Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

O.T. Gazza..... So Sad,Tragic And Really Beyond Words.

It was reported a few years ago that Gazza had been diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome. This would have helped account for the drinking/drug use that sometimes accompanies the disorder, but for some reason seems to have got lost in the last few years'' of media coverage.I''d have to wonder if some of Gazza''s past alcohol rehabilitation and psychiatric interventions have acknowledged and tried to address the Tourettes diagnosis. I fear that it has been ignored or otherwise disregarded, and therefore past treatment hasn''t been as effective as it could have been.

I wouldn''t be surprised if the same people who were handily placed to take the pictures had supplied the drink in the first place.

Not more deserving of sympathy but naturally a bit more high profile. I know of people who''ve died due to drinking and it is horrible both for them and their family. I can''t imagine any of them though would have wanted their experiences luridly documented in tabloid newspapers.

@ dale, I''m sorry to hear about your daughters illness. That''s absolutely awful. I can see how this would alter your point of view too. Having never experienced anything like that myself it''s impossible to put myself in your position.

I do agree that Gazza doesn''t have many changes left. I''m fairly sure we''ll all wake up one day soon to the news we all expect to hear. Shame.

Of course it''s sad - tragic is the right word. But it''s worth noting there''s thousands like him who haven''t been offered close to the rehab and support he has and who, if offered an olive branch, might grab it with both hands and feet rather than what Gazza has done. 
Having never dealt with the issues personally or with anyone particularly close to me i''m coming from a slightly unemotional viewpoint but i can see what Daly is saying - it''s difficult to comprehend unless you''re in the same position.

Sorry to have gone over the top re Gazza who was a talented footballer who would walk into the present England side but it does not alter the fact he like George Best have had numerous chances to change their ways. Their is a guy who lives very close to me who was a complete axsxhole who drank himself senseless on a regular basis. 10 months ago he told me that the doctor had given him 6 months if he continued drinking. He stopped the next day and hasn''t had a drop since he''s now one of the nicest guys you could ever meet So you''ve got to want to stop, I guess all the hangers on do not help his cause

[quote user="Mr Angry"]WTF was the taxi driver doing, letting him go out that anyway?[/quote]

You can absolutely bet your bottom dollar that it was he that alerted reporters once the booking came in - nice little pay day on top of his earnings for the ''service''.

Gazza has been regularly in and out of a local mental hospital in Poole called St Ann''s where my friends daughter often looks after him - Gazza''s a popular chap there.