Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Sam Allardyce

Lol, why not! At this point I think we should go for a comedy appointment like big Sam.

I''d have gone for permit the frog personally. Those arms flailing around in the technical area, it''d be brilliant.

Par a few international teams who are blessed with great players throughout the team the best way to succeed is by being organised in defence and effective at set pieces.

This is how Portugal just won the Euros and it''s how Greece won the Euros. It is how Wales reached the semi-final.

While Allardyce isn''t my cup of tea, he will probably make a very effective international manager. I also think the FA are being wise in seeing that no manager in the world would be able to turn the current crop of England players into a good team by actually trying to play pretty, attacking football.

Anyway, it''s not like most international teams have particularly good managers - par Conte at Italy (who had already agreed to leave) who at the Euros had a manager you would really say is "World Class"?

I''d be happy with Sam. We''ve tried this ball retention passing malarky and it turns out we ain''t that good at it. Getting us organised and hard to beat is hardly gonna be a bad thing.

I also say give Big Sam (or Steve Bruce) a go, these guys won''t be forced or choose to pick players based on their club reputations. They also won''t be afraid to give the players a b0llocking if it is deserved.

Well qualified for beating up the oponents.

Will be the pride of the nation as he stands in his tracksuit moaning at the international ref.

If this is the best we can manage we really are in a sad state.

I have always considered that Big Sam was successful because he was able to simplify the art of management, whereas Old Mother Hodgson did the opposite.

It might therefore work out well for England, particularly with the present crop of youngsters.

It should be more fun than the last two cardboard cut-outs were able to provide at least.

Would have beaten Iceland if anyone of here was in charge, give it to Moyes, can you imagine a Scot taking England to a world cup final and then............................

He knows how to organise a team and get it to play to its strengths, as we know to our cost last season. I would be in favour.

I''d be happy with this showed he could manage world class player albeit at the end if there careers at Bolton, as for Hodgson anyone off the street with a passing interest in football could not have done a worse job at the euros I hope he gets booed at every ground he has the nerve to show his face at.... TOSSER !!!

I''d be happy with Big Sam, he''d be better than soggy old auntie Woy at putting some fire in the belly.