Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Sergi Canos

Finally its official!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/sergi-canos-norwich-city-liverpool-3183625.aspx

Right, who''s next!?

I''ve looked on Fulham''s, QPR''s and Bristol City''s fans sites and there are threads complaining that they''ve been outbid by Norwich and they can only look forward to a season fighting relegation.

This will sound ridiculous but I can''t remember the last player I''ve been so excited about signing. Huge potential, and no Liverpool cast off - he turned them down. Well done NCFC, very pleased!

Alex, I have just seen the highlights package in the EDP story - his goals and assists. It does look very encouraging!

My big question is: "Will he fulfill his defensive duties and track back in a way that that Redmond chappie never did?"

Vital.

Great signing and doesn''t looks like we''ve downgraded from Redmond, let''s hope he''s more consistent but his record for Brentford certainly suggests we ways in with goals and assists.

Quite excited about this one

[quote user="Paris aint German"]They couldn''t negotiate a buy back fee apparently, so no[/quote]It''s almost as if we''re managing to play hardball in negotiating transfers *without* McNally. That can''t be true can it? [:^)]

Good business imo, have a mate thats a brentford fan, he would have loved to have kept him.

Having played a season in the Champs ,at least he knows what to expect, good price too.

Finally the 1st new signing of this close season and looks a good un to. Always thought it may of been a bit hard to find a replacement for Redders , but looks like Alex and City have come good. Big bonus for me is he played a decemt amount last season at Brentford, so hes already well grounded about the Chamopionship.Welcome Sergi, may you enjoy your time as a Canary :)

Possibly not an upgrade this season, by the sounds of it from oppo fans he will hopefully be more consistent and will track back but maybe won''t be quite as good as Redmond was on one of his (Admittedly rare) good days like Watford/Wembley etc. He''s not quite as quick either but I''d say he has more potential.

Redmond has the potential to be the next Aaron Lennon/Jason Puncheon/Nathan dyer type decent lower Prem attacker but this guy could be a level up from that and end up back at a CL club.

Great signing overall, especially compared to how much we sold Redmond for.

Can''t see how anyone could be unhappy with this signing. Young, exciting, in a position at need and not too much money.

Great signing for us but those who think we are getting a better player than Redmond should probably adjust their expectations. After all, there were no 10m plus bids coming in for him from Premiership clubs..

Proven player and fills the gap left by Redmond leaving.  Will hopefully have competition from the Murphys as well as Jarvis, but on the face of it, a very good signing.  Exciting prospect and the right hand side is going to be a handful for all comers next season. 

[quote user="Move Klose"]Right winger ???[/quote]Yup, it''s his main position. Can play on the left and probably behind the striker too. I wonder if we''ll be signing another winger when Brady leaves. I think I''d be happy with Jarvis, Canos and the Murphy boys if the money was put into a pair of quality forwards.

My hope is that Canos will link well with both front players and the RB as well. Even if Brady leaves, we have Jarvis who can play on both flanks and Hoolahan and Naismith who can play WL as well as AM. Redmond had a similar age and experience when he arrived and settled in well. Hopefully Canos will do the same.

A very exciting propsect but we will need to give him time; he has yet to start more than 6 consecutive games, of his 38 appearance (of Brentfords 46) 20 were from the subs bench suggesting he is still a little inconsistent. 7 goals and 4 assists is a healthy return.

His 39th game was as a sub for liverpool in their last game of the season.

A touch of quality just where we need it; now for some class to support Jerome up top.