Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Delia Sets New Club Record

Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger are the only directors in the history of the club to achieve 4 relegations.

No doubt Dunston Hall has been booked for a gala pre-season reception to celebrate this unique club record and no doubt also all the numpties and clappy happers will be out in force.

This record will take some beating, but the junior Smith is only 3 behind so there may be some family jostling as the senior pair try to stay 3 ahead whilst young Tommi learns his apprenticeship in trap door artistry.

Heaven help us when he is eventually let loose on us. As I understand, he helped the last govt into a £35bn black hole at the MoD.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger are the only directors in the history of the club to achieve 4 relegations.

No doubt Dunston Hall has been booked for a gala pre-season reception to celebrate this unique club record and no doubt also all the numpties and clappy happers will be out in force.

This record will take some beating, but the junior Smith is only 3 behind so there may be some family jostling as the senior pair try to stay 3 ahead whilst young Tommi learns his apprenticeship in trap door artistry.

Heaven help us when he is eventually let loose on us. As I understand, he helped the last govt into a £35bn black hole at the MoD.[/quote]That''ll set the cat among the happy clappers............[;)]

Do they also hold the record as longest owners?

It would be interesting to see some stats/proof behind this record, as in my lifetime we''ve had a hell of a lot of relegations compared to many!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Do they also hold the record as longest owners?

It would be interesting to see some stats/proof behind this record, as in my lifetime we''ve had a hell of a lot of relegations compared to many![/quote]

Mr Watling served as a director for some 29 years, but may not have been the largest shareholder for all that time.

Football and the finances involved are the same as they''ve always been. Smith and her husband totally haven''t had to deal with completely different financial circumstances at all. Promotion is also a given for us, we''re far too big for the Championship so only the relegations count

Chase in

[quote user="If wed only kept Howie.."]Big "Binner" Vince... you aren''t fit to eat Delia''s sh1t...

which should could probably make into a nice cake.

But you still won''t be fit to eat it.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Big Vince"]Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger are the only directors in the history of the club to achieve 4 relegations.

Heaven help us when he is eventually let loose on us. As I understand, he helped the last govt into a £35bn black hole at the MoD.[/quote]
Vinny you big girls blouse! Back in the day when us fans were fans and men were men we stood up to failure. Even the disabled among us went wheel to hoof with the police horses in order to remove Big Bad Bob. I remember one big old boy comparing him to Hitler. To be fair I thought that was a bit harsh. But although there were only 14,000 of us we were passionate and those sort of things got said. These days it seems you protesters aren''t men anymore. In your 28,000 crowds you''re like sheep and too idle to get off your big fat vinny derrieres. You get it too easy with your padded seats and meal deals. Show some gumption Vinny boy. Man up! Make some banners and stickers, hire out St Andrews Hall and stop being such a jessy!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Big Vince"]Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger are the only directors in the history of the club to achieve 4 relegations.

Heaven help us when he is eventually let loose on us. As I understand, he helped the last govt into a £35bn black hole at the MoD.[/quote]
Vinny you big girls blouse! Back in the day when us fans were fans and men were men we stood up to failure. Even the disabled among us went wheel to hoof with the police horses in order to remove Big Bad Bob. I remember one big old boy comparing him to Hitler. To be fair I thought that was a bit harsh. But although there were only 14,000 of us we were passionate and those sort of things got said. These days it seems you protesters aren''t men anymore. In your 28,000 crowds you''re like sheep and too idle to get off your big fat vinny derrieres. You get it too easy with your padded seats and meal deals. Show some gumption Vinny boy. Man up! Make some banners and stickers, hire out St Andrews Hall and stop being such a jessy!
[/quote]If he wants St Andrews Hall number just let me know. [;)]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Do they also hold the record for promotions?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Multiple promotions don''t count in Vince''s Book because every promotion only serves to correct a previous relegation failure, eg. 2009/10 corrected 2008/09. Promotions only have lasting value if you stay in the higher league. Delia has never got a foothold in the highest league so the multiple promotions become meaningless and only serve to accentuate the numerous relegation failures.

Vince has spoken.

Nutty is right Vinnie, back in the day we protested,but i suppose it was because we didn''t have the internet to whine on. Organise a protest Vinnie and be more proactive than a whinging schoolgirl.

Big V could always go along to the NCFSC forum on 22nd and have his say to the acting CEO but then again posters like him never ever show their face when such opportunities come along. FACT.

I''ve never lived in Norfolk, and for many years the only news I received on matters behind the scenes at Carrow Road was from the national press. I was bemused by O''Neill''s resignation in December 95 and it was many years later that I learned that his exit was precipitated by Chase''s refusal to fund the purchase of Dean Windass.

I was convinced then, and remain convinced now, that if O''Neill had stayed with us we would have gone straight back up and I think we would have gone from strength to strength under O''Neill and subsequent managers.

So Chase was forced out soon after, and Delia and Michael came on board very soon after that-but it looks like the financial situation was anything but rosy.

I''ve no doubt that Chase achieved a great deal for NCFC, a fact that was acknowledged when he was voted in to the Hall of Fame, but to say that his reign was a complete success is surely distorting the truth.

Perhaps one of the old faithful on here, maybe Nutty Nigel, Ricardo, Lapps or Til could give us a flavour of what Chase was really like?

Speaking of these elder statesmen, they seem to have moved on from the Chase era. This club that we support may provide joy and despair, and perhaps not in equal measure, but they are always on here regardless. They seem to still enjoy being part of Norwich City.

As for Big Vince, I''m afraid you seem to be living in the past and appear to be unable to see that football has changed from the era you clearly still cling to. Very sad.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Perhaps one of the old faithful on here, maybe Nutty Nigel, Ricardo, Lapps or Til could give us a flavour of what Chase was really like?[/quote]Happy to help Mr A...........http://twohundredpercent.net/100-owners-number-78-robert-chase-norwich-city/[/quote]

A fair report on the Chase era, one error is that Andy Townsend left us to go to Chelsea and not Villa.

The Chris Sutton transfer summed up the Chase era. He promised thst if Sutton wasn''t here at the start of the next season neither would he but Chris got sold and Bob stayed. Later (much later) it was revealed that the club banked only £800,000 from the £5M English record transfer.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]The Chris Sutton transfer summed up the Chase era. He promised thst if Sutton wasn''t here at the start of the next season neither would he but Chris got sold and Bob stayed. Later (much later) it was revealed that the club banked only £800,000 from the £5M English record transfer.[/quote]Chris Sutton''s version.......http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/chris_sutton_lifts_the_lid_on_his_norwich_city_exit_1_1080065

Thanks for that Lapps, a good read. So he presided over arguably our most sucessful period, we consistently sold players for more than we paid for them, yet the coffers were empty when he was forced out. I very much doubt that you could do that now.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Big V could always go along to the NCFSC forum on 22nd and have his say to the acting CEO but then again posters like him never ever show their face when such opportunities come along. FACT.[/quote]

Big Vince will still be on holiday on the 22nd, but he is more than happy to attend the next available forum and certainly can''t wait until the next AGM! Is there anything lined up in between?

Look forward to meeting you at the AGM unless of course you are one of those posters who decline from meeting fellow posters and shaking hands whilst chatting over a beer. Many do it believe it or not and there is no requirement to drink in The Nelson or be a member of the Inner Circle. [;)]