Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

What we need

In my humble opinion we need a CB, 2 strikers, RM (Redmonds replacement) and a GK along with a number of fringe (at best) players moved on, players I see no point in having even in the squad as they are clearly not deemed good enough or wanted for example just to name a few, Andreu, McGrandles, Thompson (both I believe are 21/22 so not really just kids), RVW, Lafferty, Turner etc. We might also need a number of other positions filled if we are to sell the likes of Brady (quite likely) and others mentioned, Ollson, Bennett. Now I know in a perfect world we wouldn''t want to have a total clear out and rebuild the entire squad but honestly how many of the 30 odd man squad (excluding the likes of say Maddison) would you want/put into the starting 11/bench or retain as squad players? Personally I could lose 10-15 no problem harsh though that might seem. Well I know there are 4 weeks still before the season starts but so far we have sold Redmond and brought no-one and pre season games have already started and you need to give new players time to gel and settle in. I await with bated breath in hope that we sort this out sooner rather than later because fresh faces are definitely needed.

We really missed a trick with Barton going to Rangers. He could have been given a platform at the club and really got us going straight off the bat. I believe we need a mixture of experience and youth, harmonised as one unit. Scott Parker would be my marquee signing, plus 3 other more youthful player who are currently on my books, who unfortunately I can''t mention due to my contractual obligations.

Your quite right but still nothings changed and at what point will start to worry?

... some better quality trolling. Very poor standard fayre on here atm. Where''s Waveney when you need them?

[quote user="Ernie"]In my humble opinion we need a CB, 2 strikers, RM (Redmonds replacement) and a GK along with a number of fringe (at best) players moved on, players I see no point in having even in the squad as they are clearly not deemed good enough or wanted for example just to name a few, Andreu, McGrandles, Thompson (both I believe are 21/22 so not really just kids), RVW, Lafferty, Turner etc. We might also need a number of other positions filled if we are to sell the likes of Brady (quite likely) and others mentioned, Ollson, Bennett. Now I know in a perfect world we wouldn''t want to have a total clear out and rebuild the entire squad but honestly how many of the 30 odd man squad (excluding the likes of say Maddison) would you want/put into the starting 11/bench or retain as squad players? Personally I could lose 10-15 no problem harsh though that might seem. Well I know there are 4 weeks still before the season starts but so far we have sold Redmond and brought no-one and pre season games have already started and you need to give new players time to gel and settle in. I await with bated breath in hope that we sort this out sooner rather than later because fresh faces are definitely needed.[/quote]Amazing just amazing.

If you think shifting 10-15 under contracted players is that easy then you don''t know football. You have to find clubs who want these players, can come up with the money to take these players, offer these players the money for them to want to leave a good wage at Norwich. You can''t just cancel someones contract, well you kind of can but you end up paying off the rest of there contract or come to an agreement between club and player on how much of the remainder of there contract you are going to pay them. Not easy at all.

Good thing you''re not a Norwich scout then! Whichever major FL72 club you "scout" for, recommend Parker and tell em to make him the marquee signing. You sir, are a football genius

I think we''ve had twin problems of players who''ve moved here and hardly played, and players who should be moving on but are given new contracts/extentions. Either way, too much money is getting flushed down the toilet.

Check my posts from last season - I correctly predicted we would go down. Unfortunately we did. I say it how it is.

[quote user="True Grit"]Check my posts from last season - I correctly predicted we would go down. Unfortunately we did. I say it how it is.[/quote]Not particularly difficult to predict though really was it - bit like saying I predict it will be dark at 10pm this evening - no one really gives a flying f*ck what you think anyway particularly after the pompous thread you started earlier.

[quote user="True Grit"]Check my posts from last season - I correctly predicted we would go down. Unfortunately we did. I say it how it is.[/quote]You were not the only one but some on here get very very touchy about opinions.

Predicting a newly promoted club to get relegated is hardly an insight. Think a lot of football fans would''ve predicted that.