich''s £20m asking price, reports the Irish Mirror.

A player with premier league experience. Internationally capped. Young enough to get better end better. Some teams may go abroad for a player who may or may not be cheaper but Brady is less of a risk so teams will be interested but don''t forget the consultants who are managing our transfers will take their slice.

Hope RB signed on 4 year contract. If 3 years will have year left in 2017 and go on the cheap a la Redmond. And Brady will be motivated to perform for next season to get out of champs and not sulking due to not moving to Prem. Another reason for not signing new faces due to meeting Brady''s salary.

Lets see some strikers to come in to benefit from Brady delivery. Olsson move gone quiet.

[quote user="GJP"]A minimum of £20m for a player who only had an average season by Prem standards and is prone to giving the ball away cheaply.

Please let it happen.[/quote]
To be fair the Euro''s has probably adjusted other clubs views a bit more in our favour.