Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Sergi Canos

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Well I was told it will be finalised today or tomorrow. And when that turns out to be wrong I''ll let you know that it might be taking a bit longer.[/quote]

You heard it here first.

Are we going to need to upgrade the catering facilities at Colney with all these young and hungry players?

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 12/07/2016 6:49 PM:

Are we going to need to upgrade the catering facilities at Colney with all these young and hungry players?

Lots more Haribo.

Oooh I''m excited. I''ve been looking forward and hoping we''ll get this one done. Looks like lots of potential with a bit of a brain on him.

Not sure whether this has been posted ir not. All his goals and assists for Brentford last season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9QnY0diDsE

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 12/07/2016 7:56 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 12/07/2016 6:49 PM: Are we going to need to upgrade the catering facilities at Colney with all these young and hungry players? Lots more Haribo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scm3NCIH_E

😄 NCFC Board meeting?

He is in Norwich (or near to Norwich).

So it''s looking good.

Part of the story in the Indie:

"Norwich City have won the race to sign Liverpool’s Spanish teenager Sergi Canos for £2.5million.

Canos agreed a four-year deal at Carrow Road on Tuesday, choosing Alex Neil’s side over Bristol City, Fulham and Brentford, all of whom had made offers to sign the 19-year-old winger. Queen''s Park Rangers and Reading were also interested in the highly-rated Canos but could not meet Liverpool’s asking price."

Says he chose us as he considers we have the best promotion chance. Good news, though tbh we ought to be in a position to beat off interest from that list (even with our well known lack of ££).

[quote user="Alex "]Did you see him GJP?[/quote]

I did not. But my source is ITK, to say the least.

the only thing i don''t like about this deal is the buy back option ( as reported )

if he turns into a very good player liverpool can just buy him back at a snip of the price others will pay

so in effect liverpool are loaning him to us if they want him back at any time they just pay us the clause so we could be selling a player at half his worth to any other team

"the only thing i don''t like about this deal is the buy back option ( as reported )

if he turns into a very good player liverpool can just buy him back at a snip of the price others will pay."

Yes, a new twist in the big-boy tactics but I suppose we had little choice and if he has a significant presence in a promotion push then it will prove to be a correct concession.

I''m very happy about this and Sergio plus some £7m+ in the bank helps soothe the sorrow of losing young Nathan.

In some ways a buy back isn''t much different to a percentage sell on deal, either way we won''t get all the money as and when he moves on. Perhaps the delay is because we''re making sure we get a good deal out of this.

Does anyone know if the buy back clause comes with a price, eg like a release clause valuation, or is it just a first option to buy back at the market price?

If its the latter where is the loss? If he is that good for Liverpool to wnat him back we will have done well our of the deal and will almost certainly be in the prem.

He is an exciting 19 yo prospect with real championship experience. He was wanted by other clubs and we have won that battle to sign him, with a couple of spending clubs not prepared to meet iiverpools price. Well done the umabitious club - good business.

One signing down, bring on the strikers next.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Nuff Said wrote the following post at 12/07/2016 7:56 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 12/07/2016 6:49 PM: Are we going to need to upgrade the catering facilities at Colney with all these young and hungry players? Lots more Haribo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scm3NCIH_E

😄 NCFC Board meeting?[/quote]Either that, or planning for Delia''s next book.

i would imagine that liverpool will have a buy-back figure

written in contract say 10 million

what liverpool are hoping for / gambling on if he does turn into the next jamie vardy etc they can buy him back for a set fee which would be far cheaper than trying to bid with others

Good to get some business done (hopefully).

I don''t mind the buy-back if we make a profit out of it - totally different from a loan when the player simply goes back at the end of the loan period e.g. Naughton going back to Spurs.  With a buy-back deal, he''s our player from here on, and they''d have to decide to invoke it and pony up the cash if they want.  He could be a great player for us next season and still not be someone they''d want to buy.

What is the current precursor of a new signing? I''ve lost track. Once upon a time we had the time honoured sighting in ASDA, then the manager''s car parked at a jaunty angle at Carrow Road, and we could always fall back on a press conference being announced on here, but I think they''ve all fallen by the wayside recently.Are they just going to announce it out of the blue? Where''s the fun in that? [:''(]Club''s in crisis.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]we probably signed him the 1st day of the window. we will announce him with 10 seconds to go before it closes. #theNorwichWay[/quote]

Actually, we poached him away from under Bristol''s nose as they were about to sign him. The whole thing is a bit sordid really, ''cos then we let Liverpool get us up against a wall and rifle our pockets for another 2 million worth of clauses.

Looks like the deal is done though, good signing!

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]we probably signed him the 1st day of the window. we will announce him with 10 seconds to go before it closes. #theNorwichWay[/quote]

Actually, we poached him away from under Bristol''s nose as they were about to sign him. The whole thing is a bit sordid really, ''cos then we let Liverpool get us up against a wall and rifle our pockets for another 2 million worth of clauses.

Looks like the deal is done though, good signing!