Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Sergi Canos

Tony spearing has helped the club out with players well before last season !

remember we have not always been in the same league as club he has worked for ;-)

Jarvis is the ultimate 6 out of 10 player. Works hard, will run a bit but his crossing is poor, he doesn''t create a great deal, he doesn''t often beat a man and his tracking back is actually not much better than Redmond''s. I was somewhat confused when we signed him permanently as he started well, then went off the boil, then got injured. We basically made him a perm signing off the back of 2 or 3 half decent performances.

I would actually agree with a lot of that king canary but the part about him not tracking back well.

For me, after his injury he was still quite good off the ball and worked his socks off every match while his forward play was letting him down. I agree that he''s a little bit of a nothing player but I think the defensive side of his game is and has remained pretty good

[quote user="morty"]The wallets empty apparently, we''ll be buying no one.[/quote]Here we go again so may i first of all suggest you get it right about what i said. I said there was no money to spend and that we will have to sell before we can buy.Redmond gone for £11 million to be replaced by the look of things by a promising young lad for £2.5 million.Get it yet or will you just carry on with your endless stupid little snipey posts ?Tiresome does not even begin to cover it.

Agree to disagree on that. I noticed quite a few times him jogging back, doing the kind of thing that fans around me regularly slaughtered Redmond for without much of a grumble.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]The wallets empty apparently, we''ll be buying no one.[/quote]Here we go again so may i first of all suggest you get it right about what i said. I said there was no money to spend and that we will have to sell before we can buy.Redmond gone for £11 million to be replaced by the look of things by a promising young lad for £2.5 million.Get it yet or will you just carry on with your endless stupid little snipey posts ?Tiresome does not even begin to cover it.[/quote][:D]

It''s weird that some fans actually want the wallets to be empty. Why? Why are you a fan? Why are you spouting unfounded rumours hoping to be right? You''re a fan. Jesus.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It''s weird that some fans actually want the wallets to be empty. Why? Why are you a fan? Why are you spouting unfounded rumours hoping to be right? You''re a fan. Jesus.[/quote]Exactly.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I know you''re not serious Morty, I mean other fans who say this.[/quote]Some people just love spreading gloom, I guess.

morty wrote the following post at 05/07/2016 6:22 PM:

TIL 1010 wrote:

morty wrote:

The wallets empty apparently, we''ll be buying no one.

Here we go again so may i first of all suggest you get it right about what i said. I said there was no money to spend and that we will have to sell before we can buy.

Redmond gone for £11 million to be replaced by the look of things by a promising young lad for £2.5 million.

Get it yet or will you just carry on with your endless stupid little snipey posts ?

Tiresome does not even begin to cover it.

Big Smile [:D]

Big spoon. 👍👍Duplicity at its most embarrassing 😃

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It''s weird that some fans actually want the wallets to be empty. Why? Why are you a fan? Why are you spouting unfounded rumours hoping to be right? You''re a fan. Jesus.[/quote]Jesus is a fan? Brilliant! Sign him up to play in goal.

morty wrote the following post at 05/07/2016 6:43 PM:

Not like you to get involved in spoon business vanwinkle.....

Teaspoon in your case dear boy.😄

Someone else who has difficulty in reading posts properly '' it''s weird how some fans actually want the wallet to be empty''. Sorry but i cannot recall that take on it exactly. As for hoping to be right the truth is i want it to be far from the case. That does not obviously sit well with those to have an agenda but hey ho 1

There is no credible evidence the coffers were empty before the transfer of Redmond. The are apophrical claims the coffers are empty or contain £10 million. You pay your money and take your choice with these and I''ll take the optimistic choice until something more concrete suggests otherwise.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Someone else who has difficulty in reading posts properly '' it''s weird how some fans actually want the wallet to be empty''. Sorry but i cannot recall that take on it exactly. As for hoping to be right the truth is i want it to be far from the case. That does not obviously sit well with those to have an agenda but hey ho 1[/quote]

Tilly,

With your level of insider info and insight into the club, it''s a travesty that you waste your talents on here, for no financial return. It''s time to make the leap into the paid pundit ranks... it''s time for you to Go Pro...

Why have a go at him, posters have insider knowledge from time to time, I would hate to see them discouraged from posting it.

We don''t want to end up as an over regulated forum like norwichtalk, look what''s happened to that!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Why have a go at him, posters have insider knowledge from time to time, I would hate to see them discouraged from posting it.

We don''t want to end up as an over regulated forum like norwichtalk, look what''s happened to that![/quote]You''re literally desperate for an argument[:D]

[quote user="Vanwink"]A little self indulgent, nobody was talking to you.[/quote]You''re fooling no one[:D]

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]yes we could do far worse than sign this lad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36712910[/quote]Heard a snippet that we signed him yesterday.

Seems fine to me.

I think debate over whether the club coffers are empty is futile.

The fact we get like nearly £200m a season if in the prem and maybe £10m for being in the championship says everything.

We are obviously wanting to be positive and plan to be a regular premiership team but a dose of realism has to hit just in case we end up doing an Ipswich and spending the next decade plus with the paupers in the football league.

Players like Klose and Brady and their contracts are completely unsustainable at this level but we can gamble with keeping them for a year or two in the hope they get us back up or at very least, we can still get a decent fee for them if we do have to sell.

I really think all this flirting with the two divisions has hampered our youth development though but that''s just the way it is for a club with our ambition levels.

Looking at our current squad depth, even if Brady follows Redmond out, except for new strikers how many players do we really need if Canos does sign? (Second positions are in brackets)

GK Ruddy, Rudd, Kean (McGovern?)

RB Pinto, Martin, Whittaker

CB Klose, Bassong, Bennett, (Martin), Turner

LB Olsson, (Brady), Toffolo, (Whittaker)

CM Howson, Dorrans, Odjidja-Ofoe, McGrandles, Godfrey

DM Tettey, Mulumbu, Thompson

WL Brady, (Jarvis), Josh Murphy, (Hoolahan), (Naismith)

WR Jarvis, Canos?, Jacob Murphy, (Odjidja-Ofoe)

AM Hoolahan, Naismith, Maddison, Andreu

S Jerome, RvW, Lafferty, Morris

That doesn''t mean we shouldn''t be looking for new players, but we are doing so from quite a strong position. Hopefully, there''s a ''young hungry player'' aspect to the six young players who would be fighting for a place in the starting line-up.

You''ve hit the nail on the head Yellow Since 72.

When looking at the squad objectively you can see that it is a very strong team for the Championship. Bassong is likely to be third choice behind Bennett and Klose, and whilst Norwich fans are exasperated with Seb he''d be first choice at pretty much every other club in the league.

I think some signings are needed to freshen things up and create a buzz around the fans - Canos is an exciting player and could do that a little.

I think central midfield needs strengthening, especially someone to challenge Tettey (who will almost certainly lose a month or two to injury as normal). I also worry about creativity in the side - Wes is wonderful, but not sure I would want to rely on his 34 year old legs all season and Maddison is too much of an unknown right now.

There are a lot of players I''d like to see cleared out, such as Mulumbu, Vadis, Thompson, Andreu, Lafferty etc to make things a bit more streamlined (with fewer, but better replacements) but there is no essential need to reinvent the entire squad. Just replace key players leaving and refresh a little in attack.

Goes without saying a new striker is needed. But doesn''t every team always want new, better striker?

Our striking options are awful at the moment.

Not even Jerome, who is the current number one, can be relied upon to hit the rich vein he did last time around. I would want him relegated to number two before the season starts, even number two equal.

Enough has been said about the other two losers, but should we go into the season RELYING upon either of them to produce the goods then I for one would worry about our chances of a quick return and would instantly be concerned about the true quality, and indeed ambition, of the management team and the boardroom it''s self.

It will be a tough ask next season with many more teams in the mix than ever before, money is dictating this.

The three teams to succeed will be those with the most potent strikers.

We have some money from Redmond''s sale, may be from Brady''s sale and the parachutes.

The priority MUST be on acquiring at least one decent/proven striker during the coming weeks, at all costs.