Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Update from True Grit

Hey everybody,

sorry I''ve been away for a year or so - I was headhunted for a scouting job at a major FL72 club and its been taking up a lot of my time.

There are a number of excellent prospects on my books at the moment, cant really say much as I would breach my contract but rest assured its a pretty exciting time for the club im working for (which I also cant mention).

In terms of Norwich, once again im worried - last season I predicted that unless we signed gritty, work-horses, willing to put everything they have on the line, we would get relegated - unfortunately that prediction was right. I have a number of players on my books which would fit the mould of the team now we are in the championship - unfortunately, it would be a conflict of interest if I were to recommend these individuals to Alex, but I wish him the best of luck for the forthcoming season. I will be at the Lowestoft game this evening, so please don''t hesitate to introduce yourselves and say Hi.

[quote user="True Tit"]Hey everybody,

sorry I''ve been away for a year or so - I was headhunted for a scouting job at a major FL72 club and its been taking up a lot of my time.

There are a number of excellent prospects on my books at the moment, cant really say much as I would breach my contract but rest assured its a pretty exciting time for the club im working for (which I also cant mention).

In terms of Norwich, once again im worried - last season I predicted that unless we signed gritty, work-horses, willing to put everything they have on the line, we would get relegated - unfortunately that prediction was right. I have a number of players on my books which would fit the mould of the team now we are in the championship - unfortunately, it would be a conflict of interest if I were to recommend these individuals to Alex, but I wish him the best of luck for the forthcoming season. I will be at the Lowestoft game this evening, so please don''t hesitate to introduce yourselves and say Hi.[/quote]Did you run into Tom Cavendish on your travels? [:)]

[quote user="True Grit"]Hey everybody, sorry I''ve been away for a year or so - I was headhunted for a scouting job at a major FL72 club and its been taking up a lot of my time. There are a number of excellent prospects on my books at the moment, cant really say much as I would breach my contract but rest assured its a pretty exciting time for the club im working for (which I also cant mention). In terms of Norwich, once again im worried - last season I predicted that unless we signed gritty, work-horses, willing to put everything they have on the line, we would get relegated - unfortunately that prediction was right. I have a number of players on my books which would fit the mould of the team now we are in the championship - unfortunately, it would be a conflict of interest if I were to recommend these individuals to Alex, but I wish him the best of luck for the forthcoming season. I will be at the Lowestoft game this evening, so please don''t hesitate to introduce yourselves and say Hi.[/quote]

You need to talk to Etty Smith, she does all our scouting.

You need to work on making your persona a lot more realistic.For example - no one in football would describe a club as ''a major FL72 club''. The only people who talk like that are people who sit at home all night with their pants around their ankles flicking the TV between Sky Sports News and Babestation.

Is True Grit ''T'' in another guise? They both seem delusional!

[quote user="morty"]I don''t remember you, are you one of those amusing parody accounts?[/quote]

As you can see, ive been a member since 2007, so no.

[quote user="True Grit"]I will be at the Lowestoft game this evening, so please don''t hesitate to introduce yourselves and say Hi.[/quote]I was told Wiz wanted to see this game as it''s on his doorstep.Unfortunately, there''s no stream............

[quote user="True Grit"] I will be at the Lowestoft game this evening, so please don''t hesitate to introduce yourselves and say Hi.[/quote]Please wear a name badge with the name '' Walter Mitty '' on it to avoid confusion.

Morty, True Grit bored the pants off us all this time last year, you were lucky not to have come across him before. Tries too hard.

[quote user="Pompey Canary"]Look forward to meeting your acquaintance at Lowie tonight the Waveney valleys premier team[/quote]

You probably know already but tonight''s game has been called off, due to an unsuitable playing surface. I had feared this may happen, as I noticed a large amount of surface water when driving through the south of the county earlier (Ditchingham.) Hopefully it can be rescheduled, but unlikely.