Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Andy Murray

What a performance over the last two weeks. Never took his eye off the ball for a second.   Almost the total focus. An example to sportsmen and women everywhere.  Possibly the hardest kind of tournament to win, especially for a Brit, but from start to finish of the two weeks it was clear he was going to be the person that wanted it most.  Just brilliant.  

Dont care for Andy Murray. This is not football related. This should be moved somewhere else for everyone to ignore. Like Glasgow. Mind you, as he won, his mum said he can eat out tonight

I think hes looked the best he ever has this past year. He must be the best returner of serve in the world, probably ever.

Whilst not great from Raonic to end up winning the point on a Raonic 147mph serve is absolute quality.

Watched murray in all his big tournaments over the past year and hes even adapting to other surfaces well.

And youre right LDC, hes a good example of hard work and dedication on top of natural ability pushing yourself into the worlds elite.

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 10/07/2016 9:06 PM:

An awesome achievement, by an awesome sportsman, DJC don''t get your point ? can''t you appreciate sporting achievement.

We''ve got so many world class British sportsmen surely we can afford to be choosey about which ones we like Lessingham.🤔

And yes he is fantastic, has worked so hard at his game, delighted for him.

Id argue that the likes of Djokovic and Agassi were much better returners in the all time stakes, but totally agree that Murray has improved hugely over the past year or so, I think getting over that back problem he had was a major boost for him and he''s come on leaps and bounds since. A well deserved win for him yesterday, by far the best and most consistent player at the tournament this year :)

I don''t think there''s much between him and Djokovic ability wise but Djokovic is insanely consistent and never seems to make a mistake. The No.1 spot is there for Murray if he works hard enough. Now that he''s won titles and won Wimbledon twice you''d hope the pressure''s off Murray for the rest of his career and he can improve more.

I don''t care if he''s not English. I love Scotland and camp up there twice a year. I agree with their politics much more than in England so I can fully support him. This tournament was a bit of a damp squib but after so many years of watching try-hards like Henman it''s so, so good to watch a Brit excel in this sport

Alfie Hewett is the guy we should really be celebrating on this thread.

Fantastic achievement against the odds.

Well done?👍