Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Promoted Cast Offs

With the three newly promoted clubs being linked with a whole host of players I wonder if their might be some good players forced out who could become available for Norwich?

Looking through the squads a few potential players caught my eye...

Harry Maguire- center back, highly thought off a couple of years ago but hasn''t really kicked on.

James Tarkowski- only signed in January but didn''t manage to push out Mee or Keane- if they sign another center back he surely won''t want to be 4th choice?

David Nugent/Jordan Rhodes- both strikers, both proven at this level. I know Boro paid a lot for Rhodes not long ago but if they do bring in Negredo could he find himself out of the first team? Bit of a long shot though...

I''ve forwarded your suggestion to our scouting team (Tom Cavendish, Etty Smith, True Grit & Tony Spearing) I''ll let you know if there''s any responses.

Appreciate that TC. I never know who the right person to send my 18 page reports (all written in blue crayon) is.

Do you have an address for them all?

I''ve always wanted Rhodes.i just feel we could get some real poetic justice from him if you know what I mean.

Now he''s in the prem though I''m guessing he''d want to stay and try and get his place.

A loan later on in the season might prove useful?

[quote user="king canary"]Appreciate that TC. I never know who the right person to send my 18 page reports (all written in blue crayon) is. Do you have an address for them all?[/quote]

Send an email to Tilly, he''ll pass it on to the contact he has at the club or the interim CE whichever he sees first.

@Buh

I could see him becoming available in January if Boro sign a striker or two and he can''t get in the first XI.

That''s my thinking as well. Especially if they sell big

Given his goal scoring record there will be competition to get his signature

I do wonder if he might turn into a bit of an Earnshaw type- brilliant in the championship but not good enough for the Premier League.

Could be totally wrong and he''ll have 8 goals for Boro by Christmas however.

You''d have to ask why they don''t think he is good enough for the Prem though.

No one came in for Rhodes apart from Boro last season and no Prem club has ever shown much interest in him. I find it so strange considering his goal scoring record, but think Canary King might be right. Another like Earnshaw or even Jerome - can score in the Champ but not in the Prem (potentially).

Seems strange to me as he seems the same as the other big championship strikers that have excelled in the prem after promotion like Ashton, Holt, Lambert, Austin etc.

Thought we might have been interested last season.